Friday 14 December 2018

Christmas Lantern!

Hello Everyone, hoping you are well and ready to begin another weekend.  No doubt there will be a business to it as it is ever coming closer to the Big Day.  
I was out early to catch the supermarket this morning as I wanted to buy some bits and pieces and the car parks were incredibly full, so it can only get worse as the days go on. Are you all ready yourselves?? We are really, thankfully we have not much to do anyway, as it's gift cards for our younger family members, makes life easier.  I do have some wrapping up to do, and no doubt Damian will be over with Moreen's gift for me to wrap up too. 

Anyway, I have a little Card-io card today;
This is such a lovely image and of course the sentiment is from Card-io too. Just used a little Versacolour ink for the Lantern's glow. A simple card but so effective. Hope you like it.

This is what I'll be busy doing tomorrow;
Yes, it's time again for our Carolthon, when the Choral members sing in shifts throughout the day in
the Shopping center in Inverness to raise money for our chosen charity. This year it's Inverness Foodstuff, a charity run by one of our local churches who prepare meals for Rough Sleepers, and generally Homeless people, so I'm hoping that the public can manage to be generous, having said that, money for many is a scarce commodity these days, but the generosity of people is always staggering.
So if you are out and about in Inverness tomorrow come along and have a listen, we have a lovely selection of Christmas Carol, and songs, well known and some not so well known and of course a few pieces for Handle's Messiah, and we'er not half bad.  This is a concert that I love doing, and I even did it the other year with no voice at all, as the day before I came down with some sort of throat thing and couldn't sing a note...so I just mimed instead.

I hope you all have a lovely weekend whatever you have planned, and I'll see you soon, take care of yourselves,


23 comments:

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Kate, such a lovely image and wonderful sentiment.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Wendy L said...

Card is gorgeous KAte.
Enjoy the day tomorrow as I heard the weather and it is very very cold, xxx

Lisa said...

It is such a beautiful image!! I love the glow!! The sentiment is gorgeous!! I hope you have a wonderful time with the Carolthon!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card and love the sentiment Kate, simple but lovely.xx[aussie aNNie blog] ♥ ♥

Pink Rose said...

Hi Kate I love your card well done my friend, hope you have a wonderful weekend.

DIMI said...

Hello dear Kate!
What a lovely card and how beautifully you colored it!
Love the lantern image !Oh..i love Christmas carols!!
Have a lovely day and a happy weekend!xxx
Dimi...

meg said...

Hope the Carolthon goes well today, love this CAS card and wonderful verse, it has a vintage feel to it which is a favourite for Christmas cards

Linda Simpson said...

A gorgeous card, love the lantern.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely card, love the image and the way you did the light

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I love Cardio and this is fab. Hope the carol singing goes well

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous CAS, with a lovely sentiment!
Hope that your voice has came again now! Have a fabulous concert!!

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
Your bad blogging chum is back again.
I have been neglectful of many so you are in good company lol!!!
I promise to do better.
Love Card-io and love this card. The lantern's glow looks fab.
Glad the carols went well. Hope you raised lots of money.
Lovely to catch up yesterday.
Best wishes.
Ang x

Sue said...

Your card is simply stunning. I love the sentiment too. Need to make mine simpler next year, cost a fortune to mail!! Just a reminder, Kate, wear comfortable shoes for the carolathon!!

Hugs
Sue

Mac Mable said...

Good luck with the carolathon X
Love your CAS card and the glow from the lantern looks wonderful. Gorgeous sentiment too X

Mrs A. said...

Oh Wow Kate, the splash of yellow light is just perfect on this card. Hmm L'th is being very quiet at the moment I'm sure he is just waiting to make a break for it whilst my back is turned. Bit worried there is another Lorry load of ducks arriving imminently. Hugs Mrs A.

pam said...

Stunning card Kate, love the design.
Pam x

rachel said...

Gorgeous card Kate - I hope your carolathon went well too! Hugs rachel x

Rita said...

What a absolutely stunning card Kate. I do have the sentiment sheet though. Enjoy your Carolthon. Hugs Rita xxx

Karen Dunbrook said...

so beautiful Kate, love the glow you gave the lantern and that wonderful, unique sentiment.
In case I run out of time I would like to wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas filled with many blessing and happy moments.
xx Karen

Jennifer Johnston said...

Hi Kate, as you say in your post. 'a simple but effective card.' I just love it. That touch of colour for the glow of the lantern, paints a picture of it's own, could be carol singers underneath the lantern! a snowman, happy little children or many other things lol! Enjoy your week.
Hugs Jennifer xx.

Marlene Atkinson said...

This a gorgeous card, it is so simple but gorgeous, love the yellow for the glow from the Lantern and a beautiful verse. Hope your Carolthon went well and raised lots of money for the challenge. wishing you a Happy Christmas and a Happy New Year. We must catch up sometime after the holidays. Marlene

Pat said...

I love your Card-io stamps Kate, and the pretty yellow glow looks great, also the lovely verse. I hope your Carolthon went well last Saturday and that you raised lots of money for that worthwhile charity, and also when you do your carols at the UHI. Hubby and I and a few other people from the local hospital 'Friends' joined in a carol service there this afternoon followed by tea and a selection of cakes and of course mince pies. It went well and everyone enjoyed it, helped by the cakes no doubt..lol. x


Anet's Crafting said...

Beautiful CAS Christmas card Kate. Hugs Anet x