Friday 29 January 2016

Gardening Boots for Oldie Friday1

Hello to Everyone, Friday already my how the time flies.  I hope you are all well and not being hit by this new bit of awful rain. What a howling gale last night and the rain was stotting of our velux window in the bedroom, didn't make for a quiet and peaceful sleep. So far today, it's been sunny and then so dark like an eclips and then a downpour.

Anyway, a day at home and getting on with a bit of housework and a chance to look out an "Oldie" card for Erika's "Oldie" share, I've not managed to play for a while, but I've got one today;
This was a commissioned card for a friend's Grandad and it's a Just Inkedline imageand colourd with Promarkers and a LOTV sentiment. It's a great image for a keen gardener.

Now just before I go, I noticed this on FB and just had to capture it, and it just makes me laugh, I'm totally hooked on this TV drama, and even have the theme tune on my phone, which caused a stir when my phone rang whilst at Choral rehearsal the other week, I had forgotten to switch the phone off, and it felt like ages before I realised it was mine, then found it in order to switch it off, Conductor raised his eyebrows and I had a red face.
Thank you for all the lovely comments on my last card and my new craft space, I bought some fab coloured drawers from Hobbycraft yesterday, and they are super and hold so much, as I said an ongoing process.
Have a super day and a great weekend



21 comments:

Erika said...

That sketch is so funny, how did they keep a straight face!
I love your gardening card, the wellies are fab, I was that person that needed an L and R!
That's for sharing an oldie with me today and have a super weekend.
Not a good nights sleep here either, very windy and wet. Still at least we were wrapped up in the warm.
Hugs Erika. x

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Ohhh what a lovely card. Any gardener would fall head over heels for this card. I especially like the charm you added, so perfect. Have a beautiful day.

Sandy said...

You have a lovely card to remember -- don't know what show this is but has to be more than hitting someone in the face -- was it slap stick?
Sandy

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
what a brilliant card.
I love that fab image and it's coloured perfectly.
What a fab way to put someones age on the card, and that watering can charm is so fab.
So glad you decided to show us it for your Oldie as I have never seen that before.
Yep we too had a very windy night down south, and couldn't sleep well.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

I love that image and it's perfect for a garden lover. A very special card Kate and I especially love the the little watering can charm, a lovely finishing touch.
Lorraine

Hazel said...

Kate what a fantastic card, love your design. Just perfect for a gardener. Xxx

rachel said...

great oldie Kate and your story did make me chuckle - how funny! Have a lovely weekend! Hugs rachel x

pam said...

Fabulous oldie card Kate..
Our weather here woke me at 4.00am stayed in bed till 6.00 could not listen to the wind anymore..
hugs pam x

Anet's Crafting said...

Hallo Kate, just love your beautiful card and all the pretty detail. Have a wonderful weekend! Hugs Anet x

meg said...

love this image Kate it makes a smashing male card, the addition of the watering can charm was inspired. Take care miserable here again today.

cotnob said...

A super oldie share Kate, I love this image and have used it quite recently. I hope the weather has improved, it's been cold down here but at least the sun came out today.
Pauline
x

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliantly designed card, love the colour combo and paper are gorgeous. xx

{aNNie}

MaryH said...

Love these boots as garden tool containers. What a darling image, and the idea to add the vines coming from the twine added such a fresh color of spring. The way the twine is placed on the bottom of the rectangle - with the vines tucked in, looks quite like a pretty window box at first glimpse. Laffed at the smacks too. Don't know this program, though. Hugs & TFS.

Diane said...

Just a lovely colored garden scene Kate.

Hugs Diane

vic said...

Such a charming card Kate I love the watering can and lovely leaves! Have a fab week!
Hugs
Vic xx

Flo Langley said...

Adore this Kate. fabulous design. Anything garden themed gets my vote.
Have a lovely week.
Hugs Flo xx

Sarn said...

That's DEFINITELY a goodie! xxx

Sue said...

Love the little garden scene you created with the boots. Details are all perfect to go with the image. Can't wait to be able to get back into the yard, but certain we are not done with the snow by a long shot!!!

Hugs
Sue

Peanut said...

Super card, Kate! LOVE the darling little watering can charm. It's THE perfect accessory for this card.
hugs, Asha

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
A marvellous card for a keen gardener and I love how you've done the age lol!
Beautifully put together.
Hope your weather is improving.
Ang x

Flutterbies and Heffalumps said...

Really love this card Cathy. Ideal for a keen gardener. Love the window box and watering can xxx