Sunday 11 December 2022

Anything Goes for the CCC

Hello there from the frozen North, I hope you are all managing to say warm and cosy. Snow in Inverness didn't come to much thankfully, but very icy underfoot.

I'm here with the final Christmas Card Club card of the year, and hasn't the year gone by so quickly!!

  Anything Goes is the challenge this time around, so here is what I've made,


When I saw this Card-io stamp I just had to have it as I thought it would make a super card for Alistair. Once again it's a combination of Card-io and Lavinia stamps, Elements ink, watercolour pencils and gel pens, little gems and the sentiments are from Lavinia Sentiment sheets.

Been busy today, putting the tree and decorations up, and Alistair put up new curtains, which when I brought them down discovered I'd bought the wrong type, pencil pleat instead of eyelet. So it was a quick dash to Dunelm to see if I could get them changed. I wanted to get material that Teallach can't get his claws into, he ruined the pair  taken down, so I wan'ted a smooth material rather than textured, if you know what I mean. He's a rascal, I really hoped that he would grow out of it, but no, he's ruined the stir carpet too. He does have a scratch post but won't use it, I quite despair of him at times.

Anyway, it's a feet up with a good book tonight, absolutely nothing I want to watch on the TV, Saturday nights are just awful now.

So, I'll get this post scheduled for tomorrow, please have a look at what my teammates create, they always have fabulous cards.

Thank you for the lovely comments on my last card.

Cheerio for now,



17 comments:

brenda said...

This is just so pretty with the holy and berry border Kate. Chilly here in the Fen's as well, -6 this morning with freezing fog.

B x

meg said...

A wonderful make Kate,the snowcouple, your stamped and stencilled frames are beautiful.

dutchess said...

Beautiful card Kate and I am sure Alistair will love it….
Hope you both have a very happy Christmas xxxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Gorgeous stamping on this snowy card Kate, the image is lovely and the added glitter really sparkles in this photo which is so difficult to capture. It's rather white here too, not snow but very icy and the trees look beautiful.
I hope you both have a lovely Christmas and New Year.
Lorraine

Margarets designer cards said...

Hello from a snowy somerset, we woke up to snow this morning, not forecasted for us but it arrived overnight, I do think of you and its been so cold up where you are, I hope this frost would go away and it would warm up a bit,
Lovely christmas card, great image,
I hope you stay warm and cosy, I know what you mean about Saturday nights there's nothing to watch especially now with football on most days.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Lovely mix of stamps, it's a beautiful and sweet card!
Cats get claws to sign their own places, they are very territorial animals. Try to put an horizontal scratch post just in the place of the carpet he used for scratching.
Have a lovely Sunday

Wendy L said...

This is gorgeous Kate, xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! Kate, this is a stupendous card, beautiful work. Yep! It's certainly cold, we got up to -6C on Friday, the coldest, I think, for years. Temperatures not going up much in the day either, but, you have it colder up there, keep warm and careful on that ice.
Faith x

Gibmiss said...

Fabulous card Kate …love Cardio ….stamps …..
We don’t have a TV…..
Wishing you both a Happy Christmas xx
Hugs Sylvie xx

Darnell said...

I love this sweet snow couple inside the ornament, Kate! You can feel the love they have for each other (like they've been married a million years) and for Santa and his sleigh! Very pretty framing for them! Be careful on that ice and have a fabulous Christmas! (I hope Teallach leaves your new curtains alone!) Hugs, Darnell

Marlene Atkinson said...

Absolutely gorgeous Kate. Keep warm. Marlene

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh what a stunning make. Love these wee cuties. Its cold down here too but I bet its not as bad as with you!!! Suddenly its winter!! Stay Safe, Hazel xx

Pat said...

What a fabulous card for Alistair using your Card-io and Lavinia stamps, and the cute snow couple in the masked and inked bauble with the little added scene, including some wonderful glittery snow, is just perfect! I hope your new curtains don't allow Teallach to get his claws into them..cats definitely have a mind of their own and are not to be deterred..lol. It is minus 4 here today but beautifully bright and sunny, the coldest it has been down here in the south west for a very long time, and glad that you have escaped a lot of the snow, but take care with the ice. x

aussie aNNie said...

Absolutely stunning and beautifully designed project ♥

Lisa said...

What a super cute snowman image and a wonderful Christmas card with it too. They are so cute tucked in the ornament looking up at Santa and his sleigh.

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful card. Hope your little furry baby leaves your curtains alone. Happy Christmas. Anesha x

Sue said...

Kate, it's a beautiful card, love it and perfect for you hubby. Yes, a cat can do a lot of damage with those nails!! But we love our pets, so what can you do. I think their is something you can spray that they don't like but you don't smell, but is has been a long time since we had a cat.

Happy Holidays to you and yours, Kate. And Happy New Year too.

Hugs
Sue