Thursday 30 September 2021

With Sympathy!

Hello Everyone, I hope all is well with you and that your week is good so far. Autumn has certainly settled in up here, really chilly in the mornings and  evenings,and more cardigans getting worn, I'll be looking out the gloves soon.

I have one of those cards we all hate to make, and I never thought I would be making this one.

My cousin got in contact the other day to say that her Son had died the week before, and  at this time it wasn't known what had caused his death. He was a good bit younger than Damian, I think perhaps late 30s or early 40s. I was so shocked. I'd only ever met Steven a few times, and tended to me up with my cousin at weddings and funerals, keeping in touch with Christmas cards sort of thing. I can't even imagine what she and her family are going through just now. Just how does a parent cope with the loss of their child. Anyway, here's the card I made for her;


I've had the decoupaged flowers for ages, backed it with some  pearlised paper and then added paper from Crafty Individuals and a sentiment from Clearly Besotted. Finishing off with a few pearls.  

I'll finish off here with a thank you for the lovely comments on my Christmas cards, keep safe and see you soon,



23 comments:

Sue said...

So sorry to hear your sad news Kate it's really awful and at such a young age too...your card is beautiful hugs Sue xx

Crafting Queen said...

So sorry for your loss. It's a lovely card. Anesha

Jannet said...

Very sorry to hear your awful news. Sending heartfelt sympathy and hugs xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Kate this is a gorgeous card. I love it. I am so sorry about your news. Take care. Hugs Jackie

meg said...

A beautiful card for a sad occasion Kate,your cousin and her family must be devastated

Mac Mable said...

What shocking and very sad news. My heart goes out to you and the family Kate x. Such a beautiful and perfect card x.

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning design and love the gorgeous papers, The stamp is so pretty as well Kate. xx

Valerija said...

Very sorry to hear your sad news. Stunning card and love the colours.
Valerija xx

brenda said...

SO sorry to read this Kate and they are such difficult cars to make but I think this one is very suitable.

B x

cotnob said...

I'm sorry to hear your sad news Kate, how devastating for his family.
Your card is beautiful, lovely colours.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! I am so sorry for your cousin, what an awful time the family must be having, with the shock of your nephew's passing. So much worse not knowing how or why he died.
Your card will help Kate and I'm sure she will appreciate your work on this beautiful card.
Faith x

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Oh Kate, it's not long since you were making this kind of card, I am sorry. This is a lovely card and I am sure the card and your thoughts will bring comfort to your cousin. x

Riya said...

कंप्यूटर क्या है?

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

So sorry to hear this sad news. It seems that it's happening to a lot of people around the world, since the causes are clear. However your card is so sweet and appropriate. Lovely decoupaged flowers.

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely card, I too hate these cards to make, but I think you did a great job.

Zoe Tant said...

Sorry to hear about your news. We lost a friend only 58 this week, too young. I like your card and thank you for the inspiration. Hugs Zx

Sally H said...

So very sorry to hear your news, Kate. A truly beautiful card for this sad occasion xxx

JD/ Jill said...

So sorry to hear about your sad news. Those cards are the once I don't like to make either. I like your card and the decoupage that you did on the card!

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your family loss Kate and I send you my love. It's always a sad occasion but somehow it's even worse when it's a young person. Your card is lovely and I'm sure that it will be very much appreciated by your cousin. Take care my friend and wrap up warm. Like you say, it's definitely getting chilly and autumn is most definitely upon us x

Mrs A. said...

What a complete shock for the family. Your card is perfect. The colours just right. Hugs Mrs A.

Pat said...

So sad, and such a shock for your cousin and the family Kate but a really beautiful card with all the decoupaged flowers over that very pretty paper and perfect for this sad occasion. x

Sue said...

It's a beautiful card, Kate. Often so hard to make. My parents lost a child and my Mom never got over it, although she carried on and didn't talk about her much, the sadness was always there. God Bless your cousin and her family.

Hugs
Sue

Karen Dunbrook said...

love it!!
xx Karen