Wednesday 20 June 2018

On a Musical Note!

Hello Everyone, are you all well today, I hope so but sending out warm thoughts to those who are not just so good.

Thank you all so much for your lovely comments on my last card. I won't be handing it over until a couple of weeks yet, but as my neighbours don't look at my blog I felt it was safe to share it here.

Now , I've found another hobby...adult colouring books, that certainly takes me back half a century lol.  I've been watching all sort of You Tube videos about it an been blown away by the talent and skill of some of these colourists and the range of books is amazing. It's also a good way to practice colouring. Anyway, I've bought a couple of books and they have been keeping me busy whilst the footballs on. Goodness know if I'll ever finish colouring in a book, but I'll give it a good go.

So, here I am with another card, this time for our friend Dougie who is retiring and also has a birthday,
 A musical theme for him, I received the EF from my lovely friend Mrs. Duck for my birthday, which I used on black card, then rubbed silver gilding was across it. The stave die is by TL and the Treble clefts are from Marianne, I think. Lots of silver mirri, hence the poor photo. The sentiment is from one of Creative Stamping magazine's stamp sets. 
Dougie is a brilliant whistle player and writes tunes, in fact he wrote one for our wedding which he then framed for us. Due to his poor physical health at the moment, he is not able to do the outdoor activities that he also loves, he used to be part of the canoeing and climbing group, but he still has his music.

Well, that's me for now, I'm off to catch up with a couple of programmes that I've missed due to the footie, so take care all and see you soon,



24 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely card and hope that you enjoy your colouring book.

Dortesjs said...

fine card, ohh to be a whistle player and be able to write tunes- brilliant

meg said...

The black and silver create a statement, wonderful card Kate

Diane said...

What a wonderful musical themed card design Kate.

Hugs Diane

Jennifer Johnston said...

Hi Kate, I think Dougie will just love this card, especially as he is a whistle player lol! The musical notes embossing folder makes a great background. Love the sentiment too. Enjoy the rest of your week and thanks for your lovely comments on my blog Kate.
Hugs Jennifer xx.

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous card Kate. I too have to suffer the footy, but there is always a bottle of vino Blanco and You tube. Xxx

Marlene Atkinson said...

A wonderful musical card. Marlene

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Love so much the effect of the gilding wax on them embossing, it gives life to the black panel!Beautiful card!

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
Glad that I sent a useful pressie rather than that chocolate teapot lol!!!
I am sure that Dougie will appreciate the thought that has gone into this smashing card.
I can only imagine what Dougie's wedding tune for you two was called lol!!!
Ang x

aussie aNNie said...

Love the card for your friend Kate, a great one for retirement.xx

Maria - Ivyleaf Crafts said...

I seem to have missed lots of your cards Kate. I'll try to catch up with them. The time just seems to be flying by. My adult children love the colouring books I've not tried them myself. But they look very therapeutic xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

What a great colour combo for this fabulous male card. The black and silver are very striking.
Lorraine

Mia said...

Your card is perfect, Kate. I am sure that your friend will love it.
Oh, it is wonderful that you love colouring books. I have plenty of them at home and I really LLLLLLLLOVE colouring!!!!!!! It keeps me busy and relax!!! Kisses, my friend.

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely musical card,
Hope you enjoy the relaxing colouring books, I am doing one that will end up as a book about flowers and their meanings, when I finally colour all the flowers in.

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
such a very lovely card fro a musical person.
Love the beautiful music notes embossing and the lovely design.
So sorry for Dougie that he is unable to participate in his out door activities.
He must miss it terrible.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

cotnob said...

A super card Kate, a fabulous embossing folder - lots of great musical details.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Jannet said...

What a wonderful and thoughtful card for your friend Dougie. The embossing folder looks brilliant with the silver gilding wax accentuating it.
Have a lovely sunny weekend, hopefully without too much football ! Xx

MaryH said...

It's a very pretty(should I say Handsome?) card. Love the effect of the silver gilding, and that's a nice folder too. Looks quite special with the extra die details you've tucked on. Congratulations to your friend on his retirement as well as his birthday. That is a perfect sentiment as well. I like the coloring on the smaller 5x7 books, as I never know what to do with those super large motifs that have lots of black in them. Hope you will share photos of your work. It's therapeutic for sure. Happy wkend, and TFS

Marianne's Craftroom said...

This is lovely, very striking. Colouring books are very popular but I must admit I would rather spend my time colouring images. Are you watching Outlander? I have last night’s to see.

Valerija said...

Super adorable card!
Valerija xx

rachel said...

This is gorgeous - great embossing folder - do love your sentiment too! I hope you will show us your colouring too! Hugs rachel x

Mac Mable said...

What a classy and thoughtful card for your friend Dougie and as you say he's still has his music x Enjoy colouring the books x

Anne said...

Love the black and silver Kate, what a striking effect for Dougie's card. I was so pleased when adult colouring became popular, I spent many many happy hours as a child colouring with my Mum and Grandma.
Enjoy your weekend
Anne x

Anet's Crafting said...

Wow your card is just beautiful Kate. Just love it. Well done. Anet x