Thursday 10 September 2020

Cosy Polar Bear!

 Hello Everyone, how'r you all doing? I hope you are well and still keeping safe. 

Unfortunately the virus is spreading again in Scotland, however, thankfully there haven't been many deaths. It really is quite a worry especially as we are heading into the Winter illness period.

The gym I go to has reopened....much too soon in my opinion, but the aqua classes are not yet up and running, maybe for another few weeks, they were the only activity I used the gym for. I have however decided not to go back for a time yet. I can't see how they will manage the changing room. They will have to reduce the size of the class when they do start again, quite right too, but it could mean that unless you are lucky to book in time you could end up paying a subscription for a service you aren't getting,  I hate throwing money away like that, anyway well see how it pans out.

Thank you for the lovely comments on my last post, I do appreciate all of them and the time it takes to visit my blog.  I have another page completed;


I love this Polar Bear with his cosy scarf, and I've coloured it all in Black Widow Pencils and gel pens in various shades of blue and white. The background is DI and Sparkle Medium, I use a MFT Snow Flurry stencil. Imagination Crafts seem to have disappeared now, I loved their different colours of Sparkle Medium, there was a gorgeous shimmery paint too, it's name escapes me just now. I've had to throw quite a few jars out as it's gone hard.

Anyhoo, this is the colouring book this page is from;


There are so many beautiful illustrations to choose from.

That's me for now, I hope your day is going well, it's been a bit cold here, and dull, though thankfully not raining. Take care of yourselves,





18 comments:

Flo Langley said...

Hi Kate, Wonderful card. Love polar bears. The colours are beautiful. Sending hugs to you both, Flo xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is super, what a great page, love the shades of blue you have gone for. My Aunt has started back at her gym. She doesn't use the changing rooms and just goes back home in her kit so shes not mixing too much. Its such a worry especially with the numbers rising, Stay Safe, Hazelx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

We have already reached the Winter illness! both hubby and me with flu already! Such a worry when not feeling well to think what it might be and will everything be OK. Anyhow, I think you're wise to keep safe. I Love your colouring such a pretty and wonderful image. Looks like you will be kept busy with the book.
Faith x

Jannet said...

I love your polar bear page so cute and beautifully coloured. Sadly there just seems no end to the covid problem. Take care, and please stay safe xx

Zoe Tant said...

Keep safe Kate . It seems to be on the rise everywhere again. We all need to just be sensible. I love your colouring on a lovely scene. Hugs Zoe x

brenda said...

It is a worry Kate as we look be going in a backwards direct again. All we can do is our best to stay safe and follow the rules. Your colouring page is another beauty with the frosty feel.

B x

meg said...

Beautiful icy blue colouring on this fabulous image,not rushing anywhere,very occasional visit to see our sons is as far as we go

aussie aNNie said...

Oh how cute is that polar bear, love your colouring of it.....your colouring page, wow, a real goodie here Kate. Take care. xx

Cristina said...

Hola Kate! Esta ilustración es preciosa, y la coloreaste con mucho gusto y delicadeza, te quedó fantástica! Es una actividad que relaja mucho, y aleja las preocupaciones durante un tiempo...
Muchas gracias por tu comentario y tu apoyo a mi blog este tiempo, ha sido un placer conocerte y disfrutar de tus maravillosos trabajos!
Cuídate mucho, un abrazo muy fuerte!

cotnob said...

A beautiful page Kate, a gorgeous Polar Bear and great colouring.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Loving the icy blue vibe on this one x

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This is too cute and I love the stenciling! That looks so neat!

I know it is such a hard decision on what to go back to and what not to. Maybe they will figure out another safe system where you pay as you go instead of a subscription. Who knows!?

Mrs A. said...

I just love how you have coloured the polar bear in just shades of blues. That scarf must have taken ages to do. I have one f her how to draw books They are really lovely and with clear instructions.hugs Mrs
A.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous colouring, love the blue tones you choose! A lot of lovely detail, I'm sure you had fun with this colouring book!

Anet's Crafting said...

Beautiful colouring Kate, love the stencilling around the image. Anet

Pop's Cards said...

I love this, I think I may need this one adding to my wish list, you are such a bad influence on me, this is coloured beautifully, hugs Pops x

Mac Mable said...

Yes I am the same about the gym too Kate. I know it would be good for me to get back to it but I still think it is far too early x. Loving that polar bear and his scarf and what a lovely icy image x.

Pat said...

I love your beautifully coloured polar bear Kate and I love the falling snow you have added too. x