Tuesday 18 February 2020

Basket of Blooms!

Hello Everyone, are you surviving this awful weather? My heart goes out to all those folks who have been flooded, just heartbreaking for them. We have been very lucky, and although we have had flood alerts, I've not heard of anywhere locally being flooded.
It's been so cold today and been trying to snow, too, even Teallach doesn't want to go out, don't blame him.

Thank you for your continued visits and your lovely comments, I do so appreciated them. And welcome to Babs who is my latest Follower, thank you for clicking the Follow button, I hope you will return for a visit often. However, I don't seen to be able to find your blog as I would like to return the visit.

I have a little floral card today;
On watercolour  card I stamp this lovely Art Impression basket image with Tombow watercolour pens, them added the foliage and flowers. matted on to coloured card to match and on to a cream base card. The sentiment comes from the current Creative Stamping magazine.
I've really just found these stamps and have been watching the You Tube videos from the creator of the stamps Bonnie Krebbs,  and she makes it all look so easy. She inks up the stamp with the pens then only adds the least amount of water. This is my first attempt, it's not too bad.

The downside of this is that ordered some stamps and the markers from their store in the US and was astounded by the amount of tax I had to pay when they arrived in this country. I've never  ordered anything from America before and have to say, I won't be again, one parcel was £17.30 tax, the other one was a bit less but not much. Anyhoo, I love the stamps and the Tombow pens. Sadly, it's difficult to get these stamps here.

Well, that's it from me tonight, keep safe everyone and hope to see you soon,

22 comments:

Christine Harrop said...

A really lovely card Kate and a great stamp. I have ordered from the USA once but never again. The tax is bad enough but Royal Mail add an enormous handling charge which is absolutely outrageous. Take care. Hugs Christine xx

Jannet said...

A beautiful watercoloured card Kate, if you keep USA orders under £15 you shouldn’t pay any tax. I often pay more in shipping to the
UK than the cost of the single stamp. Take care xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

What a pretty card. Sunny here today, very lucky, no flooding in Norfolk, so bad elsewhere, poor people. I once bought some sale items from mft but the tax was too much, won’t do it again.

Babs said...

This is such I beautiful card the image is so pretty and coloured beautifully .
Babs x

Babs said...

This is such I beautiful card the image is so pretty and coloured beautifully .
Babs x

Anet's Crafting said...

Wow you card is just beautiful Kate. Love your watercolouring and pretty layering. Hugs Anet.

MiamiKel said...

Kate, I am so glad you are okay and I'm sure you are relieved to be safe and snug in the home with no flooding. YOur card is just gorgeous! I love Bonnie Krebs and the AI videos. They are addicting! I always think I can paint that after she is done and mine are a mess, lol. Beautiful card and love the cream as a focal color! xx

aussie aNNie said...

Watercolouring is so relaxing and this is particularly beautiful...xx

Valerija said...

Gorgeous card, Kate. It is so nice to see your wonderful floral image.
Valerija xx

cotnob said...

Such a pretty card Kath, a lovely stamp and fabulous watercolouring.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful card. I feel your pain about your US order. I won some stamps and had to pay tax and £8 to Royal mail as a handling fee!

meg said...

Stunning make Kate the colours are beautifully soft and muted a gorgeous card

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is stunning, what a pretty card, I love the effect you have got with them.I was caught out too with the tax from the US. If you spend less than £15. they dont tax you. I now google search places in the UK to get stamps from the companies. (Although last week was shocked at the UK price too!!!) Today is the day of the Top 3 for Fezziwigs... Im sure if you pop over you will like whos there!!! Hazel xx

Linda Simpson said...

This is a gorgeous card Kate, love the beautiful bouquet. It has been raining all day here :(
Hugs
Linda xxx

Flo Langley said...

Pleased to hear you are both ok. I got caught out once ordering from America. Its a bit of a shock when it happens. Gorgeous card Kate. Beautifully coloured. Stay warm, Hugs Flo xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! Kate no matter what you paid it was worth it, you have a beautiful card with beautiful combo of colours, I LOVE it. I hope the snow won't be too deep with you up there in the North. Keep warm safe and dry.
Faith x

Mac Mable said...

Such a pretty and feminine card with beautiful water colouring x. Yes I have been caught out too Kate with Tax etc....I mind the hefty charge the postal service puts on it as an admin charge! Weather still wild down our way too but no floods x.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Years ago I won a packet full of goodies from USA and when it's arrived in Italy I have to pay 20 € for taxes. It was a bit shocked... LOL
Your basket of flowers looks gorgeous, great watercolouring|
Glad to hear that all it's ok for you.
Hugs

Birgit said...

Your card is so well coloured and shows how well you can colour and shade. I hope you are aok along with friends and family. That is expensive which makes me wary about ordering from the states or England

brenda said...

I know that ouch feeling Kate, I order all my PB from the Staes and invariably get stung for tax and what annoys most is the £8 is the PB's handling fee. Anyhows, it is a very pretty card.

B x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Absolutely beautiful Kate. I have a few Art Impression stamps from my earlier stamping days and I'm now thinking that I should re-visit them. Wowza on the Tax, that's quite shocking isn't it. You enjoy them x

Sue said...

Kate, your card turned out so lovely. The soft colors are so pretty, what a beautiful job you did with this. I struggle with watercolor painting, but I keep trying.

Hugs
Sue