Saturday 29 May 2021

Birthday Shoe!

 Hello Everyone, I hope your are all well and enjoying your Saturday. 

I had to go into town this morning as I wanted to take a couple of things back to M&S, and getting in early makes all the difference, and it was beautiful and sunny, but now the clouds are coming in and it looks like rain, in fact it looks thundery. Alistair has been out doing a bit of weeding and is now dosing in the chair. He had a very long day yesterday as he was away for a walk with his friend, and walked more than they intended and it was over rough ground. He was never coming home and I was beginning to wonder if I was going to have to call someone out, he was much later than he said he would be. I thought I'll give him another hour which would have been 10 pm and if he's not home, I'll do something, luckily, he arrived back around 9.30 pm, absolutely exhausted. 

Anyway, I've a card to show tat was made for a friend's birthday'


From Carnation Crafts, shoe dies and frames. All I added was coloured card and gems and sparkle. Wouldn't it be wonderful to be able to wear shows like this. I fall off flatties now lol. 

Thank you so much for the lovely comments on my last post, as usual you are all very kind.

Just before I go, here's a photo of a sleeping beauty


He's gonna have a sore neck.

Enjoy your weekend and I'll see you soon,



20 comments:

meg said...

No high heels for me either Kate,used to love them though,a beautiful feminine card

Jackie T said...

Hi Kate that is a gorgeous card you have made for your friend. Enjoy the rest of the weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous dimensions, that shoe is just stunning!! Too high also for me!! :D Wonderful card!

brenda said...

Long gone are my day's of killer heels as well, non the less we can dream with pretty cards, it's a lovely shade of blue as well.

B x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A beautiful, elegant, feminine card Kate - flats for me now I'm afraid :)
Lorraine

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card, the heels and the colours are gorgeous ...xx
[sleeping beauty looks like my sleeping beauty at times]

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Kate, a gorgeous shoe, I don't think I ever had shoes as high as that.
Glad Alistair got home safely, they do know how to make us worry don't they!
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful shoe card,
Yes its a beautiful day here in Somerset, although the sun is a little hazy,
I would let the sleeping man rest and have some me time.

MRS DUCK said...

A fabulous card which is standing proud on our dresser. Thank you.
Alistair has a fine pair of legs 😁.x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Fab card. I don’t know how anyone can wear those heels.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A gorgeous die and frame on this beautiful card Kate. Alistair is going to love you for adding this photo here hahahahh. Gosh it was a long walk.
Faith x

Sue said...

Stunning card Kate ..the days of high heels have long gone for me! hugs Sue x

Valerija said...

Gorgeous card and I like this shoe.
Valerija xx

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

That is a sleeping beauty. Fab card Kate x

Mrs A. said...

Looks just like The Doc except he normally has the TV re toe clutched in his hand So I am stuck on whichever channel he is n on till he wakes up! Lol. Gone are days of wearing shoes that high too. I had a gorgeous bright pink pair that I loved . You remind card is very elegant. Hugs Mrs A.

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
what a gorgeous shoe and a very beautiful card too.
I expect your friend loved it.
Yes gone are the days of wearing high heels I too keep to reasonable heels these days in case I fall over.
Can't wear complete flats though I have to have a very small heel as I have very high arches and that doesn't let me wear very flat shoes as it hurts my calfs.
Oh bless him no wonder he was warn out.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Mac Mable said...

Such a pretty card and yes high heel shoes for me, are a thing of the past too x.

Sue said...

Oh how I would have loved shoes like this one back in the day! Now it is mostly sneakers and flats! Gorgeous card, Kate. Your man needs a neck pillow, because your right he is going to have a sore neck!! Hope you gave him hell for being so late and worrying you.

Hugs
Sue

Pat said...

Such a beautiful card for your friend's birthday Kate and the pretty frames and two tone purple background really shows off that that wonderful stiletto heel perfectly. No wonder Alistair is so tired sounds like an epic walk and I bet you were getting worried by his late appearance, but luckily all OK which is the main thing. x

Sally H said...

Such a pretty card! I used to wear heels a lot being pretty short, but comfort is more important than height these days! Hope Alistair didn't ache too much, lol. At least he wasn't snoring!