Sunday 27 January 2013

Extra! Extra! New Job!

Good Morning Everyone, I hope your having a great Sunday doing what you most like to do.

Thank you to everyone who left comments on my last post, I love reading them and finding out where they will take me, sometimes it's to new crafting shops, other times it's to new crafty people, it's always an adventure.

We have a really lovely day here, bright and clear.  Don't know about the temp as I've not yet ventured outdoors, but I'm off to work soon so I'll find out then.   Some of you are having awful weather, but surely it must clear up soon, although there is now a new fear of flooding.  Our weather is all so changed now.

Patricia, Summerhouse Crafts, posted a lovely photo of the snowy scene at her home, it looks gorgeous, but not for days on end and keeping you house bound.

Anyhow just a quick post today, Ive been busy getting this little card finished, but It took me ages to come up with an idea for it.  I try to make cards reflecting a bit about the person it's going to, and I found this one difficult. The friend who has landed this new job, didn't seem to fit into any sort of category, well at least the new position didn't.  She will be the new head of the social work dept at a university, so I felt a teaching image wasn't quite right as she will do much less teaching and what would you put for a s.w.!

I really liked this image when I discovered it at Mo Mannings shop;

Memory card not reading on computer yet again,so this is on my phone.

Mo Manning image coloured with Promarkers and matterd on to co-ordinations, Papermania paper, Tim Holtz Alterations Alphabet dies, candy and gems from my box.
I'm not sure what made me use grey and green for my colour scheme, who knows why we do things, but there you go.

Off to get some lunch before I hit the trail, I made some lovely Scotch Broth this morning,

Have a good day,  Kate x

9 comments:

Hazel said...


Kate. What a great card for your friend I just love how you have done the announcement and the fact it is just that bit different. Our snow is going thank goodness and we didn't have as much as Patricia. Reading about your soup has put me in the mind to get a pot on. Hope work is not to stressfull. Hazel

Wendy Fraser said...

brilliant card, I just love that fun image. xx

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Love this card Kate that image is super
jacqui x

Marie-Louise said...

Absolutely marvellous. The image is just perfect.

Patricia said...

Good afternoon Kate,
What a fantastic card, just perfect for the occasion. So different from anything else your friend will receive.
That's what we as crafter's like when we make cards for someone particular.
Beautiful day here and the snow is staring to go thank goodness.

Patricia xx

Sue said...

oh wow Kate I love this card!!!! hugs hun xxxx its totally lovely xxx

Unknown said...

Stunning card Kate, so much thought going into it, bet your friend will love it. Don't work too hard.

Wilma x x

pam said...

brilliant card Kate, what a fab image and a great design..pam

Erika said...

Great card Kate and such a good image for a new job. Love the play on words.
Hugs Erika.