Wednesday 21 April 2021

A Cocktail for a 30th Birthday!

Hi there, I hope all's well with you and that you have the lovely sunshine we have today....cool in the shade though.

Alistair is away to the Torridon range of mountains today, a bit further afield for him now that we can travel further, he's with his friend Derek, so no doubt they will have a smashing day, but come home exhausted.

I got my second jab on Monday and apart from a bit of a painful arm and a headache the following morning all's well, just so glad to have got it, especially as there are so many around the world who are not getting the vaccine, due to immoral, inhumane, and monster greed politics of the western countries. I get so angry about this kind of thing. A world pandemic and heads of government are playing a lottery with the vaccine. Anyway I consider myself fortunate.

Moreen, my DiL has asked me if I could make a card for her brother to give to his daughter for her 30th birthday. The remit was cocktails, dining out, gyms, here's what I came up with;


 I thought this image by Pink Gems would be just perfect for Anna, and the best thing of all was that I didn't have to colour it. It's a digital sheet so it was just a question of cutting it all out. I've decoupaged the cherries and the butterflies, and added Glossy Accents and glitter. I will make a box for it, and I've plenty of images left to decorated the box.

Thank you so much for your lovely comments on my last card, your comment are always appreciated.

Did you know that today is National Tea Day? well I'm away to make myself a cuppa, put my feet up and have a read. Take care of yourselves and see you soon,



21 comments:

Valerija said...

Fabulous card and fun image. Love it!
Valerija xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! Kate this is beautiful, a lovely image and design and I love the cherry and blossom. Your card will look so impressive in a box. Funnily enough, I have just come in (yes it's chilly here too, this evening) after taking a photo of our cherry blossom tree in blossom.
Good to hear your jab was OK with little side effects.
Faith x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Glad you have had your second jab. I will have mine Saturday. So glad our Government was forward thinking in ordering them and the NHS are doing a marvellous job. India is in a terrible state, upsetting to see these countries. Anyway your card is fab, love this image and.I love the extra elements like decoupaging and gloss accents. Goodness must use mine again. All these things we have and forget about.

Jannet said...

A fabulous 30th card Kate. Good news that you are fully vaccinated now. Take care x

Jackie T said...

Hi Kate this is a gorgeous card. I love it. I am pleased that you have had your second vaccine. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Marlene Atkinson said...

So glad you have had your 2nd jab, it is a good feeling knowing that we have had it. Your card is gorgeous. If you fancy meeting for a coffee, I'll up for that, it is ages since we have seen each other. Marlene

Jennifer Johnston said...

WOW Kate ! I love this 'young at heart, cool, modern card. Ideal for a 30 year old. I think the recipient will love it too.
So pleased to hear you have had your second jab. Enjoy the sunshine, seems it is set fine for a few days.
Love & Hugs Jennifer xx.

Mac Mable said...

What a thoughtful and unique card with a fun image and pretty decoupage x. So glad you've had your second vaccination x.

meg said...

A fabulous card Kate,

Wendy L said...

I think it fits the remit perfectly Kate.
Yes we are lucky to be getting the jabs, I had my 1st last week, quicker than I thought over here, my John still waiting.

brenda said...

Same lovely sunshine here Kate, down side is that the hard night frosts have come at the worse time for the blossom just forming in the orchard.

Pleased you had your second jab, mine is tomorrow, feels like small steps in the right direction.

Loving the fin image on your card.

B x

cotnob said...

A super card Kate, a fabulous image and lovely decoupage details.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Anet's Crafting said...

Hallo Kate, your card is just beautiful. Love all the pretty detail. Hugs Anet.

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh what agreat make, I love Pink Gems their images are super. Hope Alistair had a great walk up the hills. Been lovely weather here too, hope you have a great weekend, Hazel xx

Diane said...

OH! Kate this is beautiful, what a lovely image and design.

Hugs Diane

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous card, always love your creations and colours are gorgeous. xx

JD/ Jill said...

Lovely birthday card. We get our second jab on Tuesday!

Karen Dunbrook said...

so delightful
xx Karen

Sue said...

She had to love this card!! How fun, with a lot to look at and enjoy! Nicely done, Kate.

Hugs
Sue

Pat said...

Such a pretty and fun card for your DIL's brother to give to his daughter, perfect with the coctail theme and love the papers and the super cherries and the beautiful flowers and butterflies. x

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Gorgeous x