Sunday 19 August 2018

Nativity for the CCC!

Hello Everyone, I hope you are well and having a lovely weekend. We have a warm sunnyish  day up here, good for the washing.

Thanks to everyone who left comments on my last card, I do appreciate the time it takes.
It's time for the Christmas Card Club girls to show there cards for this fortnight, and this time the hostess is Margaret (Granmargaret) and she would like to see the Nativity on the cards, but if that's not good for you  then we have Anything Goes. Anyway, here is what I've come up with,
Not the type of card I do,but I have one friend who appreciates this kind of religious card. This is a silhouette image from Little Claire stamps and I've inked the background with DI and added a few wee gems for stars. Matted on to blue and then silver mirror card, of course always difficult to photograph. Hope this will do Margaret. Thank you for the challenge, it made me use an old stamp that has been around in my stash for yonks.

Do have a look at what the other girls have made, they always have some fab cards to show.

Just a quick post today, as we are off out soon, so I'll love you and leave you and see you soon,




28 comments:

Rita said...

what a stunning card Kate. I love the whole design. Beautiful colouring too. Will write you a PM tonight. Have a Good Week. Hugs Rita xxx

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous.
Hugs
Linda xxx

dutchess said...

Lovely card Kate the background you have created really makes the image pop....it’s so good to use old stash...justifies keeping it...
Hope you enjoyed your trip out and the rest of the weekend xxx

brenda said...

It's a lovely card Kate and so nice to see one with the true meaning of Christmas, not that I don't like alternatives but people rarely use Nativity secene nowadays. Many thanks for your kind comments yesterday and I am completely with you on where the deline rests.

B x

Mrs A. said...

It is good to keep some stamps on standby for just such ocassions. I have several people on my card list that appreciate these cards so
I always try and make them in my stash. This is a lovely one Kate. Hugs Mrs A.

Wendy L said...

It is a gorgeous card Kate, I do like seeing a Nativity scene, xxx

Gibmiss said...

Hi Kate
Fabulous nativity card...
Hugs Sylvie xx

MaryH said...

It's very pretty Kate, and I like religious images like this too. Hard to find nice stamps that portray this particular one sometimes. YOu did a fabulous job on the background, and it shows off the black silhouette beautifully. TFS & Hugs

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful card, love the image. Have a great day.

Lisa said...

Wow, this is so stunning!! The Nativity scene is so beautiful!! I love the background colors and the sentiment!! So, so gorgeous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

scrappymo! said...

Your background is so soft and pretty and this nativity stamp is wonderful You have made such a lovely nativity card and your friend is sure to love it.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Beautiful Nativity scene with this silhouette and the gems are just perfect as stars!

pam said...

Beautiful card Kate, love the scene you created.
Pam x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

What a lovely nativity scene Kate, the silhouette image really pops on that background. A perfect CAS design.
Lorraine

meg said...

beautiful card that's a gorgeous stamp Kate, looks wonderful against the background

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Kate, a beautiful silhouette image and lovely inked background.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Mia said...

Brilliant nativity card, Kate!!! Kisses, my friend.

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous scene Kate, love this kind of Christmas Card.xx

Jo said...

Lovely card, beautiful stamp & I love the inky background x

Marlene Atkinson said...

A beautiful Nativity card. Marlene

Lori said...

What a lovely nativity card! Beautiful background for that pretty silhouette!

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
what a very super card and I love that silouette stamped image it's brilliant.
Beautiful inking on the background also.
love the glitery stars.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Birgit said...

This is very soft with the colours used and love the silhouette

Dortesjs said...

great card, very soon christmas religious will fit in fine

rachel said...

A beautiful card Kate! Really lovely! Big hugs rachel xx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi kate
I don't do many religious cards but this is lovely.
Like the sparkly gems as stars.
Ang x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

This is lovely

Karen Dunbrook said...

love the look you achieved with this special card mf.
xx Karen