Tuesday 23 May 2023

Bringing a Gift!

 Hello Everyone, I hope you are tickity boo, and your day's been good. Dull, day here and much cooler. There weather seems to be so changeable at the moment.

Getting on fine with my Libre 2 Sensor, and thankfully my fingers are loosing the bruises caused by the finger pricking. I'm finding my reading quite intriguing as the BG is monitored all the time, I'm able to get an idea of how different food is is contributing to the readings, much easier to make changes in my eating habits.

I would recommend anyone with diabetes and on insulin and injecting more than once a day to ask about monitoring their BG with the sensor, it does save your fingers.

I've got a coloured pages today, from a Karla Markova book, Fairy Celebrations






 Coloured with Prismacolor pencils, gel pen, Stickles, and soft chalk pastels. These two pages are side by side, not a double spread as such. Pity once again the photos are not brilliant, sorry.

Thank you all so much for your lovely comments on my last card.

That's me for now, take care of yourselves and see you soon,



18 comments:

meg said...

Two magical beautifully coloured pages Kate

Rainey's Craft Room said...

These are super images and you have coloured them beautifully Kate.
Glad to hear that you are getting on okay with your new BG monitor, hopefully it will make life easier for you eventually and improve your health over time.
Lorraine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! My goodness Kate these are just adorable pages and your colouring as always is marvellous.
Faith x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Hi Kate, thanks for the comment on my blog. I did try to email you on the email address on this blog, but it said undeliverable. I'll speak to the Diabetic Nurse. Thanks again
Faith x

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous colouring pages Kate.
Glad to hear you are getting on well with your new monitor
Lorraine x

dutchess said...

Hi Kate so good you are getting on well with your sensor,brilliant bit of kit life changing….
Loving your beautiful coloured pages,very mindful….take care xxx

Darnell said...

I'm so glad your Libre is working well and you will get your poor fingertips back again, Kate. I don't know how you've managed to craft and knit and sew as you have been!

I love the wonderful whimsy of your pages ~ your fantastic colouring brings everything to life! Hugs, Darnell

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

I'm glad to know that the new way to control your BG is going so well, it seems a great changing for your life.
Beautiful colouring on the lovely book pages!
Hugs

Mrs A. said...

Your post did make me smile. Tickity boo was one of my Dad's expressions. Was good to hear it again. Your coloured pages are beautiful. Glad to hear you are getting on ok with the sensor. Hugs mrs A.

brenda said...

Pleased you are getting on with the new gadget, my daughter had one fitted a couple of months ago and like you say interesting what foods spark the highs etc., so far I've resisted.

A beautifully coloured page.

B x

Flo Langley said...

Adorable pages Kate. Beautifully coloured. Thank you!!!! Will be in touch soon. Sending you both hugs. Flo xx

Sue said...

Such gorgeous pages Kate they are really beautiful hugs x

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
so glad to hear that you have that machine it must make things so much easier for you especially your fingers which we need to craft.
Your colouring is excellent and so beautiful and such a pretty book I think just love fairies I have lots as my mother used to love them and I couldn't see them go to a charity shop after all her years collecting them.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful and stunning design, great colour combo, love it. xx

Lisa said...

Wonderful to hear your fingers are getting better. Your coloring on your images is so beautiful.

Sue said...

Beautifully colored, Kate, I find coloring so relaxing.

Hugs
Sue

Anet's Crafting said...

Wow your colouring is beautiful Kate. Love it. Anet

Valerija said...

Wow, rally amazing.
xx