Wednesday 27 June 2018

Captivating Cacti Spotlight for BBB Challenge!

Hello Everyone....Wow what wonderful weather we are having up here in the not so frozen North. Certainly can't complain this summer!

I hope you have had a lovely weekend, and that your weather had been brilliant too.

Thank you for the lovely comments on my Christmas cards and for the help regarding my photo. Well, I managed to fix it by deleting my profile photo and redoing it, I also changed the photo, so from now on it won't be Cuillin showing up but me. I also put the photo on my Google account as someone suggested, so I'm not too sure what part of this that did the trick, but it did.

I'm here today with my card for the Back to Basics and Beyond challenge and this time it's the Spotlighting technique. You can find samples of this technique here and also on You Tube here.
I've use the Captivating Cacti stamp from Chocolate Baroque, stamped in green ink, and coloured with various colour pencils. The background is another CB stamp Square Bubbles, sentiment from the Blossom and Grow stamp set, stamped on to vellum. A bit of shimmer form SN Sparkle pens and a few pearls.

We would love you to join us and show what you can do. 

That's me for now, take care of yourselves and see you soon,


20 comments:

meg said...

Beautiful stamp and sentiment Kate, love the hot colours you used to colour the cacti.

Jannet said...

Glad you got your photo sorted out Kate.A Beautiful floral card the spotlighting technique looks interesting, Thank you for the links
I will investigate further.Very sunny weather here too, enjoy your day xx

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous card Kate, xxxx

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely card, great way to do the spotlight!

dutchess said...

This is stunning Kate...love it .....so glad you fixed the photo problem.
It’s stonking hot here again today...I am sat inside in the cool watching the tennis...bliss xxxx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is stunning, what a great card, love the cactus. Its not so sunny here but still warm, Love Hazelx

Diane said...

Beautiful card, yellow is a favorite color of mine, so very pretty!
Diane BBB DT

Lisa said...

Hi Kate!! Your card is absolutely stunning!! The colors are so gorgeous!! The flowers on the cactus look amazing!! I love it!! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and I'm so glad you did so I could find you :) I'm so happy to be your newest follower!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Mac Mable said...

So glad the idea of deleting and starting again might be part of why it worked...that's great news x I do that when all else fails and glad to be of some help x. I had noticed your new photo too and it looks great Kate x. Super card and love how you did the captivating cacti stamp, so pretty x

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Kate, pretty colours and I love this technique.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Marlene Atkinson said...

A fabulous card, gorgeous colours, I must try this Technique sometime.
The weather has been gorgeous, can't complain this year. Great to be ale to get the washing out and dried. Marlene

pam said...

Stunning card Kate, love the beautiful stamp.
Pam x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Gorgeous card, love that cactus!

aussie aNNie said...

Adorable card, love that image and gorgeous colours ...♥ aNNie

Sue said...

Hi Kate, loving this technique with your beautiful big cactus. Nice card.

Hugs
Sue

Anne said...

That's a great technique Kate... you did a lovely job of it and chose a perfect image
Anne x

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful card, love your image and gorgeous colours on the flowers

rachel said...

i just love this stamp Kate and how you've used it! Looks fab! Hugs rachel x

Anet's Crafting said...

Your card is beautiful and elegant Kate. Love how your pretty coloured flowers stand out. Anet x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
Gorgeous card and what a striking technique. Must give this on a go.
Awww, will miss Cuillin's little photo but I'm sure that yours is lovely too.
Ang x