Sunday 9 December 2018

Cute for the CCC!

Hello One and All, and welcome to my little blog. I hope you are well and enjoying your weekend.
We've had very heavy rain today and at times quite dark, it was a day for staying in. However, I got up early to go to the Post Office to post a parcel, before the queues started, this is the way to go now, and I've warned Alistair that it will be an earlier rise tomorrow for the food shopping, otherwise the stores get too busy, and he has no patience for that.

I had a lovely day....well few hours with my lovely friend Rita on Thursday. I started off on the bus at 8;30, arrived in Glasgow at 12:00 and then had to make sure I was at the bus station at 5:30 for the journey home, so in reality I was longer on the bus than a visit. Anyhow, it was lovely to see her and we had a smashing lunch, then retired to the lounge of the hotel and sat and chatted over our coffee. Soooooo much to chat about, we covered a whole range of subjects and felt we'd managed to put a few things right with the world. It's the first time I've been to Glasgow and not gone to the shops...not even John Lewis.  You wouldn't think that sitting on a bus was tiring, but I'm still recovering, but it was well worth it, and I just have to accept that it is what it is when one lives this far North.

So, here I am with the last of our Christmas Card Challenges for 2018, and where has the time gone????  For this challenge Sylvie is the hostess and she would like to see cute cards, here is mine,
Is this cute or what?? This is from a Honey Bee stamp set, it's quite a large stamp and there are about 20 stamps in the set, stars, following snow, tree, fairy lights and more. Honey Bee is an American stamp company and they have some gorgeous stamps. I coloured with Zig watercolour pens. Background is Oxides, SU paper and glitter card. A beautiful snowflake flourish ribbon and gems.
Hope you like it Sylvie, it was a lovely challenge to end the year with and one I really enjoyed.

I mentioned on my last post that I was awaiting a phone call from the GP regarding a  blood test. Well he eventually phoned half and hour late, but hey ho, he's a popular doctor, but the lab didn't do the test that was wanted, so my stomach worries are no further forward. I have to say the doctor was really annoyed too, there were some results, but said there wasn't enough blood to carry out all the tests. My doctor doesn't believe this, anyway the upshot is back to have more blood taken next week and it will be into the new year before the results come through. I just hate needles... which is strange you might think coming from someone who injects insulin 4 times a day, but my blood pressure goes up at a great rate of naughts when I have to have blood taken and the nurse always seems to have a difficult job finding a good vein, just have to get on with it.

Right, that's me for now, as my dishwasher is having a night off, I'm off to wash said dishes and tidy the kitchen.

Thank you so much for your lovely comments on my last card, I do appreciated it.
Scheduling this for Sunday morning when the Challenge goes live,


29 comments:

Wendy L said...

Your card really is a cutie Kate, xx
Bloods take so long in UK, goodness knows why. Fingers crossed you get it sorted soon, xxx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

What a lovely long post to read this morning. So glad you had a lovely time with Rita, though the bus journeys sound a pain. I adore your card, such pretty colours and a real cutie. I don’t like needles either but luckily have good veins in my arms for taking blood unlike hubby. I hope you get your problem sorted soon x

Christine Harrop said...

This really is cuteness personified Kate. You know, I really despair of the medical/nursing profession these days. I'm glad I'm out of it now.
Hope the vampire finds your vein easily this time. Hugs Christine xx

dutchess said...

Super cute Kate it’s a lovely stamps and you have obviously had fun colouring it it’s perfect.....
So glad you had a good meet up with Rita and a good natter....a beautiful cold crisp sunny day here today makes me more cheerful xxxx

Rita said...

Well Kate, your card is fantastic and I love that reindeer. Your colouring is always so good, but I will keep trying. We had a magical day on Thursday even although we never venture out from the hotel, I think the lovely staff thought we had taken root there. For a very wet and windy day it was the perfect way to spend it for us. 2019 is a New Year for me and I feel more ready to face new challenges. Thank you for our lovely friendship too. Hugs Rita xxxxlo

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Kate- I feel your pain with having blood taken. Having had Chemo, my veins are awful, and people finding a decent vein can be a nightmare. One tip given me by one of the nurses, and it may help as it seems to be working for me, is to put a heat pad- you know, one of the wheat packs you heat up in the microwave?- on your elbow area for a while beforehand. So far, it's worked well.
Love the card, thats a really sweet deer image.Funnily, I'd not heard of Honey Bee before yesterday, when I saw the name on the Dies to Die for site!They have some lovely stamps. Hugs, Shaz X

meg said...

So pleased you had a great time with Rita, the journey is long, when I go from Aberdeen you need to add on 2 hrs to each journey for getting there, a long tiring day, Love this card the reindeer is absolutely gorgeous. Hope the lab manages to complete the tests next time.

DIMI said...

Hello dear Kate!
Your card is absolutely gorgeous! Like the image with the cute reindeer and how beautifully you colored it!
It was a long trip to Glasgow,but you sure had a great time with your friend! I don’t like needles either! 😖
Have a great new week!xxx
Dimi...

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Adorable little deer and wonderful card with him, how sweet colours and fabulous design!
So sorry for your blood tests, it seems that you have to be patient...
Hugs

Linda Simpson said...

Adorable card and love the sweet image.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Gibmiss said...

Hi Kate
Fabulous cute card... happy you had lovely day with Rita..
enjoy your Christmas...
hugs Sylvie xx

Diane said...

Sounds like your trip to see Rita was wonderful. Fabulous colors and the stamped image is so pretty. Sorry to hear about the mix up at the doctors.

Hugs Diane

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Such a sweet card Kate and I love your colour palette. The touch of Lilac looks beautiful. I’m sorry to read about you blood test, it seems par for the course these days. Fingers crossed that they get things sorted for you quickly in the new year x

pam said...

Beautiful card Kate, I’m sorry to read about your blood tests, what a mix up!.
Hugs Pam x

Jennifer Johnston said...

Hi Kate, this is such a pretty card. Just love
the deer....very cute! and the colours are beautiful.
So pleased you and Rita enjoyed your time together.
Love & Hugs Jennifer xx.

Mrs A. said...

Sweet Bambi with a gorgeous choice of colour scheme. Great for the set theme. Annoying about your blood test. Hope you get it sorted . The Doc has a hospital appointment in January and has to have a blood test done at the surgery so that the results are at the hospital to tally with the appointment. These don't always go to,plan either and he hates having blood taken too. Hugs Mrs A.

Lisa said...

Hi Kate - I'm sorry you don't have the results yet. How frustrating. Praying for you and that you have answers soon. Your card is stunning!! I love the sweet deer and the colors!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

aussie aNNie said...

So cute is this Kate, adorable image...
as a nurse of a few years ago I loved taking bloods and giving needles, always complimented by the patient how 'gentle' I was.xx

scrappymo! said...

Merry Christmas, Kate.
Your card is very cute. That is a fabulous image and the water coloured detail is so lovely.

I hope they get to the bottom of your stomach issues. That delay wounds frustrating.

Maria - Ivyleaf Crafts said...

A beautiful card Kate. I hope all goes well taking the blood again it's,so frustrating they have to do it again ..hopefully you won't have to wait too long for the results xx

Dortesjs said...

beautiful card this..merry christmas to you and your family i wish you ;O)

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful card, lovely image

cotnob said...

Such a pretty card Kate, an adorable image and lovely colours.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This is a beautiful card Kate, what a sweet image and it looks lovely framed and showcased here.
Lorraine

Mac Mable said...

Now that is one cute and adorable card, absolutely love it x
Glad your trip to Glasgow went well and that you enjoyed yourselves. Mind you it is a long trip on the bus and no wonder you are tired.
So sorry about the lack of blood results....it's so frustrating for you.
No wonder you worry etc about blood being taken with the needle, when they have difficulty finding a vein x
Thank you for the super cute card x

rachel said...

Gorgeous cute card Kate and so glad to hear you got to spend a couple of hours with Rita - how lovely for both of you! Super big hugs rachel x

Jannet said...

A very cute card, an adorable deer and beautifully coloured too. Sorry to hear about the mix up with your blood tests. I hope it will be sorted out soon. I have been on nhs waiting lists for months on end. All the best xx

Sue said...

Oh my how sweet is this card and the little deer. Love the colors. Beautiful, Kate.

Hugs
Sue

Anet's Crafting said...

Just beautiful Kate, love your fabulous colouring of the reindeer. Hugs Anet x