Monday 26 August 2013

Game Playing!

Hello to Everyone and I do hope you have all enjoyed the Bank Holiday and have had some lovely weather.
It has been a glorious day up here, blue skies all the way.  I did however think there was the beginnings of an Autumnal feel first thing this morning whilst waiting for the bus,  the air seemed fresher.
Thank you all for your lovely comments on my last card, I love reading them.

Just a short post today as  I have to go and get organised for choral practise later on, we started back last week, and the first few weeks are always intense when learning new pieces.  Unfortunately I have a stonker of a headache and my eyes are nipping, don't know what that's about, but I have to go.

I've a card that I made a wee while a go that has found it's way to Lewis who is Alistair's son;
I've had the elements for this for a while and I don't remember whose it is but it is decoupaged and matted on to a piece of Core'dinations embossed with a TH embossing folder in wood effect. Papers were from a magazine a couple of years ago and card candy.

The card wasn't made for anyone in particular but, Alistair liked it and thought it would do for him to write a note to his son.   He lives in London and we don't hear from him all that often, so this is how his dad keeps in touch, not too intrusive a method.

I an off now to make my diner, cheated and bought a Sweet and Sour Chicken meal from Markies, with egg fried rice, oh I know how to live when Alistair is off playing.
Cheerio for now
Hugs Kate x


23 comments:

Rita said...

Love your card Kate. Been a great day here as well, but very humid. Enjoy your dinner, it certainly sounds yummy. Hugs Rita xxx

Unknown said...

Hi Kate, we have had a glorious day here too. I am sitting in the front garden commenting on your post enjoying the last of the sun and it is still warm.

Your card is lovely, is Alistair's son into board games I wonder? Enjoy yor Markies dinner.

Wilma x x x

Christine Harrop said...

This is a great male card Kate. Yes, we have a good day today too, although like you initially there was a little nip in the air. Enjoy your meal. This is the sort of thing I do when John is away, unless I just make an omelette or something. It's just too much hassle cooking proper meals for one isn't it? Have a good evening. Christine xx

Sue said...

What a fab male card Kate! its gorgeous your dinner sounds so yummy huggles Sue xxx

Hazel said...



Sorry my iPad playing up again, love how you have laid this card out, great from a male who was into chess.


We love that M&S meal, enjoy.

Hazel xxx

Lorraine said...

Fabulous male card. I love the image and design.
Enjoy your meal and choir practice.
Lorraine x

Marie-Louise said...

Fantastic card Kate. Perfect male card.

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hi Kate it's been fabulous here too 25 this afternoon! Fab card for a male I bet his son loved it! Susan x

Sue said...

This is fabulous Kate, I love the image and brilliant design.
I hope you enjoyed choral practice and your yummy meal!
Sue xx

Alison Scott said...

Kate another great card. Love the image. Hope you enjoyed your Markies dinner. I'll need to practise meals for one for when Emma goes off to Uni. I'll be dealing with it 2 days a week. Poor me, ha.

Marianne's Craftroom said...

What a fabulous image, lovely card. Hope you enjoyed your tea

pam said...

fabulous male card Kate, gorgeous day here.
pam

Unknown said...

What a fun card! I just love projects that make me want to play games, they put me in a good mood :)

Best crafty wishes!
Amber
Staying Crafty

Norma said...

Hi Kate:) I hope you had a wonderful weekend:) Your card is fabulous and perfect for any male for sure. I hope your hubby's son enjoys this card. Have a wonderful evening
Hugs,
Norma

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

That's a really cool card Kate. Perfect for a guy.

downrightcrafty said...

what a beautiful card, super image and love the colours
Hugs Kate xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
what a really fantastic card. Fabulous image and wonderfully designed.
Have a wonderful crafty day.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

rachel said...

Gorgeous card Kate and it is a lovely way for Alistair to keep in touch with his son. Having a wonderful time here in Cornwall. Such a pretty part of the country xx

Pop's Cards said...

Stunning sweetie as always, gorgeous colours too hugs Pops x x x

Erika said...

Hope you enjoyed your meal and that your headache has eased...I think the weather isn't helping, very close here needing a good downpour of rain.
Loving your card, a great man card or game player card. My kids love Monopoly and Chess, the youngest one always wins.....I sign of things to come maybe?
Have a super day, hugs Erika. x

May said...

Hi Kate, I hope that nasty headache is gone....Love your card so much to look at... Put together just beautifully...... Hugs May x x x

Sandy said...

Kate this is really wonderful - and as I am so far behind, I am assuming that your headache is gone. You have made a wonderful birthday card!!
sandy

Nicecrane Designs said...

sooo funny card,,,,,and your coloring is amazing,,,,,very well done Kate.