Friday 24 December 2021

Happy Christmas!

 

Well here we are, It's Christmas Eve, and by now if I've not got everything needed, too bad, lol.

It's a lovely bright day here but very cold, quite a difference form yesterday, when it was foggy drizzle all day. Planning a wee walk later.

I just wanted to thank all my lovely followers for  all the visits and lovely comments that you leave throughout the year, I do appreciate your time and the encouragement you give. Thank you too for the beautiful Christmas cards that we've received from Blogging Friends, Lots of beautiful creations.

One of the things I enjoy about Christmas is the various films of  Dicken's A Christmas Carol, and right now I'm watching one that I've never seen before, with Albert Finney as Scrooge, it's a musical so  quite a bit different, and I have to say that Albert Finney makes a brilliant Scrooge, I could never see past Alistair Sim in the part, but maybe this one is my favourite.

Hopefully, this Christmas folks will be able to be with their loved ones, it was very difficult last year for many folks. I was reminded by my lovely friend Rita who sent a picture via Instagram of the soldiers in the trenches in the 1914 war, with the caption of This was Their Christmas Day, a stark reminder that for many Christmas can be a right off. The awful destruction in many countries by natural disasters where people are left homeless at best and dead loved ones at worst, will be no Christmas for them.  For many people Christmas is a sad and lonely time, so I always try to keep things in perspective and celebrate the fact that I can indeed spend time with my family, we have all we need, by comparison to others.

You know we haven't come that far along the road from Dicken's time, just a thought.

Have a wonderful Christmas, however you celebrate it, and let's hope that 2022 will be a much better year for all with Health and Happiness, and a light at the end of the tunnel regarding this pandemic. Take care of yourselves, keep safe and see you all in the New Year, I'm going to have a bit of a break from Blogger,



21 comments:

meg said...

A beautiful card Kate,Wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Jackie T said...

That is a beautiful card Kate. Have a lovely Christmas. Take care. Hugs Jackie

brenda said...

Happy Christmas to you as well Kate, have a lovely festive season, stay safe and well.

B x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Beautiful card, love the colours. Have a lovely Christmas

Pat said...

A really beautiful card Kate and such pretty colours and with the lovely gold snowflake borders. Thank you for all your visits during the year which I greatly appreciate, and with all my best wishes to you and Alistair for a very Happy Christmas and peaceful and healthy New Year. x

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Kate.
Happy Christmas
Lorraine x

Mac Mable said...

Merry Christmas, stay safe and enjoy the holidays Kate x. Enjoy your blogging break and thank you for all the kind comments you've left on my blog x.

Margarets designer cards said...

I wish you and your family a Very Merry Christmas,
I see Scotland had snow this morning here in somerset its pouring with rain and foggy,
I hope you can enjoy christmas and are staying safe and well

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Merry Christmas Kate, such beautiful card with lovely colours!
A Christmas Carol by Dickens is a very sage novel, we all have to open our minds and hearts and think different almost at Christmas time.
Hugs, love and peace
Alice

Mrs A. said...

Beautiful card Kate. See you in the new Year. Hugs Mrs A.

Valerija said...

Wonderful card. Love the colours and design.
Valerija xx

Jennifer Johnston said...

This is a beautiful card Kate, I love everything about it ! the colours, the design..... so different. Wishing you and yours a Happy Christmas and a Happy, Healthy New Year to you and Alistair. Hoping 2022 will be a much better year for everyone. Take care and stay safe Kate. Thank you for all your lovely, encouraging comments on my blog, they are very much appreciated.
Love & Hugs Jennifer xx.

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful card, and Happy New year to you and your family!

Zoe Tant said...

Love the background spotlighting your gold sentiment. Hope yours was as restful and lovely as ours and best wishes for the new year. Keep safe Zoe x

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely project and stunningcolours. Impressive.
Happy New 2022.

Karen Dunbrook said...

Happy New Year mf.
Many thanks for all the times you have visited my blog and left me such kind comments...so appreciate.
Love this beauty.
xx Karen

Jannet said...

Wishing you all the very best for 2022, let’s hope this year will see the end of the pandemic! Stay safe xx

cotnob said...

This is beautiful Kate, a lovely Christmas card;
I hope you have enjoyed your break.
Wishing you a happy and healthy New Year.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Christine Harrop said...

I missed this pretty card Kate.Christmas can be a difficult time for some people. For us Christmas Day is the anniversary of my dad's death. He loved Christmas so much that we all tried to celebrate for him. The phrase "fake it till you make it" is true. There is always a little sadness, obviously, because we lost mum two weeks before Christmas a few years later but we concentrate on the many, many good Christmases we had as a family. I have never seen the musical version of Christmas Carol but I really must try to check it out. Hope you and Alastair are well and enjoyed some time with your family. Hugs. Christine xx

Sue said...

Gorgeous background and lovely card. Happy New Year Kate, hope that 2022 brings some peace and relief to all of us, it's been a long haul.....

Hugs
Sue

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

What a pretty card x