Sunday 30 September 2018

Turkeys, Camels or Sheep for the Christmas Card Club!

Hello Everyone, how are you doing today, I hope your weekend is going well.
I'm much later than I usually am with my contribution to the CCC, just couldn't get myself together to schedule the post as I usually do on Saturday for today, anyway, here I am and this time around it's our lovely Rachel who is hosting the challenge and she would like to see Turkeys. Camels or Sheep, her is what I made;
I just love this fabulous stamp from Hobbyart, just look at their expressions, so funny and I love the take on the very traditional Christmas Carol.  I've coloured it all with SN Aqua Pens and distressed ink around the edges of the card, added a little bit of glitter to the camel's head gear and job done.
I was hoping to make another card with the sheep stamp, but didn't get around to it. 

Is your weather turned cold?? I've got the gloves and the socks out now and today we've had huge downpours, definitely a steak pie dinner night, getting into the comfort food now. I've even had to put the warmer duvet on the bed as Alistair was complaining of being cold.

We had a lovely night out at a concert last night;
Over 60 musicians from over the Highlands came together to play this fabulous programme in aid of Cash for Children a charity run by Moray Firth Radio. Being in the Cathedral the acoustics were amazing and what fantastic music from such a large orchestra. There was audience participation too, where instead of cannons firing at the finish of the 18212 we were given large brown paper bags to blow up and than bang at the appropriate time, such fun, and I'd noticed a wee boy sitting making paper aeroplanes from the programmes and wondered if he was going to let them fly at that time and that is just what he did, it was such a brilliant ending. Now I've never heard Tchaikovsky's 1812 played live before and I have to say it was absolutely marvellous, especially the percussionists, they must have been exhausted at the end of the piece.

The people who run the charity gave a bit of a talk about what the charity does and the amount of children that require help is just staggering, the numbers go into the thousands who have no hot meal during the school holidays and require new clothes to go back to school. The charity help with this sort of thing, disgraceful that in the 5th riches country that there should be such amount of child poverty, and many of the parents were working. It makes me so angry, as there is no need for it. Anyway, I'll stop my rant there, other than to say I look forward to the revolution.

Thank you all so much for you super comments on my last card, and a warm welcome to my new Followers, Mitzi and Heidi, so pleased that you pressed the Follow button and I hope you will pop in often.

That's me for now, enjoy your Sunday evening and take care,
  

  

29 comments:

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Kate, love the card. I've not got that stamp set, may need to add it to my shopping list. Hugs, Shaz X

MaryH said...

These camels are hilarious, and love their expressions and the headgear too! Distressing the edges as you did, drew the eye right into the cute scene. It's an adorable card. Enjoyed hearing about the concert, and bet hearing the Overture played live, really set the goosebumps popping out. That is an awesome symphony heard any way that you happen to hear it. Good for this charity that is giving these kids so much help. You're right...it's disgraceful that in our world today, we have kids that don't get decent meals, clothing and can feel safe. TFS & Hugs. Stay cozy (it's not cold where I live!)

DIMI said...

Hello dear Kate!
Your Christmas card is very beautiful and unique!
Love the Camel stamp and how beautifully you colored it!
I’m sure you had a great time at the concert!
It’s raining for five days,and it’s getting cold here,too!
Wishing you a lovely week and a happy October!xxx
Dimi...

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Oh what a fun card love the sentiment. Sounds like a fabulous concert. Heating on here, socks have been on for a few weeks.

Marlene Atkinson said...

This is a really fun card, I love the Camels and the sentiment. We have our heating on now also and back to the winter woolies. Marlene

Rainey's Craft Room said...

What a super card and there's that fun stamp again, Rachel used this and I just love the expression too. Turning colder here too, not liking the darker evenings and damp, cold mornings.
Lorraine

Lorraine said...

A fabulous fun card KAte
Lorraine x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Ah ah such fun camels on your cool card! Really striking! Love the touch of glitter on their hats!

Jannet said...

Such a fun card Kate, glad you enjoyed the concert and super that it was for such a good cause too. Have a great week xx

Sue said...

Your card is such a hoot! Thanks for the giggle today, I needed that!!!!! Love how you colored it up and how fun it is.

Hugs
Sue

scrappymo! said...

That concert was for such a good cause. I hate to hear of poverty, especially child poverty in this day and age. Was that in the cathedral where the tour buses drop off the tourists. I had a coffee there when our bus was 45 minutes late to pick us up!

Your card is so cute and very fun! I love how the camels have the two hats...one very Eastern and one Christmassy!

aussie aNNie said...

LOVE this most brilliant and fun card Kate....looks so cute. hugs.x

dutchess said...

A great fun card Kate...it’s a great stamp and sentiment....it’s turned cold here but we have been having sunny days so I don’t mind ....gets the washing dry ....xxxxx

meg said...

Fantastic card and sentiment Kate, love the play on the words of the Christmas Carol. My younger son's girlfriend was playing at the concert, sadly he didn't tell us as he was working, great to read that you enjoyed it.

Anne said...

That's such a fun card, I love those cute stamps and it's a fab challenge theme
Sounds like a wonderful concert, and a great cause too
Anne x

Linda Simpson said...

I love the camels and sentiment on this card which is brilliant.
Hugs
Linda xxx

pam said...

Fantastic card Kate.
Pam x

Donna Ellis said...

Your singing camels are marvelous, Kate! I've never see the image before, and they are FANTASTIC! Your fonts in the sentiment are great, too! Love your fun creation, and the beautiful coloring! Wishing you an enjoyable week! hugs, de

cotnob said...

A super card Kate, I love your fun singing camels.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Mac Mable said...

Kate this is one fabulous and funny card. When I read the choices you had I wondered what you would all be coming up with...Yours is amazing. Love the image and the fun sentiment.
The concert sounded wonderful and such a fun idea with the paper bags x.
Yes the extra layer on the duvet has gone on too x.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

What a fun card, I hadn’t seen that sentiment before! Glad you enjoyed your concert!

Jennifer Johnston said...

Just love this fun Christmas card Kate, so....different lol!
Enjoy your week.
Hugs Jennifer xx.

Mrs A. said...

Those camels are such fun. Love your card. Duvet is on the bed too and the electric blanket is switched on as well. The fingerless mitts won't be far behind methinks. Hugs Mrs A.

Granmargaret said...

Lovely fun card.

Zoe Tant said...

Funny card made me smile thank you . Zoe x

rachel said...

gorgeous card Kate - love those camels too! Brilliant! Sounds like an amazing concert - one of these days - and yes - its definitely cold here! Big hugs rachel x

Anet's Crafting said...

Another beautiful Christmas card Kate. The sentiment just goes perfect with these two camels. Hugs Anet x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
What a brilliantly funny card........Love it!!!
Glad you enjoyed your concert an nice to know that it was supporting a good cause.
Ang x

Karen Dunbrook said...

cute, fun and very unique...giggle.
xx Karen