Sunday 29 October 2023

Rufus and the Red Berries for the CCC!

 Hello Friends and Visitors, I hope all's well with you and you are enjoying your weekend, especially having that extra hour.

I've been a tad busy since I was last here as Alistair was taken into hospital last week suffering pain in his abdomen, turned out it was a hernia, but it could have been his appendix as was thought at the time. I had a scaring drive to the surgery with him and he was blue lighted from there. So no vacuuming for him or lifting anything heavy for a few weeks, so I'm exhausted with doing his share of the chores  as well as my own. Anyway, he's on the mend, and he had excellent treatment in Raigmore hospital, even although they were on red alert.

so, this is the first time I've been near my computer for ages.

Anyhoo, it's time once again for the Christmas Card Club to show their latest cards, and this time the theme is something beginning with R, I've taken a bit of artistic licence with my card,


This is Rufus looking up at the Red Berries, so two lots of Rs, cheating a bit I know. 

Rufus and the berries are from Lavinia Stamps, and the little branches are from Card-io. Sentiment from Chocolate Baroque. Fluffy Puff stuff for the snow, glitter and white Posca pen. I used Glossy Accents on the berries. 

Thank you for the lovely comments on my last card. Hoping to get around to visiting some of your blogs to see what you've been up to. 

Cheerio for now, take care,



17 comments:

Birgit said...

The red fox looking at the red berries is all with the letter R and you created a great scene. I love Lavinia Stamps and need more…lol. I love this

Gibmiss said...

Fabulous card card …you can’t go wrong with Lavinia …
Hugs Sylvie xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Sorry for your hubby hernia, but so glad he have had a good treatment at the hospital and he is on the mend.
Beautiful card with Lavinia stamps, love the falling snow and the glossy berries!
Hugs

meg said...

A beautiful peaceful wintry scene Kate,hope Alistair is on the mend

Rainey's Craft Room said...

So sorry to hear about Alistair but glad to read that he is on the mend. such a worrying time for you but try and make sure that you are okay too.
A fabulous wintry scene on your card, love Rufus and the red berries, you have some lovely Lavinia stamps in your stash.
Lorraine

aussie aNNie said...

Kate this is stunning loving the Lavinia stamps used xx

Sue said...

Oh my, sorry to hear that you had a medical emergency with your husband. but very glad to hear that he is on the mend and will be back to helping out soon. Your card is wonderful, love the scene you created Kate.

Hugs
Sue

brenda said...

Sorry to read about Alistair but sounds like he got swift treatment, not always the case these days. A lovely Christmas card Kate.

Bx

dutchess said...

So glad Alistair is diagnosed getting better Richard had the same thing a couple of years ago….
Love the card and it’s not cheating at all …begins with R….take care both of you xxx

gwen70 said...

Such a beautiful card Kate, sorry hubby has been ill hope he gets better quickly xx

Marlene Atkinson said...

Love the cute Fox a beautiful card Kate. So sorry to read about your Husband, hopefully it won't be long until he is on the mend. Marlene

dutchess said...

Hi Kate thanks for telling me about not being able to find my blog I hope I have fixed it…xxxx

Jules said...

Hi Kate

Oh dear, it sounds like you and Alistair have been having a rough time of it .. .. I hope that your husband is improving now and things have settled down a bit for you both.
Loving your Christmas card. You have created a really lovely scene with those beautiful stamps.
Many thanks for your lovely message on my blog, very much appreciated. Sorry to hear about your friend. I hope she continues to do well.
In the meantime you take care of yourself and don't try to do "all" of the chores. Just do what you can manage and leave the rest for later. Housework is "always" there .. .. sadly!

Love Jules xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a frightening drive for you Kate, I'm so glad it turned out that he didn't have to have an operation. Hubby had similar years ago, so I know how you must feel. Your card is a delight, love the R's :) and the sparkle. Take care.
Faith x

Wendy L said...

It's a lovely card Kate. What a worry for you with Alistair, I,m sure you're looking after him, xx

Sue said...

Hope Alistair is on the mend Kate ..I know what it's like to do ALL the chores it is exhausting ..Fabulous card hugs Sue x

Pat said...

A beautiful card with that cute fox and love the berries and the added foliage, and love the snowy background Kate. So sorry to hear about Alistair's hernia and glad that he is on the mend now. My hubby had a sudden hernia problem a year ago, and as I don't drive anymore our next door neighbour kindly drove us to the hospital as there weren't any ambulances, but he got good treatment once there and had the op. the same day. Apparently he had a 'spigelian' which is extremely rare..."trust you" I told him...lol. All good now though. x