Wednesday 8 July 2020

Nightfall Colouring Book!

Hello Everyone, the sun is shining, what a rare treat!!

Back sooner than I usually am after posting a card, but I managed to get the first page of the lovely Nightfall Colouring Book by Maria Trolle finished;
It's a beautifully illustrated book with lovely paper with a great tooth for pencils, and at a pinch can take water colour.
I stated with the nameplate, and it took about a week to do with a couple of hours at a time, so not too bad. I've used Prismacolour pencils, and Luminance pencils. Silver gel pen and WoS.
I'm pretty pleased with it and looking forward to starting another page, making that choice is difficult as there are so many beautiful illustrations to choose from.

I'm getting more into colouring books as the need for cards has depleted, and of course I don't do craft fairs and I don't sell, so I don't need so many now, except for Christmas cards. So as long as I've got enough cards in my box I won't be making as many.

I find colouring in far more therapeutic than as I get lost in the colours and of course this is just for me, and it's a great way of experimenting with colours.

Anyhoo, that's me for today, have a good one yourself and thank you for yesterday's comments,

24 comments:

Pop's Cards said...

Beautiful I have just bought a book to colour, don't really want to start, :0) its to pretty, hugs Pops x

meg said...

beautiful work Kate

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

Absolutely beautiful Kate. Your colour ways are stunning

June x

DIMI said...

Hello dear Kate!
The colouring book is so beautiful!
Lovely work and preety colors!
Have a relaxing evening! Take care! xxxxx
Dimi...

Diane said...

Just gorgeous Kate.

Hugs Diane

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Oh! how beautiful Kate and that you can still do what you like doing, without pressure and enjoying yourself also.
Take care
Faith
x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

This is such a gorgeous image and beautifully coloured. Rain here and very dull today

Sue said...

Stunning coloring, Kate. Beautifully done and the colors you chose are lovely. Color is very relaxing to me, sometimes I just color up two or three images without making them into cards right away. I have a lot of cards
in boxes that I have made for design teams. I would like to donate them to nursing homes or hospitals, but the cost of envelopes is so high.

Hugs
sue

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning colouring book Kate and wow your colours are absolutely gorgeous...sure is a way to relax I find.xx

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Wow, sunshine? I'm coming to your house! This is a beautiful page which you have done a lovely job of colouring x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Your colouring is super, its lovely to just get lost in the colouring process. Hope alls well, Hazel x

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous colouring Kate
Lorraine x

cotnob said...

A beautiful page Kate, a fabulous scene - this looks like a super colouring book.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Mac Mable said...

What a stunner Kate, beautifully coloured and as you say, so therapeutic. Great idea to take the time to colour the amazing images and do less cards x.

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
Wow! Beautiful colouring. Great vibrant colours. The shading looks fab.
Have a great weekend.
Ang x

Karen Dunbrook said...

so beautiful mf....
We've had a long hot spell with 40C temps...got rain last night and such a welcome relief.
have a great wknd.
xx Karen

Margarets designer cards said...

That is a beautiful card, love the colouring and the image
Glad you finally have some sunshine

Viv said...

What fabulous colouring Kate!I take colouring books with me when we go away...not that it's been happening lately though lol ;) Viv xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Hi Kate, your page is delightful, fab colouring! I'm sure that you will have a lovely time with this beautiful book!
Hugs

Valerija said...

So wonderful!
Valerija xx

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Oooh, lovely work. The flowers are so pretty x

Birgit said...

You coloured this so well! I love the shading of the pink flower and the bird is amazing

Pat said...

This looks like a gorgeous colouring book Kate and love your colouring of this nameplate page, wonderful colours and absolutely brilliant colouring. x

Mia said...

It seems a great coloring book, Kate. I love that you may use watercolours on it. Your coloring is gorgeous and what a pretty image! Hugs, my friend.