Monday 19 December 2022

We're Walking in the Air!

Hello Everyone, I hope you are all well and not getting too stressed in this lead up to Christmas. I'm all sorted, just the fresh food needed and I'll do that on Friday. Parcels all wrapped, cards all posted or hand delivered. 

We've had quite a bit of snow, but thankfully it's melting as the temperature has go up quite a bit, I hate when it gets all slushy, can still be quite dangerous when it freezes.

Anyway, my card today was made for my friend Fiona who loves The Snowman, and I make one every year for her,



  

Tried to delete the first image as I hadn't realised I hadn't turned it the right way, and now I can't delete it, anyway here it is the right way round. She loves it. I'm running out of ideas though.

The Choral Society had our Carolthon on Saturday, and our partner  charity this year is Mikeysline which is a mental health charity, started a few  years ago when there was almost no support for young people. The charity is names after a young man who took his life and sadly his friend too a short while later. This charity do excellent work and has grown to quiet a substantial support organisation.

We raised £1500 on the day and there will be more as the choir has sponsor sheets still to come in. It was good to get back doing the Carolthon after such a long time due to covid.

That's me for tonight, planning a quiet evening with a bit of knitting, you take care and see you soon,


 


10 comments:

meg said...

Love The Snowman film, Fiona will love her card

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Lovely card for your friend, and the sparkling looks great. So glad you enjoyed your Carolthon again!
Hugs

brenda said...

That's a fabulous amount to raise for such a good cause Kate.

Your card is delightful and sounds perfect for your friend.

The events of Saturday have clipped my wings a bit so if I'm not round again before, I wish you a very Happy Christmas.

B x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Beautiful card Kate, love the snowflakes and sparkle. What a great amount to raise for a good cause.
Faith x

Birgit said...

Lovevthe Snowman and am thinking of that beautiful song, we're walking in the air sung by Katherine Jenkins with the Andre Rieu orchestra. Your friend will love it. https://youtu.be/A1-41Memra0

Wendy L said...

Wonderful card, love the music and the film, takes me back to when my boys were little. I don't stress as we don't really do Christmas, just another day for us living here, x

Lorraine said...

A fabulous card Kate, the Snowman always looks good on a card - I'm sure Fiona will love it.
Lorraine x

Mrs A. said...

Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without The Snowman. I am humming along now with the tune. Have managed to get everything posted and delivered between the postal strikes. Hope you have a lovely Christmas and New Year. Hugs Mrs A.

Pat said...

I love the snowy background on the black card Kate, and lots of wonderful glitter and shine on and around the snowman image, and the added snowflakes are so pretty too, and am sure Fiona will just adore this. You should be able to go back in to your post and right click on the first photo and press delete, and if it leaves a gap just move the second photo up and the rest of the post will follow. Sorry if you know all this already, and perhaps for some reason it won't work. Glad the Carolthon was a big success and that you have raised a lot of money for this very worthwhile charity. x

Lisa said...

Super cute snowman, this reminds me of Peter Pan. Love all the sparkle and shine on the card.