Wednesday 19 December 2018

All I Want for Christmas.....!

Hello Everyone, are you nearly there with your preparations?? Hope you are remaining calm and not getting too stressed. I'm pretty lucky in that I now don't really have much to do, so much so that I just wonder how I did it all whist I was still working. 
I was getting my knickers in a twist whilst wrapping up Damian, Moreen and the pet's gifts today, every piece of paper I cut was far too short. I should have just left it but I wanted to get it all done. I've been awfully tired, so that didn't help, got it all wrapped eventually, then took myself for a walk to clear my head.

Thank you all so much for the lovely comments on my last card, I appreciate each and every comment.

I've had a go at making a card using the Black Ice technique, now it's not really all that difficult, having said that it took me five attempts and burnt out my heat gun in the process, however, determined as I am, I got one I was fairly happy with, what do you think?
I've used an Inkylicious stamp, two  pine trees and a John Lockwood sentiment. Silver foil card and dark grey glitter card and of course black card. I didn't think it required .any other embellishments. It was difficult to photograph.
It's Alistair's Christmas card and I'm happy to say he loves it. I think I need more practise, as it seems to EP seems to bubble on the foil, but maybe it just does. If anyone knows different let me know.

The Choral society have been invited to sing a carol concert on Friday at the UHI, University of the Highlands and Islands, Campus which is just down the road from where I live.  The university will donate money to our chosen charity that we did the Carolthon for.  It will be into the New Year before we know how much we raised for that. That will be the last sing for this year, but I do like Christmas carols. 

I hope you are all well, but I know there are a few Blogging Friends who are going through difficult times just now, so sending out healing thoughts to you that you find a measure of comfort and peace.

That's me for tonight, time for a cuppa and a mince pie...of the Christmas type, take care and see you soon,




19 comments:

cotnob said...

Your card is stunning Kate, it is so difficult to get good photographs in the winter, the dark weather doesn't help and anything that is shiny is always a challenge.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Diane said...

Wow wonderful job Kate, I have never heard of Black Ice technique but wow it is fabulous.

Hugs Diane

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful stunning and love the gorgeous colours Kate, must google this technique
Wishing you and Alistair a Happy and Holy Christmas.xx

DIMI said...

Hello dear Kate!
What a fabulous Christmas card! I haven’t heard about the Ice technique,but it looks gorgeous on your card! Well done!
Oh..i would love to have a mince pie,sweet memories from my childhood in Melbourne!
Happy Christmas and a happy New Year to you and your family! Happy Holidays!
Dimi...

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

What a gorgeous card Kate and I’m not at all surprised that Alistair loves it.....so do I. I have to confess that I’ve never even heard of this technique but it’s definitely one that I’ll be looking at when I have a little more time, what’s terrific effect. I haven’t even started wrapping my presents yet but it’s on my to do list for today, so we’ll see how that goes :). Wishing yourself and Alistair a peaceful Christmas and all the very best for 2019. Crafty Christmas hugs, Sandra x

Dortesjs said...

waue dont know black ice tec. very nice card dear

meg said...

gorgeous card Kate, the sheen and sparkle are beautiful, glad Alistair loved it after all the work you put into making it

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful Kate, I am sure Alistair will love it.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Pink Rose said...

Hi Kate beautiful card,you are very clever,hope your day is a good one.

Pat said...

So pleased to see youhave hada go at the black ice technique Kate and you have done a great job. I didn't have a problem with the embossing powder bubbling and I think you just need to do a very light covering of the sticky ink and powder but yours looks fine to me. I adore your gorgeous trees and a lovely sentiment too, and it has made a wonderful card for Alistair. I'm sorry I haven't visited much recently but was so behind with my cards I just had to concentrate on them for a few days to get them in the post in time. x

Lisa said...

Oh wow, it's so stunning!! I love the technique you used!! It looks amazing!! I've had the same problem wrapping presents where I cut the paper too short...I end up piecing it together like Frankenstein ;) Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

pam said...

Wonderful card Kate.
Merry Christmas to you and yours.
Hugs Pam x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I have never seen this technique but it looks great. It is so hard to get a good photo on dreary days and this looks hard to photograph.

Mac Mable said...

I so love the unique effect you've achieved on your beautiful card Kate. I haven't seen any done with this colour combination and it's gorgeous. I don't know about the bubbling but it certainly doesn't detract from your beautiful card.
Yes you do wonder how you did it all when we worked.....I put it down to youth X
Enjoy the carols X
Thank you for your cherished blog friendship in 2018 and here's to 2019 X

Darnell said...

I'm sorry you went through the wars and lost precious equipment in the making of this card, Kate, but heaven's, was it ever worth all that! It is schpectacular and looks like a photo of a magical place at Christmas! Glad your wrapping duties are over! I hope you are feeling less tired and enjoy the Season's frivolities with aplomb! If you can't find a plomb, use regular wodka! 🎄Happy Holiday Hugs, Darnell

Jennifer Johnston said...

WoW! just love the frosty effect of this card.
Never heard of the black ice technique
but will definitely have a go at that. Enjoy
your weekend Kate.
Hugs Jennifer xx.

Anet's Crafting said...

Wow Kate this is just beautiful and stunning. Love this pretty technique. Hugs Anet x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
It's a beautiful card. I must look up the technique properly. Looks very effective.
Ang x

Sue said...

A gorgeous card, Kate, I bet he did love it, it's beautiful.

Hugs
Sue