Tuesday 28 August 2018

Bonsai Tree!

Hello to Everyone, I hope you are well and your day is going good.

I've been frustrated by first my computer scanning the disc, it seemed to take for ever and fairly kept me back from what I wanted to do which was print some images out to colour. Finally three hours later.. and mind you, I've received no information regarding the scan so don't know if all was okay with it and if it will rescan  another time. Anyway, resized my images and hit the print button....nothing!! tried to get on to the printer app, wouldn't let me so couldn't see what the problem was. Shut everything down, and finally managed to sort it all, however, all that took me three times in the doing. I've ended up with the mother of all headaches...oh I hate when these things go wrong, it meant that my plans for a good old colouring in session didn't happen.

The other day, I couldn't get on to my blog as I was sent to a widgetserver. I was tearing my hair out trying to get that sorted. I just don't know how these things happen when the device is protected.  Anyway, while the going is good, here is a card for you;
This was made from a sketch by Gaynor at Stamp for Joy, and unfortunately it didn't turn out so well. The embossed panel is meant to be at a diagonal angle, that didn't work out too good. However, I show my pants cards too lol.
The image is from SU All Good Things stamp set, and it's been inked up with one of those ink pads that has multiple colours, brown shades by Hero Arts. The little floral stamps are from the same set, and in the background is that wonderful Marble stamp from SU.  Gold pearls finishes it off.

Thank you all for the visits and lovely comments on my last card, and brilliant to see some new commenters, I hope you will come back again.

Alistair and friends had a fine time at the BBQ at the weekend, but my dear hubby has been catching up on sleep since coming home.  Teallach and I had a very restful time, no fiddle playing or constant news programmes.

I'm off now to see about getting the  pasta sauce made for our tea. Take care and see you soon,


23 comments:

MaryH said...

No wonder you had a headache! This kind of thing is so irritating. Just FYI, when I clicked your link last visit, I was taken to some sort of ad thing. Did it multiple times and then finally didn't use the normal link I'd have for you. Just found your blog IP address and got there by doing that. Didn't have problems with other commenting (at least that day). I think blogger is doing some stuff again. I love your image, and I really like the way you've placed the mats and done the layout. Very interesting detail. Glad Mr. had a good time and hope the rest of your day goes well. TFS & Hugs

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous, love the beautiful bonsai tree.
Hugs
Linda xxx

cotnob said...

A pretty card Kate, such a lovely image and sentiment.
Several people that I visit had the problem with the widget, technology can be such a pain sometimes can't it - thank goodness my son and hubby know what they are doing, I most certainly don't!
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Birgit said...

Don't get me started on my frustrations with the computer, IPad etc... I have pictured myself hurtling these devices out the window. I hope it is all figured out now. Love your card-the marble look for the background is great and love the tree and the statement. The embossed part looks great and don't see any issue at all

pam said...

Oh dear Kate, glad you`ve sorted your problem`s out.
Wonderful card.
Pam x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A pretty card and lovely image and sentiment. I hope your headache passed quickly, these techie malfunctions are a real pain and as you say, very frustrating.
Lorraine

Mac Mable said...

Sorry to hear about your computing and printing problems and not surprised you ended up with a headache. Love the colour combination and the stamping on your card. The marble layer looks great and what a wonderful sentiment too X

Marianne's Craftroom said...

How frustrating, I hate it when things go wrong, they should just work. Well done for sorting it. Great card love the image. Your stories of Alistair always make me smile

Jannet said...

Another beautiful card Kate, I especially love the sentiment! I always dread turning on the old laptop as it always seems to do endless updates and scans ! Take care xx

Peanut said...

Computer problems .... aaargh! Drives us all nuts! In spite of all the irritations, you certainly created a fabulous card. It really is gorgeous, Kate.
x Asha

Lisa said...

What a gorgeous card!! I love the beautiful bonsai tree!! The sentiment is one of my absolute favorites!! Urgh, computer problems!! They are so annoying!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card love that bonsai....
I had issues getting into a couple of followers to comment for the same reason they removed some widget so guess there's always something new to bug us.xx

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Hello Kate,
Love your pretty card and layout. Thank you so much for your comment and concern regarding the heavy rains. Our town had 51 inches of rain within a 4 day period. Thankfully, we are just fine. It was a shocking and totally unexpected amount of rain, especially since we only got the outer fringes of the hurricane. We also thought the opposite side of the island would get more rain, but not so. It was the most rain ever in recorded history.

Have a wonderful day.

Sue said...

I had trouble getting on your blog also, just the background loaded and nothing else.
I like your card an the Bonsai tree, it made a lovely card, despite all the problems it gave you.

Hugs
Sue

brenda said...

I think computers like the internet are a law unto themselves Kate so totally undeerstand your frustration. I also had problems getting on your blog the other day, I saw it momentarily and then a scam website came up. I was going to mail you but don't seem to hve your addy. As for you card today, it's a lovely Bonsai image and would make a perfect masculine card.

B x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Lovely card!!! Great design!

meg said...

Glad you both had a great weekend, lovely to have peace and quiet sometimes, what a headache with the computer though. Beautiful card Kate, love the autumnal colours and design

dutchess said...

Oh Kate it’s just awful when technology lets us down and frustrates our efforts to simply have a crafty day!.....you will need your peace and quiet after that marathon....well you managed a beautiful card in lovely autumnal colours so all well?.....fingers crossed...hugs xxx

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
oh my word that does sound like one hell of a headache the problems and the all the time it took to sort out.
No wonder you had a heaache.
You know the saying best layed plans of mice and men and all that jazz.
Don't you just hate it when you have your day mapped out and something like that happens or you can't find what you want in the craft room.
Your card is gorgeous and I love that Bonsai image and your design.
Was so glad to see your name come out of the hat.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Mia said...

Just GORGEOUS!!!!!!!! I LLLLLOVE the beautiful bonsai tree, Kate. Kisses, my friend.

rachel said...

sorry to hear about your troubles Kate - technology is such a pain when things don't work! Love your card though - spied that fab marble stamp at the background - nd the bonsai was lovely too xx

Anne said...

I don't know why you would think this didn't turn out too well Kate, I think it's lovely and I like the added texture from the embossed panel.
I hear ya with the technology headaches. Every time there is a Windows update I have trouble lately, it's a bloomin' nightmare
Anne x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
Don't sell yourself short. Its a super card and the sentiment is lovely.
Technology is supposed to make our lives easier lol!!!
Best wishes.
Ang x