Thursday 21 January 2021

Whale Hello for Your Birthday!

 Hello Everyone, how are you all doing? still coping with life as it is at the moment.

Doesn't the world feel a safer place since yesterday? I certainly think so and I sincerely hope the President Biden manages to do all that needs doing in his country, and seems to have made a good start by reversing some of the policies made by his predecessor. Now if he could just use his influence to help our monstrous PM and his cronies to learn the meaning of truth, integrity, empathy, look after their citizens and forget their greed.......I can only hope.

So, I've got a card today made for my Son's birthday on Sunday, I can hardly believe that he will be 50, where did all that time go. He never looks at my blog so it's safe to show you his card;


 I thought this fabulous whale image from Pink Ink designs would be a good one for him and I've coloured it in with Black Widow pencils, and some white gel pen, adding a little Star Dust Stickles for a bit of sparkle.

I've attempted to make a watery background with Caran d'Ache Neocolours 11 and a background paper from a fabulous 12x12 paper pad called Fresh Feelings I bought the other year from The Works costing only £3. It has wonderful designs and colours and really quite thick papers. Unfortunately, this isn't the best of photos as the colours are more vibrant in real time.

We were all going to be celebrating his birthday with a lovely meal out, but of course that's knocked on the head for now, but I'm sure we will manage at sometime in the future.

I had my diabetic review today, first one since a year ago, I expect my HB A1C will be higher than normal as it's been difficult to control, over the year, but who knows.

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments on my last cards, always appreciated.

That's me for now, off to do a bit of ironing and then some colouring, you all take care of yourselves and see you soon,



26 comments:

Marlene Atkinson said...

This is a beautiful fun card, it made me smile. Love it. You are so right the world is a safer place now that he has gone. I don't think we will be seeing him again soon. Marlene

Jackie T said...

Hi Kate this is a stunning card you have made for your son. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Marianne's Craftroom said...

What a fun card, he will love it

Flo Langley said...

Wonderful card Kate. Your son will love it. i hope you get good results from your review. Happy Ironing. Hugs Flo xx

meg said...

A beautiful image and card Kate,hope he has a great day and that it won't be too long before you can all celebrate

Christine Harrop said...

What a fabulous card Kate. I love the whale image and you have made fabulous job of the background sea. Unfortunately Covid has put paid to so many celebrations. Once you are allowed you will have to celebrate belatedly. I'm still planning to celebrate Christmas eventually when my nephew and family are able to come down here. Maybe Christmas in July but it will still happen! Take care. Hugs Christine xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is a super make for your Son, I hope he has a super birthday!! Hope the bloods were not too bad. Its a much happier day here too, just a wee sigh of relief when he left6 the white house!!! So Glad Nicolas said hes no getting here!!! Hope you dont have any snow, cold and windy here bit nothing white, Stay Safe, Hazelxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

LOVE this card Kate, great design and sentiments, love the addition of the "Son" too, he's going to love it. Yes! a shame so many celebrations have had to take a back seat. I hope your bloods are OK, mine were up a little when checked recently, I put it down to Christmas hahaha.
Keep safe
Faith x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Such fabulous cad for your son! Love that stamp and your coloured it so well!
Hugs

Jennifer Johnston said...

Hi Kate, I absolutely love that whale image, it's fabulous and
you have coloured it beautifully. Love the background paper too. Such a fun card, fresh and light. Hope your blood results are ok.
Take care Hugs Jennifer xx.

aussie aNNie said...

BEAUTIFUL just love this Kate. xx

brenda said...

This is just lovely Kate.

B x

Pat said...

This is a wonderful card for your son Kate and who wouldn't love that fun whale and calf, and I love the soft colours coordinating beautifully with the background paper. I hope you get to have a meal together in the not too distant future, and hope your blood test results are OK. x

Jules said...

Hi Kate

A great card for your Son .. .. I am sure he will love it!

We had lots of good things happen last year that it would have been nice to celebrate as a family .. .. once allowed we are going to make sure we celebrate each and every one. Hope we don't have to wait too long!

Hope your review went well and your test results were good.

Love Jules xx

Valerija said...

Wow, this is so amazing. Love the image.
Valerija xx

Dortesjs said...

this is so sweet love whales, very lovely card

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

I was happy to see the changes you mentioned on Wednesday. This is a great card Kate x

Wendy L said...

Looks great Kate, always harder making man cards, you have nailed it, xxx

wannabcre8tive said...

Your card is so pretty. Love the whale. I am sure your son loved it. Hope he had a great birthday.

Sally H said...

A wonderful card for your son! Love everything about it! Superb colouring! Yes, the world does indeed feel a little safer. Lets hope it is the beginning of a trend x

Diane said...

Wow what a fabulous whale image and love the card design. I am sure your son will treasure this design. I am just hoping President Biden can speed up vaccine roll out for everyone.

Hugs Diane

Zoe Tant said...

What a cheery card Kate. It's fab. Zoe x

MiamiKel said...

OH Kate, this is marvelous! What beautiful coloring! I love the soft look of this and of course the fun play on words! I imagine you had a lot of fun coloring this one :) Big hugs! xx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A fab card Kate and I'm sure that your Son will love it. I don't own many Pink Ink stamps but this is a real, fun image. Take care of yourself and I hope that your ironing was over and done with very quickly x

Sue said...

The whale is wonderful, and I am sure that he is going to love this wonderful card.

We have been thrilled with not having to see DJT on the television everyday several times a day....Been pleasantly quiet and proud of our new president for getting right to work in correcting some wrongs and looking forward!
The Vaccine distribution is a mess, the states were so unprepared to organize and handle such a large task. Hopefully as more and more folks get vaccinated it will get better.

Happy Birthday to your son. Our daughter turned 50 last year and it was hard to believe. The years pass quickly..........

Hugs
Sue

JD/ Jill said...

Great masculine card!