Friday 21 February 2020

Just Because!

Hello to you All, I hope today is a good one for you and that you are keeping clear of this awful weather. We had high winds and loads of rain throughout the night, but it's calmed down now.

What a frustrating day I had yesterday. I had been trying to print out some music that our Conductor had emailed that's required for our next rehearsal. As there were twenty four sheets, I wondered if I could get them to print out double sided. Yes, my printer told me I could. So off I went, all going tickity boo, then I noticed a window popping up on my PC telling me to flip the pages over, well of course I flipped them over the wrong way so they were printing upside down. Anyhoo, to cut a long story short, the printing became stuck in the queue, and I couldn't cancel the job. I was the whole afternoon trying to sort it out, finally the the help of You Tube and much patience I finally managed to cancel the printing job. I've also had to buy more ink.....not a cheap purchase, and now I've managed to print the whole lot out and stuck down the pages.  I would have been cheaper buying the music score from Amazon.  As some of you might know it's Beethoven's 200 Anniversary this year and the Choral Society have been invited by the Inverness Chamber Orchestra to sing, along with the Dingwall Choral Society to sing the last movement of the 9th Symphony. You'll know it as The Ode to Joy. We will be singing it in it's original German. A huge piece of work , but very exciting albeit hard going for Sopranos as much of the chorus is so very high. I'm sure though that with around three hundred voices there will be a good few who will managed all the top A's.

So will all that yesterday, I didn't get into the craft room, but I've managed a little something today;
I'm working my way through these lovely LOTV floral stamps, I love this one and it's the first time it's been inked up. Copic Markers and white gel pen to colour and matted on to some rainbow coloured card. Distressed Oxides through  a stencil, not sure what brand it is, but I like it. Sentiment from Creative Stamping magazine, finishing off with a few clear gems. I think it's turned out really well.

Thank you for all the lovely comments on my last card, you are so very kind.
Off now to find some plastic sleeves  to put  these pages into, the glue should be dry by now.
Enjoy your weekend, and see you soon,

22 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful background and love the floral topper. Have a great weekend.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Hazel (Didos) said...

What a sweet card, it looks like spring has sprung on it!! Just what we need when its cold and dull!! Rain and terrible winds here again. Your musical society will be amazing with all the singers and the Chamber Orchestra!! A very special occasion! Hazelx

Mia said...

Gorgeous card, Kate. I love the stenciled background and the beautiful LOTV stamp. You coloured it so beautiful! Hugs, my friend.

Flo Langley said...

Beautiful card Kate. Lovely pretty colours. You poor thing. Technology can be infurating at times but how fantastic for you all to be singing together. What an experience. All memories of the demon printer will disappear. Take care, Flo xx

dutchess said...

What a sweet card Kate...lovely colouring ....
We have had a lovely sunny breezy day today such a nice break from all the rain...fingers crossed for the weekend xxxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Your day sounds so frustrating, but your card has made up for it, it is Gorgeous Kate. The music will be beautiful too, good luck with all the rehearsals.
Faith x

Crafting Queen said...

Ouch sounds like a very frustrating day with your printer. Really like this card, great background. Have a good weekend. x

meg said...

love your stencilled background Kate, the rainbow hues are a beautiful foil for the colours and white space in the topper, gorgeous card, how frustrating for you when what seemed like an easy job went awry.

pam said...

Sounds like you had a taxing printing episode Kate! oh to try our patients!
Beautiful card ..
Pam x

Marlene Atkinson said...

Beautiful background, the flowers are gorgeous. Marlene

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Oh how frustrating, printers are great when they are working well. I have had problems cancelling a job with my old printer. This one is much better and prints double sided no problem. Your card is so pretty and delicate

Mac Mable said...

Sorry to hear about your printing problems but so glad you finally got there. Wow... to the huge pending performance and in German too x. What a beautiful card. The stencilling in the rainbow colours looks so pretty and so is that stamped floral image. Enjoy your weekend too x.

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card and full or spring blooms.xxx

brenda said...

Such a pretty card Kate which has a real feel of warmer Summer days to it (if you close your ears to the wind outside which is blowing a gale here in the Fens).

B x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Printers are a bit fool sometime, it happens frequently also to me. I click with right mouse on the desktop space and go to the spooler tool in Activity Management, and here search "Spooler" and stop the spooler... Then I run the spooler again and so I solve. Hope it could be useful for you the next time.
It seems that you will have a fab concert, love The Ode to Joy!! :D
Your card is adorable, beautiful flowers and amazing stencilled ackground!
Hugs

Jennifer Johnston said...

Loving the background Kate and the super images,so beautifully coloured.
Hugs Jennifer xx.

Viv said...

What a gorgeous card here Kate! sorry you had such a bad time with the printing job..I have been there many times too! the music sounds just fabulous also...enjoy it all ;) Viv xx

Jules said...

Hi Kate

A really lovely cheerful card .. .. I love the image very much.

Nightmare on the printing front for you though. I hate it when a job I think will take half an hour ends up taking half a day!!!

Love Jules xx

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful card, with a lovely image and great background

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Kate, such a pretty image and lovely stencilled background.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Pat said...

Sorry your Ode to Joy was not such a joy to copy Kate, that is a lot of music to copy! No wonder it took you so long and with some problems along the way. I am quite envious as I would love to do this. Perhaps I'll pop up to Inverness and join you..lol. I adore your brightly coloured stencil background with the pretty LOTV flowers over the top..a wonderful finished result. x

Sue said...

The stenciled background is so nice, and your flowers are beautiful. What a super design and such pretty colors.

Hugs
Sue