Monday 1 October 2012

Some of my projects

This is my current project and what a joy knitting with yarn is, it has such a lovely feel to it. It's by Malabrigo Merino Wool, colour 173 Stonechat.  This is the first sock in the pair and I was going to give them a Christmas prezzies but I'm now thinking I'll keep them for me.

This scarf is made from Shilasdair baby camel and silk yarn and is called zig zag.  I finished it earlier on in the summer and not sure who will receive it at Christmas yet.  For some reason it took me ages to knit it and it's only 4 rows of pattern.  This photo doesn't show the colours well but it's a lovely caramel shade with dusky pink.
Shilasdair is a yarn company in Skye and their yarn is beautiful.  They sell ready made garments and kits, this was made from one of their kits.


As I said yeasterday i managed to get some cards made, so here they are:
 This one is made using Spellbinders Snowflakes on a snowflake embossed card and embellished with gems and glitter.  This is the first time Iv'e attempted to use these dies and I found them quite fiddley to tease out, I thinks the more detailed the die is the more difficult it is to cut and remove.  Nevertheless, I'm quite pleased with it and as it's not a commissioned card, I think it will do.
These Christmas Tree cards are made using a Woodware clear stamp which I bought last year and never used.  I had seen card examples in Making Cards and just loved the stamp.  I thought they looked very effective whilst being simple, and they shouldn't cost too much in the post.

I won't get any crafting done tonight as I'm off to do my other stress buster, singing.  I sing with the Inverness Choral Society and at the moment we are rehearsing for our concert in the local theatre, Eden Court, in November.  Vivaldi's Gloria is one of the pieces we are doing and it is one of my favourite pieces of music.
Mendelssohn's Hymn of Praise is the other one which I'm not so keen on, I think he was a bit stuck for lyrics as it's so repetative, still the music will help to destress me.

Hopefully more news tomorrow, bye x

3 comments:

Wendy Fraser said...

Gorgeous make Kate, great to see your blog up and running, it looks fab xx

Marie-Louise said...

Marvellous knitting - they both look great. Fantastic cards. The snowflake is really lovely. I'm afrain that piece of music is not a favourite of mine either - and I don't even sing.

Erika said...

Kate loving your snowflake and tree cards. Remember to use wax paper with your dies and it will help them come out easier.
Thanks for popping over to my blog and your kind words, happy crafting!
Hugs Erika.