Monday 16 November 2015

Tea Light Candle Card!

Hello Everyone, hope you are well and not getting drenched and blown away, weather here is just pants.
I have to go out later as it's my Choral rehearsal and the last one before our concert on Saturday, I can hardly believe it's suddenly here. I think that this time around there are very few of us feeling confident about one of the pieces, Missa Criolla, which is sung in South American Latin and I for one can't get my tongue around the words, and the music score is so difficult to read I loose the plot at times. To make matters worse not everyone has the same music book, there are two editions and both folk on either side of me has a different one to mine.
My buddy Fiona, all but collapsed in laughter last week when we both lost the place, flicking back and forwards to find the right bit, but of course everyone else signing on and leaving us behind, but then cam a bit of La La' ing that we could join back in, so we gave that laldy, only to realise afterwards that it wasn't so much of a La La, but a Lar La Lar..... we had left our rs out.  Mind you I've always had trouble with my rs....lol. Of course by this time we are almost helpless, which infected those close by and I'm afraid that we got stern looks from Gordon our conductor, that made us worse. Note to self, DO NOT LOOK AT FIONA!!, when plot is lost.
I'm sure it will be all right on the night.

Now just to say thank you so much for all the lovely comments on my last card, and to give a warm welcome to Amanda for hitting my Follow button, think she is getting the hang of it now.

Here is my latest efforts;
I wanted to have a go at one of these cards for ages, so found a tutorial on Christine Griffiths blog, obviously it's not perfect, you know me and measuring, but it's not too bad I made a box as it wouldn't go into an envelope,
And this is the inside, sorry a bit blurred.
Papermania Paper, Centura Gold Card, XCut nesting dies, Di'sire sentiment die, WO Poinsettia,
SB and CC Poinsettias dies, XCut sentiment on box, a bit of ribbon for the bow Oh yes.. Aldi for the tea lights, Apple and Cinnamon.

Have a lovely evening and be round to see you soon,



22 comments:

Barb said...

Your card looks lovely Kate. So sorry but I did laugh when I was reading about your choir practise. Good luck for tonight. Barbxx

Patricia said...

Oh! Kate, I can just picture you and Fiona ... at least you caught up at the La! La! La! bit!!
I just LOVE your makes, must have a look at that Tutorial.
You have made a wonderful job with design and decoration.
Good luck for this evening.
Hugs
Patricia xxx

MaryH said...

What a fun post, with a bit of lovely to enjoy as well. Good luck with your choral effort...I'm sure you'll settle down and do just fine come the night. Hope you take pics of your new outfit too. Just signed on as a follower at Amanda's blog, (saw the link at Barb's)...so hoping to make a new friend myself! Yay for you at following Christine's directions. She makes such wonderful cards, and I think you've done a splendid effort. I'm happy you were able to make a nice little box for your pretty card. I'm quite rubbish with boxes. Not great with custom sized envies either...even WITH all the gadgets to make 'em. Have a good day. Hope the weather is a bit more pleasant for you there. It's quite lovely here today. TFS & Hugs

Marlene Atkinson said...

Your card looks gorgeous Kate, I must have a try sometime. Marlene

meg said...

Beautiful card/ tealight card Kate love the paper and poinsettia layer

cotnob said...

This is gorgeous Kate, such a fabulous gift.
I hope the rehearsal went well.
Pauline
x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

That made me smile thinking of you all singing and losing the plot, sounds very confusing having different books. Great make too x

rachel said...

this is wonderful - love it Kate - love your story too - brilliant!!! Hugs rachel x

pam said...

Well you gave a a good laugh Kate, can just picture the two of you in fits of giggles!
Beautiful card design, love the papers and flowers.
Hugs Pam x

Carol said...

Love your candle card Kate, a gorgeous gift. Hope tonight's rehearsal went better. Carol x

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliantly stunning, gorgeous colours chosen too along with a great design.
x
 { aNNie}

Zoe Tant said...

What a lovely gift for someone Kate. Beautiful card with some sparkly candles super idea. Zx

Flo Langley said...

I love reading your posts Kate. You always seem to have so much fun. As I was reading I had visions of you in fits of giggles. Beautiful card.
You take care and try and stay out of mischief!! lol!
Hugs Flo xx

Unknown said...

Like this idea, it's a great gift/card, of course, you now need to make another box to post it in....although with the way the PO charges, you better hand deliver them.
And there's nothing wrong with your "r's", just don't giggle at choir practice!
Janice

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
what brilliant card and box.
This is so handy as a present.
Love your fab papers used, and the wonderful poinsettia too.
Blooming windy and wet here today too.
Right I am going to Christina's blog to have look how this is made as I wanted to buy candles for present for somebody, and this would be an excellent way to package them.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Diane said...

Your card design is just lovely Kate.

Hugs diane

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Kate,
Hope your rehearsal went well
Lorraine x

Peanut said...

Hope you the rehearsal went well, Kate. This is a fab project and perfect for the gift giving season. I just wish I had time to make them and cross a few of people off my list! :)
hugs Asha

Erika said...

It sounds as if you had fun at your choral practise, I'd be the one in fits of giggles too, hiding at the back!
I love your tea light card card and matching box. What a lovely gift for Christmas. You can't go wrong in my eyes with a poinsettia.

Hugs Erika. x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
Oh how you made me laugh.....one never wants trouble with ones R s lol!
Beautiful project Kate. What a wonderful gift this will make.
I'm sure that you'll "La la" beautifully on the night lol!
Ang x

Sue said...

Fabulous project. What a nice gift this would make too. On the stampendous public blog on FB a fellow made tea light flowers for the table, so pretty to dress up a holiday table. Hope your concert went off well, I imagine you all sounded wonderful.

Hugs
Sue

Anet's Crafting said...

Kate this is just beautiful, love the pretty candles glittered candles and that poinsettia on the front is so beautiful. Hugs Anet x