Tuesday 11 May 2021

Flying South for Winter!

 Hello Everyone, I hope your week's got off to a good start and that your are all well.

We had a lovely weekend, didn't do all that much, weather wasn't all that good, but hey ho, that's British weather for you.

We had a lovely walk around our Uni Campus and delighted to see that our swans have seven cygnets, just wee balls of fluff, but out swimming with their parents. We were just enchanted watching them being led by mum back to their nest, playtime must have been over, and dad was herding up the stragglers and waiting to make sure all of the cygnets managed to climb back into the nest, so wonderful to watch them.

Thank you so much for your continued visits and the lovely comments you leave, so much appreciated.

I have a coloured page this evening;


This is the first double page I've tackled, and I felt a bit daunted by it, but once I got started it all came together. It's from a Rita Berman book, My Autumn walk is the translation;


My picture has been coloured with Prismacolour pencil and the sky coloured with Bambino Clay Crayons. I love the picture of the geese flying off and in my own story they are flying off to warmer climes. I love this artist's books the illustrations are fabulous.

Well that's me for now, I've had a busy day so it's time to get my feet up and have a cuppa. So take care of yourselves and see you soon,



22 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This is a beautifully coloured double page spread Kate, it must have taken ages and I can see why you were daunted by the task but you've done a wonderful job and you should be very proud of yourself it looks amazing.
Lorraine

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

How lucky seen swans and their cygnets occupied in their life! How sweet.
Lovely pages with those migrants birds flying on the countries, beautiful colouring!
Hugs

Valerija said...

Lots of details. Very pretty!
Valerija xx

meg said...

Beautiful pages Kate,must have taken a long time to complete all the to tiny details

aussie aNNie said...

Beauties here and your colouring is sensational. xx

brenda said...

Good to know your Swans have little ones again Kate, I've not seen our this year as not had cause to go that direction since we changed vets to one in the next village.

The ones on your colouring page had a nice zentangle design.

B x

Jackie T said...

Hi Kate your colouring is gorgeous. I just love these pages. How lovely to see the cygnets. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Beautiful job x

cotnob said...

A beautiful double page spread Kate, you have coloured it beautifully.
Our swans have no cygnets this year, I think they were disturbed when our local council replaced a bridge near to where they nested!
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Sue said...

This is so gorgeous Kate full of colour hugs Sue xx

Flo Langley said...

Hi Kate. Lovely pages. You do pick the most prettiest books. Pleased to hear the swans are doing well. Its a lovely time of year for wildlife. Enjoy your week. Hugs Flo xxx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

How gorgeous is this page, love it

Jules said...

Hi Kate

Lovely to hear you are able to get out and about and get some fresh air. Lovely to see the baby swans too!

Your colouring pages always amaze me. Not sure I would have the patience to colour such large spaces .. .. but the results you achieve are always amazing.

Have a good rest of the week.

Love Jules xx

Dortesjs said...

whooo NICE love colouring, I have unfortunately a bad arm at the moment so i have started up on cards again..just for a little while. keep up coloring Kate, you color beautifully.

Jennifer Johnston said...

This is a beautiful design Kate and looking at it in close up, the colours you have chosen are stunning, I love it! so professionally coloured. Hope you have a good weekend too Kate and thank you so much for your lovely comment on my recent blog, much appreciated.
Love & Hugs Jennifer xx.

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Your colouring pages are lovely Kate and I'm sure that it must be so theraputic. The weather here has been awful this week, rain most days :( x

Mac Mable said...

Fabulous double page image and what amazing colouring Kate x.

Margarets designer cards said...

Fabulous page, I love the scene and your colouring

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful coloring!

Diane said...

What a lovely walk and wonderful colored page Kate.

Hugs diane

wannabcre8tive said...

Wow, your pages are so beautifully colored. You do an awesome job with the Prisma pencils.

Sue said...

Wonderful pages ad coloring. Love to hear that the swans are back and have new babies too. How fun to watch them grow.

Hugs
Sue