Sunday 3 January 2021

Using Kraft Card on Your Design for CCC!

 Hello and Happy New Year to Everyone, I do hope everyone had a great Festive Season, however you celebrated it. It was a strange one without a doubt, and perhaps you were like me where I felt I had to go that bit extra to make it special. Alistair kept saying it didn't feel like Christmas, but couldn't say why when asked.

We met up with Damian and Moreen and the dogs Milo and Rowan at our university campus for a walk, we fed the swans, ducks and of course the seagulls, just because they were there. I took a bottle of Prosecco and some disposable flute glasses and Moreen and I tucked in as we walked. Damian had is coffee and Alistair Ginger Beer. It was just so different, don't know what the other walkers though of us as I carried the bottle in one hand and a glass in the other lol.  The dogs had a grand time running around too. Anyhoo, it's all over and done with now and it's to be hoped that next Christmas will be back to being with loved ones and hugging.

So, here we are with the first challenge of the Christmas Card Club and it's my choice of using Kraft card somewhere on your design, or Anything Goes if you can't manage that. Here are what I've come up with;


 In this one I've heat embossed this Inkylicious stamp with Wow white powder on to kraft card, and stamped some branches around the edges. Green and gold card as mats and mounted on to a kraft base card which has been further stamped too. Finishing up with a few sequins.


This card used a beautiful large poinsettia stamp from Chocolate Baroque and gold Wow EP. matted onto gold card and kraft card for the base. Poinsettia die from Sue Wilson, Sentiments for both cards by Tonic, ribbon and gold gems.

Hope you like them. I've made a bit of a New Year resolution....no not to loose weight, though heaven knows I need to, but to use older Christmas stash for this year's cards. I don't think I've used any CB or Card-io last year, Inkylicious too is another make with I've neglected, so this year I plan to change that.

Thank you for all the lovely comments on my last card, I do appreciate every comment you leave. I have had a wee break from card making and blogging/ commenting , but I'm back now. One forgets how much time it all takes, so it's good I feel to have a break at times, quite freeing really.

I'm scheduling this post for when the CCC goes live.

That's me for now, keep safe and see you soon,



32 comments:

meg said...

Two beautiful cards Kate,the tree looks so beautiful against the kraft card and the poinsettia stamp is stunning

Lorraine said...

Two fabulous cards to start off this years collection. Love the embossing.
I think I should take a leaf out of your book and use my old Christmas stash too...I have so much of it!
Lorraine x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Happy New Year. You are off to a great start for Christmas. Sounds like a lovely walk. We are not even allowed to see people outside though our friends were on a walk a few days ago so rang to say they were on the pavement outside so we stood at the door and a chat. Staying home, staying safe. Take care

Rita said...

Happy New Year Kate. Well I think your cards are fabulous and now I have put my Kraft card on a shelf where Inwill use it more. Like most things, out of sight , out of mind. I really enjoyed your challenge such a great choice for the first theme of the year. Have a Good Day. Hugs Rita xxxx

Dortesjs said...

Hello and Happy New Year to you to, love your cards you are always so creative. Ihave never used embossing, even though i have tried its not for me but i has always thought it looks amazing when other use that powder ;O))))

Crafting Queen said...

Two lovely cards. Happy New Year. Anesha x

Marlene Atkinson said...

Happy New Year to you and Alistair, we found it strange too, not having family over Christmas. Matthew is stuck in Aberdeen, we had a zoom meeting with him last night, he wasn't feeling to good, it wasn't Matthew, by the time we finished he was feeling a lot happier, we are going to do it again on Tuesday. Your cards are beautiful.I hope this year will be better than last year and able to see friends and relatives. Marlene

Margarets designer cards said...

Two beautiful cards,

I wish you and your fam ily a very happy healthy safe new year, I am just glad that 2020 has gone even though we are in a virtual lockdown still.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

I love the kraft and white combo, always gives a lovely effect I feel but your gold embossing on the red against the kraft looks amazing. So glad you had a lovely Christmas and wish you both a Happy & Healthy New Year.
Lorraine

Valerija said...

Two amazing cards. Love the colour comobo on the first one.
Valerija xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Kate these cards are gorgeous. Happy New Year to you. Take care. Hugs Jackie

dutchess said...

Lovely cards Kate...always think that white embossing was made for Kraft card it’s stunning....
We were on our own for Christmas but the wonders of technology meant we were able to say hello to everyone...let’s hope this vaccine gets to us soon!...take care xxx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Happy New Year, Kate! Glad you spent good time with your friends and doggies. Here in Italy we are in total lockdown: no one out, only for necessities.
Two beautiful cards, the kraft one with the white embossing looks so pretty and just LOVE the gorgeous red and gold that you created with the CB stamp! It's really stunning!
Hugs!

gwen70 said...

2 wonderful cards. Adore the white tree on the Kraft card. Happy New year xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I Love your gorgeous cards Kate, The branches on your first one make it so 3D and your tree in white is beautiful. Your golden card is Gold. So very beautiful.
Glad you had a good a good bubbly walk :) Christmas was different, but so relaxing, we found with no pressure.
Keep safe
Faith x

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous cards Kate, loving the designs.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Gibmiss said...

Fabulous cards Kate ....
Hope you had a happy Christmas ...and all the best for the new year ...
Hugs Sylvie xx

Mrs A. said...

Must admit your choice threw me as I was expecting to be making cards with deers on! I hadn't realsied you had replaced Linda's choice. I had to have a quick rummage through and onceIi had altered the the two deer cards i got into the swing of it and ended up making 6 cards. Kraft cards is not one of my go to items so thankyoy for making me stretch my boudaries. Hope you have a safe and healthy 2021 and rol on the vaccine. Hugs Mrs A.

Anet's Crafting said...

Hallo Kate, Happy New Year! Your Christmas cards are just beautiful. Hugs Anet

MiamiKel said...

Oh these two beauties are so lovely, kate! I Love the look of kraft, especially on holiday cards and both of yours are so lovely! I'm glad you had a wonderful holiday and here's to a healthier happier 2021! xx

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Well Id' say you have rocked the kraft. These are both lovely, but I especially like the second one, very elegant. Wishing you a healthy and safe 2021 x

cotnob said...

Two super cards Kate, I love the gorgeous Poinsettia stamp - the red looks super on the Kraft and the little bit of gold really makes it very elegant.
Wishing you and Alistair a very Happy New Year.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Happy 2021. These cards are super, what great makes, I love kraft card on festive makes. Sounds like you had a great new year with the drinks while you walk!!! Stay Safe now we are back to lockdown!! Its gonna be a very long January here!! Poor Tom is needing back to school already!!! Hes off to binge watch Still Game from the start!! Hazel xx

rachel said...

Great cards Kate and a great theme too! Really lovely. Happy New Year to you! Hugs rachel xx

aussie aNNie said...

Adorable cards and gorgeous image used, as always great colours.
xoxo

Maria said...

Nossa Mãe Santíssima, interceda por nós para que fiquemos em paz, sem a perturbação de pessoas que não nos querem bem.

Diane said...

Greetings Kate, two wonderful colors and card designs.

Hugs diane

Karen Dunbrook said...

so pretty and elegant looking.
Happy New Year mf and a big thanks for all the encouragement and wonderful comments you have left for me all year long. So very appreciated.
May this New Year bring you many blessings and happy times.
xx Karen

Pat said...

Two beautiful cards using kraft and love the white embossed tree on the first Kate and love the tree branches stamped in the background and around the tree, and then the bright gold on red card for the second using that pretty poinsettia and complemented with the die cut poinsettia, ribbon and sentiment tag with a couple of sweet little gems. Glad you did at least see the family and had a bit of walk and a nice drink along the way. I think we all hope for a more normal celebration next year. x

Sue said...

The white tree and the red poinsettia looks fabulous on the kraft paper. The gold on the red looks awesome too. Pretty cards, Kate. Your Christmas walk sounds lovely, at least you were able to be with those you love.

Hug
Sue

JD/ Jill said...

Two beautiful Christmas cards! I especially that white embossed Christmas tree!

Sally H said...

Two wonderful cards! That tree is just stunning!