Sunday 6 January 2019

Snowflakes for the Christmas Card Club!

Hello Everyone and a Very Happy New Year to You All. I hope this new year will bring Health, Happiness and Peace. Did everyone have a good Festive Time?

We had a lovely time, with a fab vegetarian Christmas dinner, a first for all of us, and truly delish. The main dish was cauliflower encroute with a cheese and truffle sauce, and of course all the trimmings, but with out bacon in the sprouts or goose fat for the roast potatoes. Damian, did the cooking and what a terrific job he did of it....must have taught him well. We were all well and truly stuffed. 
Milo and Rowan had loads of presents and and a great deal of fuss from myself and Alistair.

New Year celebrations were quite, but did go to the Red Hot Highland Fling, an outside party, with three bands playing. We wanted to hear Blazing Fiddles which we managed before the bitter cold drove us home to bring in the Bells in warmth and comfort, tea and toast. You know you'er getting old when this is preferable to bouncing away in the cold.

Anyway, it's all over, and back to normal, for which I'm glad as I kept getting lost with the days. It's also time for the Christmas Card Club girls to share their first card of 2019. We are a group of like minded crafters who want to get ahead of the of the game by having our Christmas cards piling up well before the Big Day, so If you would like to join us this year, let me know and I will put you in touch with Margaret who manages it all for us.  We each take a turn of hosting the theme and produce a card fortnightly....not too much, and there is also the theme of Anything Goes if you can't manage the chosen theme.  So, here is my card, theme chosen by our lovely Christine who would like to see Snowflakes;

Simple cards really, good job as my inspiration is still on a break. I've used a lovely stamp set from SU called Snow is Glistening....all snowflakes, this one is heat embossed with Wow Blue Icicles powder, with snowflakes stamped on the base card. The first one has a base of dark blue card and Silver EP. As I say simple but good if you want to make batch cards.
That's it Christine, I hope they will do, it was a lovely challenge which I enjoyed.

Thank you all so much for the lovely comments on my previous card, I do appreciate them, and although I've not been commenting  on your blogs....I really needed a break for it all, crafting included, I have been scrolling through my reading list and admiring the wonderful creations that you have all been making. I will get back to commenting soon.

I'll leave you with a photo of my lovely Teallach on Christmas Morning with his new toy,
Scheduling this for tomorrow when the blog goes live. Till next time have a super weekend and see you soon,




38 comments:

Christine Harrop said...

Happy New Yer Kate. What a super snowflake tree stamp this is! You have quite a flurry of snowflakes going on here on your cards. A good start with two cards already in hand. Hugs Christine xx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Two lovely cards Kate and isn't it amazing how different they both look, just by using different colours. The first one look really classy and the second one quite contemporary. You take all the time you need until you feel ready to join us all again. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

meg said...

The difference in the cards is amazing Kate can hardly believe it's the same stamp, impossible to pick a favourite,

Pink Rose said...

Hi Kate beautiful cards my friend,oh i love the pic of xmas morning xx

Anne said...

Happy New Year Kate!
I'm just having a catch up on my favourite blogs while I have an hour to myself.
I had a bit of a break from commenting too over the holidays so I'm enjoying a catch up on what everyone has been making. Beautiful cards as always, love both the colourways.
Your vegetarian Christmas dinner sounds lovely, I'd be quite happy to try that but I'm not sure my hubby would like the idea, he's a real meat lover!

Anne x

Rita said...

Hello my dear friend. What beautiful cards Kate. Love both of them. Hugs Rita xxxx

Margarets designer cards said...

Happy new year
Two lovely cards, I like the snowflake Christmas trees, great image

DIMI said...

Hello dear Kate!
Happy new year to you and your family!
Love both of the snowflakes tree cards! So beautifully made! Well done!
Glad you had a great time during the holiday season!
Your Teallach is so cute playing with his Christmas toy!
Have a lovely new week!xxx
Dimi...

Linda Simpson said...

These are gorgeous, I love these snowflake trees.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Happy New Year! So glad you have had a fabulous Christmas time, too!
Both your cards are so lovely, that snowflakes tree is really outstanding in both the versions!
Hugs

dutchess said...

Lovely cards Kate...how different they look in the different colours...beautiful.....Xxxx

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Kate, thats a lovely stamp, and love how you've used it. I was struggling to get back into it today, I think we all feel the need for a break every now and again. Hugs, Shaz X

Mia said...

I am so glad you had a great time, Kate.
Both your cards are beautiful. They look so different in spite of using the same stamp. I really love them.
Happy New Year, my dear friend.

Sally H said...

Happy New Year, Kate! Two beautiful cards ready for Christmas 2019 - very impressive, and they are so elegant too! Good to hear you have had a lovely time over the festive period with your family. We spend new years eve with tea-total friends playing scrabble, so can relate to that! Here's to a peaceful and happy 2019 xxx

Mac Mable said...

So glad you enjoyed the festivities and made memories x Such classy cards, both of them and the stamp and stamping is beautiful. CAS perfection x

Lisa said...

Happy New Year, Kate!! I hope 2019 is a fabulous one for you!! Your cards are so gorgeous!! I love the designs of each one!! They're beautiful!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

rachel said...

Happy New Year Kate! Lovely to hear about your Christmas - we often have a veggie Christmas dinner and this year it was basically vegan until we got to the pudding! I am doing veganuary this month too - enjoying it so far! Love your cards - what a lovely stamp! Hugs rachel x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Good to see you back, sounds like a yummy lunch. I love veggie food though I am not a vegetarian. I never use fat, cook with frylight. We had a quiet New Year’s Eve at home and were in bed at 11. Lovely oic of your gorgeous boy. Oh and the cards are very pretty, well done for making a start.

cotnob said...

Gorgeous cards Kate, such a beautiful stamp.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Jannet said...

I love the blue and white so very elegant.Wishing you a very healthy and happy 2019 xx

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely post Kate and Happy New year to you too.xx

Marlene Atkinson said...

Hello Kate, hope you had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year.
2 beautiful cards, they look so different in the colours you have used. Marlene

pam said...

Happy New Year Kate..
Love your beautiful cards, sound like you enjoyed your Christmas and New Year.
Pam x

Mrs A. said...

I do like the super use of the Christmas tree with the snowflake pattern. Great idea for the challenge and your two cards do look so totally different. Christmas Dinner sounded fab. Happy new Year to you Kate. Hugs Mrs A.

Jennifer Johnston said...

Two lovely cards Kate but each one a different
style. The first one is very elegant and
classy and the second has a more modern look.
Happy New Year to you and your family. Hope
it is a good one for you.
Love & Hugs Jennifer xx.

Valerija said...

What beautiful cards, such a lovely stamp.
Happy New Year!
Valerija xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
Happy New Year to you and your family.
2 very beautiful cards for your Christmas club.
Love that Christmas Tree stamp and your very fab designs.
They both glisten very so lovely.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Jules said...

Hi Kate

Sounds like you had a lovely Christmas and New Year celebration!

Two great Christmas cards to kick you off for 2019! I hope it will be a happy year for you.

Love Jules xx

Pat said...

So pleased you had a lovely Christmas and New Year Kate, and can understand that you need a bit of a quieter time. I think we all feel a bit like this after the busy period before the celebrations. I love your Christmas trees, both very pretty colour combinations, one really lush with the blue and silver, and the other soft and pretty in the blue, so different from each other and both really beautiful. x

Diane said...

Two lovely card designs Kate. Super cute picture of Teallach.

Hugs Diane

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Kate! Your snowflake Christmas trees are BEAUTIFUL! I love the image, and the 2 vastly different ways you have used the stamp! Pure loveliness! hugs, de

Anet's Crafting said...

Happy New Year Kate! Your cards are beautiful. Did you maybe had a change of choosing you win image over at The Paper Shelter? https://thepapershelter.blogspot.com/2018/12/winners-of-our-blog-hop-challenge.html. Hugs Anet

Darnell said...

Your Christmas cards are beautiful, Kate, and it's wonderful that you already have a start on your 2019 stash! You've added lovely stamping and layers and bling! I enjoyed hearing about your Christmas and New Year and I hope you and Alistair and family have an amazing and healthy new year!! Hugs, Darnell

Elizabeth said...

Hi Kate, just catching up after being a bit poorly. Your Christmas dinner sounds delicious - I love vegetarian food. The stamp you've used on your cards is just the thing - a tree made from snowflakes, what could be more perfect for Christine's chosen theme. Lovely pic of Teallach too. xx

Cara said...

Hi Kate. It’s lovely to get out and see your gorgeous cards again. I love that Christmas tree stamp, just gorgeous how you’ve used it.
Cara x

Sue said...

Both cards are beautiful, Kate. Loving the stamp, so pretty. Your kitty seems quite pleased with his new toy, he's a big boy! I know what you mean about getting away from crafting for a time, it will renew your interest when you get back to it I find.

hugs
Sue

Barb said...

Happy new year to you and yours Kate. What a lovely stamp that is and the cards do look very different. Barbxx

Barb said...

Happy new year to you and yours Kate. What a lovely stamp that is and the cards do look very different. Barbxx