Monday 2 November 2015

Lady's Slipper Orchid !

Good Morning Everyone, start of another week and I hope you are all well.
It's a gorgeous sunny morning here, Alistair left early to go and walk in the Cairngorms, whilst I'm having an at home day, catching up with some chores and and a bit of knitting.

Thank you all so much for the lovely comments on my CCC card, your all very kind.

Here is today's card;
I've used CB Lady's Slipper Orchid stamp and coloured with a mixture of DI and SN Aqua Pens,
WOS for shimmer.
Background stamped with CB Seasonal Fragments, and matted on to a background of watercolour wash with DI. Ribbon and gems to finish off. I did have a lovely large dazzler on the bow, but lost it somewhere between table and camera and didn't notice.
Now you might not see so much of the blue shade, but there is a little on the petals of the orchid.

I found this particular flower a tad difficult to colour, had to pull up some images of the flower, and they are quite a complicated flower to even look at, although they are stunning.

Anyway that's me for today,

I would like to enter my card into:
http://chocolatebaroquechallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/challenge-sixteen.html 

17 comments:

Marie-Louise said...

Kate this is gorgeous.

Erika said...

Hi Kate, what a lovely colour challenge, I love your orchid stamp, very pretty.
Thank you very much for your donation and the beautiful card. The boys gave me it last night! They'd put it to one side for me and not mentioned it. Boys! I'd been food shopping when the post arrived and they'd forgotten all about it.

I hope you had a lovely weekend and that you also have the great weather we have today?

Hugs Erika. x

aussie aNNie said...

A most beautiful card Kate, the colours are just gorgeous.x

meg said...

Hi Kate you did a wonderful job of colouring that flower the shading is gorgeous, love the papers and bow a lovely card.

Jacee said...

Lovely sweet and pretty card Kate, love the gentle colours
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Diane said...

Morning Kate, wow really gorgeous, love the ribbon, rhinestones and fabulous flower design.

Hugs Diane

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Kate, such a pretty image and lovely pastel colours.
Pauline
x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Very pretty card. You are lucky with the weather foggy and damp here this morning but better afternoon

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Kate, love the pretty flower and colour scheme.
Lorraine x

Mrs A. said...

You have coloured your flower beautifully. hugs Mrs A.

rachel said...

a beautiful make Kate - great use of the colours. really lovely. I hope you had a great relaxed day! Hugs rachel x

pam said...

Beautiful card Kate, love this image and soft colours you have used.
We have had a bad day today, fog never lifted here.
Pam x

Sue said...

Your card is beautiful, kate. HA, I have to get images from the computer for some flowers too, I'm afraid I didn't get my Mom's green thumb. Just lovely.

Hugs
Sue

Carol said...

A beautiful card Kate, so pretty. Carol x

judith@poppy cottage said...

Hi Kate, a beautiful card, fabulous colouring. Thanks so much for your entry into the Chocolate Baroque challenge, Judith xx

Peanut said...

Oh kate this is the loveliest cardI'be seen today. Your used the colours beautifully.... so soft and delicate. Well done, friend!
hugs Asha

annewaller said...

Lovely card - beautifully coloured. Love the pretty background too. Thank you for entering the Chocolate Baroque Challenge x.