Friday 5 July 2013

A Cutie Patootie in a Puddle!

Good Evening All, what a lovely day here in Inverness, warm and sunny and it would make you think that at long last Summer is here.  Alistair was away from 5am hillwalking and has returned bright red, but saying what a marvellous day it had been.  He tells  me he has used the sun screen, but who knows.

I hope the sun has been shining for you wherever you are.

Thanks for all the lovely comments on yesterday's card and also my scarf. Now I had to laugh as quite a few of you thought I'd made a hat too, so I had a look at my post just to see what others were seeing and sure enough, it does look as if there is a beanie hat there too, but, no it is just a scarf, which is threaded through a sort of buttonhole.  I would do a hat if I had a pattern, but I don't know if I could stand all the ripping out again when I loose count of the stitches .

I spent a lovely afternoon with a friend who is also one of my colleagues from my work, in fact she is the only one of them who has kept in touch and supported me through my upset, I'm still not back yet, and not a peep from anyone else, it makes me wonder about the 14 years I've spend with these people.  Note to self "don't dwell on it".  Karen made a lovely lunch and we had a good old blether and a lot of laughs, and that's something I'm not doing too much of these days.

So here we are again at the start of the weekend, my how time flies, it's scary.  I am going to a craft demo tomorrow at Howdens, one of our local craft shops and really my favourite one, and will meet my friend Margaret there who is also a crafter, and of course I hope Wendy of Confessions of a Papersniffer who usually comes with her mum and a few other crafty folk. Not much else planned over the weekend, just take it as it comes.

So on to my card of today;
It's a simple little card made with a little already coloured image that I found in my Little Claire stamp box which was a freebie with one of my orders a while ago.
The card blank I had in my box and it was already embossed with the butterflies which I inked with Dusty Concord and Tumbled Glass DI.
LOTV Nitwits Promised Paper pad
XCut Butterfly punch
Papermania Gems and ribbon from my box.

I didn't bother with a sentiment at the moment., like I said very simply put together.
I think I'll be forgoing Corrie tonight as I hear the tennis is on, but it is Andy Murry, so I'll just pour a G&T and relax.  I don't understand the game, but Alistair is a good armchair umpire.
Have a lovely weekend Everyone,

Hugs Kate x



14 comments:

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
Glad you have had some sunshine. Its been glorious here today. A pretty card and the butterfly embossed card is really lovely.
Look forward to hearing your tales of Alistair's kitchen adventures in November. Enjoy the tennis. Murray is making a meal out of this! x

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Lovely card Kate and such a sweet image
jacqui xx

Unknown said...

Beautiful Kate I love the card and the image goes really well with the butterflies!! It's been gorgeous down here in Kent as well!

Crafty Hugs
Heather xx

Sandy said...

Hey Kate! It might be simple to you but I think it is simply beautiful!! What a sweet image and I love those butterflies.
Sandy

Sue said...

Oh, I was one of the comments that made you laugh then Kate- it really did look like a hat to me!! Glad I'm not the only one that made the mistake!
Your card is gorgeous, I love the sweet image and pretty colours.
I am pleased you had a good time with your friend today. I hope you have fun at the craft demo tomorrow.
Sue xx

pam said...

another here who thought there was a hat!!!!.
lovely card Kate, that image is beautiful
pam

Rita said...

Beautiful card Kate. I'm so glad Andy held his nerve and won his way through to the final. Hugs Rita xx

Hazel said...


Kate, just love your card and that embossed butterfly folder is gorgeous. Have a good day out tomorrow. If my visitors weren't coming here for breakfast before they head south I would have been away with Patricia to see Sue Wilson in Aberdeen.

Hazel xxx

Wendy Fraser said...

Sweet card, such a lovely image. we'll be at the demo tomorrow, we'll be there for a bite of lunch and then catch the afternoon make, hope to see you there, feel free to join us for lunch if you like, we'll probably eat at about half 12ish. xx

Marie-Louise said...

Gorgeous card Kate. Such a cute image.

Diane said...

Fabulous embossed background with your pretty image and sweet bow.

Regards diane

Patricia said...

Brilliant card Kate, great image and that embossed card is beautiful.
I thought it was a folder that I was going to "need"
Have a great time and hope you meet lots of friends
Hugs

Patricia xxx

Patricia said...

Brilliant card Kate, great image and that embossed card is beautiful.
I thought it was a folder that I was going to "need"
Have a great time and hope you meet lots of friends
Hugs

Patricia xxx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Ooops I was another guilty one that thought it was a hat! A lovely card today Kate love the colouring on the butterflies! Susan x