Thursday 6 May 2021

Iggy the Iguana!

 Good Evening Everyone, I hope your day's been good with some decent weather. 

Boy is is icy cold here in Inverness and I wouldn't have ventured out but it was polling day and I had to go and put my Xs in the boxes. It was all a bit different this time around at our local school where the polling took place, managed to get myself a bit lost in the building, anyway job done and I hope for the best. I was amazed at the amount of weird and certainly not wonderful political parties on the ballot paper, and I had to go to nearly the end of the paper to find the one I was voting for. All I can say that there must be a hell of an amount of people with money to waste as they will have no chance of getting many if any votes, but I guess that's democracy.

Thank you all so much for your lovely comments on my last coloured picture, I do appreciate your continued visits and the kind words you leave.

I have another page and it's from my planner;

I've named this wee guy Iggy and I think it's Johanna's version of an Iguana, anyhoo I've coloured him with Castleart Botanical pencil set. This is a new pencil set and quite inexpensive, but has lovely colours. I used a Gina K stencil and Distressed Inks for the background. Hope you like him, I'm just pleased to finish another page in my planner.

That's me for now, keep safe and I'll see your soon,





21 comments:

Diane said...

Just fabulous, love the stencil background and fabulous colored Iguana.

Hugs Diane

meg said...

He would definitely blend into the background, love the pattern on his body and head, beautifully coloured Kate

Marlene Atkinson said...

Your Iguana is gorgeous and beautifully coloured. It was a shock to the system seeing that snow this morning, let's hope we don't get anymore. Marlene

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Stunning page Kate, so beautifully coloured. You blended the pencils so well! Love the stencilled background, it compliments the iguana so well.

brenda said...

Again a beautifully coloured page Kate, the soft colours used here are very pleasing on the eye.

We have the same chilly weather, I'm out in the garden at 6am' ish with Rosa and there has been a frost every morning since she came which is two weeks tomorrow.

B x

Jackie T said...

Hi Kate your page is gorgeous. Your colouring is amazing. We had voting here yesterday too. No Wacky candidates for us though. Have a good day. Take care. Hugs Jackie

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous creation, lovely colours, have a great weekend. ♥

cotnob said...

A fabulous page Kate, a beautifully coloured Iguana and great background.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
oh isn't Iggy just glorious and you have coloured him wonderfully.
He is so colourful and I l love your stencilled background it looks stunning.
It is still quite cold here in the south too.
Mainly last thing at night and first thing in the morning.
It seem warmer outside throughout the day than in doors.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Love the colours you have used, fab colouring

Zoe Tant said...

Love Iggy and sorry you are cold. It isn't May weather at all. We voted too mainly because it was our son's first time as he just turned 18. Let's hope the weather warms up soon. Zoe x

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful coloured page. Wished everyone who had a vote would vote. Have a great weekend. Anesha

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! This is another stunner Kate, beautiful image and colouring, I do admire your patience. As for voting! We had a 5 minute walk to get to the voting station, then with 15 people in front of us in the queue, we voted over an hour later! One time when I felt like giving up my vote, being so cold waiting! Covid has a lot to answer for.
Hope you're feeling warmer but, look out for the next rain and wind over the weekend. We are promised up to 4 inches of rain, - wonderful!
Keep safe warm and dry.
Faith x

Sally H said...

Wow! Stunning colouring Kate! A beautiful image too. It has been quite warm here in the sunshine, but the drop in temperature when you move into the shade is quite noticeable. We have managed to dodge the showers over the past few days, but seen plenty happening in the distance.

Valerija said...

Great colouring and background. Well done!
Have a nice weekend.
Valerija xx

wannabcre8tive said...

Wow, you have colored Ivy beautifully and I love the stenciled background.

Mac Mable said...

Fabulous colouring and one fabulous Iggy image x. Loving the background stencilling too Kate. We manged to do on postal voting this year, which saved us going out x.

MiamiKel said...

OK this is so absolutely fabulously colored! Bravo my friend! You know these Iguanas are very common in my neighborhood and they run wild in our yards it’s kind of freaky to see one that is 2 feet long running through the backyard twice the size of a cat!! Hugs!

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Fab-u-lous x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

This is beautiful Kate and your colouring is amazing x

Pat said...

I love this wonderful iguana in your planner Kate and some excellent colouring and stencilling in the background. It has been cold down here in the south west too and we have had so much rain, heavy at times but now it does sound as though better weather is on the horizon. x