Tuesday 3 November 2015

70th for Rachel!

Good Evening to You All and I hope you are well.
Another gorgeous day here in Inverness, we are most certainly having a much better Autumn than we did Summer.

I didn't expect to be posting anything today, but my friend Dale got in touch last night with a  request for a 70th birthday card for her sister and needs it by Friday, no pressure there then I thought, but a challenge is a challenge, so I'm showing it here so that Dale can see it.  I spend most of the day making it and a box so that I could get it off in the post, so she will get it in plenty of time.
I had a trawl through Pinterest for some inspiration, and found two cards which I combined, here is the outcome;
I've used a Honey Doo stamp which I bought a wee while ago and never inked up, I found a card on Honey Doo Gallery using this image, and the rocker card is made with SB Dies and this shape was the other card I drew inspiration for, but there was no name, only saying it was pinned from Docrafts.
So thanks to the talented crafters for their inspiration.
Coloured with SN Pens and Wink of Stella, Centura Pearl card to make the card base, Tattered Lace birthday die and a peel off Sister, finished off with a few gems.
The box is made from Centura Card and I've added a big bow.
I have to say that the box almost took as long as the card to make, I am just pants at the measuring, so if anybody has a guide of how to measure I would be so grateful for their help. I have a CC box making board, but it's how much to add in order to make the depth, maybe I'm just a bit dense about these things as I could never do arithmetic.
My photography doesn't do the colours justice, but I'm pleased with it ans hope that Dale will be and Rachel who is the birthday girl.

Thank you all so much for your comments on my last card, very kind as usual.

See you soon,


16 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Gorgeous colours. I don't like making boxes but my CC board has one end for the top and one for the lid, mine never came out right until I tried it in reverse and it worked!

Jacee said...

Wonderfully pretty Kate
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Lorraine said...

A very pretty card Kate. Love the colours and design
Lorraine x

rachel said...

sooo very beautiful - i love this to bits Kate - gorgeous colours and i'm sure it will be adored!! Hugs rachel x

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
what a brilliant card.
Super stamped image and wonderful colouring too.
Love the rocker design, and what a great box to finish it off.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

pam said...

Gorgeous birthday card Kate, beautiful image and colouring, love you card shape.

I use the CC box maker.. just remember to do one at the top and reverse for bottom. I usually add 1/2" for the depth.

If your CARD measures width..8"..you would add TWO 1/2"= 1"...for the depth.
length 9".. add TWO 1/2"= 1"...for the length.

you would need a piece card size 9" x 10".
Score all four sides @ 1/2" you then have a box to fit 8" x 9" card..

Hope you understand Kate..
Hugs Pam x


meg said...

Great card Kate, love the stamp and the colours you used The lacy edges are beautiful and make the card really feminine

Anet's Crafting said...

Hallo Kate, wow this is just beautiful. Dale's sister is going to love her beautiful Birthday card. Well done. Anet x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

You have done a fabulous job with this card and beautiful box Kate, sometimes a deadline focuses the creativity and we manage to pull it out of the bag on time - that's what happens to me anyway :)
Love that stamp and those large patterned circle dies, they are something I don't have so I might have to remedy that.
Lorraine

aussie aNNie said...

BEAUTIFUL Kate, this is just a real classy work of art.xx

Hazel said...

Kate, anther beautiful card,, Dales sister will love it. Love your other cards you have had up over the past few days, I was away over the weekend and since coming home Sunday I have been in my bed ill with a real nasty cold. Have slept the days away. Xxx

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Kate, lovely details and gorgeous colours, like some of the others above I use a CC box maker.
Pauline
x

Erika said...

A beautiful card Kate. A lovely colour combo. A perfect card for a wine lover.

Hugs Erika. x

Carol said...

This is so pretty Kate, love the shape. Carol x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
Terrific card. I'm sure that Dales sister will love it. Lovely shape to it.
Have a great weekend.
Ang x

Sue said...

Gorgeous card, love the colors, I know she must have been thrilled with it.

Hugs
Sue