Wednesday 23 January 2019

Big Hugs for Your Birthday!

Hello Everyone, and I hope all is going well with you. How's your weather doing? we are very cold up here and with snow, although not lying much on the low ground, but the mountains are looking good... it's needed though for the skiing as there hasn't been much this winter at all.

So, I've been missing from Blogland for a few weeks, not only not posting but also not commenting and for that I'm sorry. The reasons are that we have unwell friends in and out of hospital that's kept us running around to help them in one way or another. Moreen, my DIL has had a sadness in her family when her brother found his wife dead on the kitchen floor. No illness, so it was a devastating shock for he family, and I was looking after Milo and Rowan a bit o let Damian and Moreen spend time with the family.

Then, if that wasn't all, Alistair's brother who had results for a blood test has been diagnosed with cancer... in colon, liver and lungs. That's knocked us all for six. Once again not symptoms, he looks absolutely fine, just a bit pale, but the blood tests were to find out if he was anemic.  We have been down to Glasgow last week to help with practical things and as a support for his daughter, who is just so frightened about it all, especially as her mum has lung cancer too.  We await the biopsy results to find out what can be done for Jim, we hope for the best.  Jim is Alistair's older brother, and is so very philosophical about it all.

As you can imagine I've just not had the inclination to be crafting, I've missed the last CCC card, which I will get done girls, but I was forced into the craft room yesterday as I needed to make a card for Damian as it's his birthday tomorrow,  so this is me trying to get back in harness.

Thank you for all the lovely comments on my last card, and for the emails wondering where I was, so very kind and thoughtful of people.
Anyway here is Damian's card;
I've used these fabulous stamps free with a copy of Creative Stamping last year, and I thought the elephants would be perfect for an Animal loving man... and who doesn't like elephants. Now this card was a sample in the magazine so I tried to copy it. I really wanted to try the reflection technique. It's slightly different to Kim Darrow's sample, but not much. I'm sure Damian will like it.

So, that's where we are at the moment, it's been quite a start to a new year for our family, but life goes like that and you just have to get on with it. I'll get back to visiting and commenting soon on your lovely blogs.
Take care of yourselves,






28 comments:

meg said...

So sorry to read all the sad news, not a great start to 2019, love your card, the colours are a smashing backdrop to the fabulous image.

Diane said...

Very sorry Kate to hear about all the sad news. I am sure your card design will certainly be appreciated.

Hugs Diane

Mia said...

Hi Kate, I am glad you showed up because I was worrying about you.
I am deeply sorry for your bad news. I do hope that everything will go well with your friends and Alistair's brother. I will pray for them.
As for your card, it is great as always. I love elephants and this image is really cute. I love how you coloured the background too. Hugs, my dear lady.

Lisa said...

I'm so sorry for all you and your family are going through, Kate. I will keep you in my prayers.


Your card is gorgeous!! The colors are amazing!! I love the reflection, too!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Oh Kate, I'm so so sorry for all the sad bews about your family members and friends... Prayers for all them. This is a bad and bysy time for you, so don't worry for commenting on our blogs!!! It isn't necessary! Take your own time for more important things...
Your elephants card is a delight, great use of the reflection technique and amazing colours! You built a fabulous scene!
Big hugs and I wish all the best for your loved ones!

Marlene Atkinson said...

Hello Kate, I was wondering about you. I am so to read all your sad news, not a good start to the New Year, I do hope things settle down soon. Hope to see you soon. Gorgeous card, love the elephant and the colours. Damian will love it. Hugs Marlene

Flo Langley said...

I was happy to see your post come up in the reader Kate as I was starting to wonder if you were ok but very sorry to read your news. Sending much love to you all at this sad and worrying time. Such a fabulous card. Damian will love it.
Hugs Flo xx

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Your card is so pretty, but I am truly sorry to hear about the scary news you are facing. Best wishes and prayers.

Marianne's Craftroom said...

So sorry to hear all your news. Gorgeous card the reflection looks fab

Mac Mable said...

So sorry to hear the awful news Kate. What an awful start to the year for you all x
Sending love and hugs and positive thoughts x

We can see The Isle of Aran from where I live and it's covered in snow and looks wonderful, but no lying snow here but extremely cold.

Such a gorgeous card for Damian Kate, which I am sure he will appreciate.

So sorry again Kate x

cotnob said...

I'm so sorry to hear all of your sad news Kate.
Your card is beautiful, such a fabulous image, I'm sure it was much appreciated.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Pink Rose said...

Hi Kate oh my heart goes out to you all ,what a lot to bare,fingers crossed and praying for everyone to be well again,sending you a big hug my friend.
Beautiful card you have made for Damian,love the elephants,well done my friend xx

dutchess said...

Hi Kate...love the card it’s a fabulous image and I hope popping into your craft room helped you forget some of your worries for a little while...
No snow here just very very cold...still keeping warm and battling on ...hugs xxx

aussie aNNie said...

So sorry about the bad news, we always want things to be happy but that doesn't always happen.
Magnificent card and the reflection turned out beautiful.xx

Maria - Ivyleaf Crafts said...

I am so sorry to hear your sad news what a devastating start to the New Year.
My thoughts are with you and your family.
Your card is wonderful my daughter's loves elephants I love the stamp xx

Wendy L said...

Love your card KAte.
Sounds like you have had a real bad time of it lately and so sorry about Alistairs brother, xxx

brenda said...

SUch sad times Kate and it always seems worse at this time of year when the weather is so gloomy. But your card offeres a bright glow and lovely stamping.

B x

Linda Simpson said...

Oh dear Kate, so very sorry to hear about your sad family news. A beautiful card. Take care.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Anne said...

I wondered where you were Kate, I'm so sorry to hear that you had such an awful start to the year.
We haven't had any snow although I can see some on the hills at the back of my house. It's freezing cold but we've had some lovely sunny days.
Fantastic card, not sure how you produced it under such pressure but you did a lovely job
Take care lovely friend
Anne x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

I’m so sorry to read about the sadness around you at this time Kate. Life can be so unfair at times and I wish you and your family well. Your card is superb and so full of warmth. I know that Damian will love it. Take care my friend and I’ll be thinking of you. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

Sally H said...

So sorry to hear your news. Hope you are okay. A beautiful card from what I think is my favourite set of Creative Stamping freebies. Gorgeous sunset xxx

pam said...

Oh Kate, I`m so sorry to read your sad news, my you have had a tough time and more to come.
Your card is perfect, I love the design and colours.
Hugs Pam x

Lorraine said...

I'm sorry to read that you've been having such a tough time of things lately. Sending you big hugs.
Your card is gorgeous, love the stamp and colours
Lorraine x

Valerija said...

Oh I love it, that little scene with the elephants is just adorable.
Valerija xx

DIMI said...

Hello dear Kate.
I’m so sorry for hear your sad news and what your family are going through.My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Lovely card and i like the cute Elephant image! Take care.xxx
Dimi...

Sue said...

WOW, sorry your families have been dealing with death and illness. I hope that you get better news for your brother in law.

Your birthday card is beautiful. I love the Elephant, and you did a super job on the reflection, perfect!

Take care, thinking of you all..........

Hugs
Sue

rachel said...

Blimey what a terrible time Kate - I do hope all is okay - your card is bound to have been appreciated - what a wonderful image. Sending you huge hugs xx

Pat said...

What an awful start to the new year for you and your family and friends Kate, no wonder you haven't felt like crafting lately. I will be thinking of you and hoping they find a good treatment for Alistair's brother to have. This elephant card is a beauty and love the background, and the reflection has worked really well, and the coloured layers complement the colour in the scene so perfectly. Take care. x