Friday 30 May 2014

An Oldie For Friday!

Hello Everyone, I hope you are well, but if not I'm sending out kind thoughts that you will feel better soon.

I want to thank everyone who had some lovely comforting words about the loss of our friend Ian whose funeral was yesterday.  It still seems very unreal to me, I think the shock was so deep.  Alistair was asked to say a few words and he had been working on it all week, he did really well, having to cut an hours worth of words down to just five minutes was no mean feat.  He had everyone laughing and couldn't have given Ian a more fitting and loving tribute of their friendship.  Ian's family were so pleased and I was so proud of him, especially as he had to wipe away a good few tears.  Ian's son and daughter have asked him to go walking with them next week, they feel such a connection to their dad through Alistair and all his stories.  So, it's just getting on with it for family and friends now.

I am joining Erika of Snappycrafts and Patricia of Summerhouse Crafts in posting an oldie;
It's a cracker, is it not. It's one of the first cards I ever made, long before I had dies or markers or even decent card blanks.
I was buying like mad from Create and Craft and had watched a programme from Crafter's Companion, showing a CD of Poppets, can't remember the proper name at the moment. It's all from the CD except for the awful red card and the mirri card.  All the images from the CD are however very sweet, shame about the design.  Everybody has to start somewhere.

I'll bid you all good night, it's quite late now and I'm working tomorrow.   Make sure you have a really good weekend, whatever you're doing.


14 comments:

Sue said...

Love these little children images, they are precious. Don't be so critical, it is a lovely card, and I am sure you were very proud when you finished it. New supplies come out daily and new techniques, some of my older simpler cards were quite pretty when I see them now.

Speaking about someone dear that has passed is so hard to do when your emotions are at such a peak, good for Alistair that he could do that for his friend and the family, I am sure it meant so much to them.

Hugs
Sue

Patricia said...

Good morning Kate,
So glad you have joined in and with a super card as well.
I love using these images they are so pretty.
We all had to start somewhere and I for one think this is an amazing card for a beginner.
Glad it went for Alistair, not an easy thing to do but he got there and will be forever glad he did it.
Have a great weekend ......... we will!!
Hugs a plenty

Patricia xxx

Anet's Crafting said...

Hallo Kate, your card is beautiful. I love that cute little girl image she is adorable. You and Alistair sounds like good friends to have and I think Ian's family appreciates the two of you allot. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs Anet

Marie-Louise said...

Lovely card Kate. Not a thing wrong with it. Well done to Alistair.

Life and Knits said...

Oh dear Kate, I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. The card is lovely.

Take care,
Susie

Hazel said...

Kate, I am so glad Alistair managed to give his friend a good send of. As for your oldie it's great, and I for one do think that since die cuts came on the go we all loved the cards that were made from CD images. I am just having 5mins cool time in the room weather gorgeous but at the minute a bit hot for me. Enjoy your weekend. Hazel xx

Lorraine said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend.

Great card!
Have a lovely weekend
Lorraine x

rachel said...

such a lovely image Kate - your card is gorgeous. I do hope work wasn't too bad today! Big Hugs rachel xx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
How brave of Alastair. Not sure I could've done that. . . . .I weep at sad items on the news! Hopefully, he will feel the connection to Ian through Ian's children when they go walking. I'm sure that he will remember him with the scent of the heather, a bird on the wing and the rush of wind across the hills. Sorry, thats a bit poetic for me but you know what I mean.
Anyhoo, don't knock your Paintbox Poppets. Wait til you see some of my early efforts. Nothing wrong with your card at all chuck.
Best wishes.
Ang x

Sue said...

It really can't have been easy for Alistair but you both will have so many memories to cherish ..your card is fab and I've got this cd LOL huggles Sue xxx

pam said...

hi Kate, sorry for the loss of your friend, so brave of Alistair , no way could my hubby do that.
beautiful card..love the lovely image.
pam

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hi Kate so pleased Alastair's eulogy went well it is so difficult to get into words how you feel and I am sure it must of been a great comfort both to Ian and his family and Alastair. Love your trip down memory lane, Susan x

Sandy said...

An oldie but I very good goodie!
Sandy xx

Erika said...

Hi Kate and thanks for joining me on Friday with your oldie.
A sweet image it is too.
I do love to see how folks style has changed over the years.

I'm glad your friends funeral went as well as could be expected especially Alastair's speech, that must have been very hard for him to do. Great to hear that the family want to keep in touch too, that should help all parties.

Take care and thanks for sharing, hugs Erika. x