Saturday 17 December 2016

Knitted Gifts!

Hello Everyone, how are you All doing? I hope you are well and remaining sane in the run up to Christmas. I seem to be on track thankfully, with Damian working from home last week it meant I had time to catch up with things at home, and shopping. I even managed to get some parcels wrapped up, but my sellotape wasn't sticking so had to call a halt till I bought new sellotape.  These things are sent to try us, lol.

Thank you all so much for your visits and kind comments on my last card, I know how much time it all takes so it's all very much appreciated.

I'm sharing some of my knitting today,
These socks are for Damian, and the colours just happen to match his Football Team, Glasgow Rangers so, I expect they well go down well. Yarn used is by Arne and Carlos.
 More socks made for a friend in fabulous Noro Kueryon sock yarn, a fabulous slubby yarn and knits up so well.
A cowl for Moreen, The Fisherman's  Wife  Cabled pattern, knitted in Stylecraft Chunky yarn. Knitted on size 10mm pins, and although it's a lovely piece I hat knitting with such large pins and thick yarn, I much prefer 3or 4 ply.

Now as some of you know I was taking part in the Carolthon with the Choral Society today,
Here is the only photo that Alistair took that turned out, battery ran out, so unfortunately, he has not captured the whole group, there are around 25 of us, anyway, here I am with my choir buddy Fiona. There was a good buzz in the shopping centre, so I hope we collected lots for our chosen charity.
We have a break now until January when we will start to practise for our Spring concert.

I was soooo tired this afternoon, I could hardly keep my eyes open, I had made a start on commenting and realised that I'd dozed off when my laptop landed on the floor. I had to go and lie down, now that is not like me, I did sleep though with Teallach beside me, and Alistair made the dinner.  I have been so incredibly tired lately, not sleeping well at all, can't think why really, perhaps one just has phases like that. Best not to worry about it though, just go with the flow, but I felt it such a wast of time going to bed in the afternoon.

Anyway, that's all from me tonight, my card making is all but stopped for present, just Alistair's card to do and I'll have a go at making some tags for the gifts. so until next time, enjoy your weekend and take care of yourselves,



17 comments:

Marlene Atkinson said...

Hi Kate, Love the knitted socks. I am still feeling very sore, bruised,
I have bruises where I didn't think you could get them. I hope yoy have a Happy Christmas and best wishes for the New Year. Marlene

brenda said...

As always a superb creations Kate, love the colours of the socks .

Enjoy the rest of the weekend and thanks for sharing the choral photo.

B x

Jane said...

Wow! I knew you had 'socks' in your blog name but I didn't realise you really are a talented sock maker too. I am so impressed. You should have a shop!!! :-)

Erika said...

Good to hear the singing went well yesterday. Hope you are a bit brighter today? I always find this time of year tiring as us women gallop around at full speed. Sleep when you can. x
Loving your socks, great colour combos and they look as if they'd be lovely and toastie to wear. Wish I could knit.
The scarf is beautiful too, love the pattern. Have tried something similar with crocheting but had to put it down. Just couldn't get it at all.

Hope you are enjoying the rest of the weekend, hugs Erika. x

Linda Simpson said...

Lovely photograph and lovely to hear the singing went well. Beautiful knitted presents and I too prefer knitting with 4 ply too. I have just finished a bolero for my friend for Christmas. Have a wonderful Christmas Kate.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Jennifer Johnston said...

Hi Kate, love all your knitted pressies. My word you have been busy. Hope you feel less tired soon. Take care.
Hugs Jennifer xx.

aussie aNNie said...

OOOOh love those gorgeous knits, Kate, you are a clever all rounder...the choir looks like they are really into it...would love to hear them..xx{aNNie}

Sue said...

Wow, Kate, you have quite the talent for knitting, and seems like it is very enjoyable to you to do. Gorgeous gifts.
If you aren't sleeping well at night, you gotta get the sleep sometime or it catches up with you. Take care of yourself, and enjoy a nap in the afternoon if you can.

Hugs
Sue

Diane said...

Hi Kate, wow love the socks and colors. Alistair's choir picture is certainly wonderful.

Best of the holidays.

Hugs Diane

cotnob said...

Fabulous knitted gifts Kate, you are very clever - I particularly like the socks for Damian, the pattern looks very complicated.
Pauline
x

pam said...

Fantastic knitted gifts Kate, glad Alistair manage a photo of you..
Pam x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Beautiful knitting, what lucky people, love the socks at the top

Sandy said...

I love the picture of you singing - since the camera petered out, I am glad Alistair got the one of you!!
I go through days of a lot of energy and then days when I am so tired. To night I am tired so will go to bed in a minute with my book and will probably fall fast to sleep.
Your knitting is wonderful!
Merry Christmas Kate!
Sandy xx

Flo Langley said...

Gorgeous makes Kate. Lovely photo. TFS. Hope you can catch up with your sleep. Wishing you and Alistair a Very Merry Christmas and Health and Happiness for 2017.
Take care, Hugs Flo xx

Barb said...

Hi Kate, Thank you for your visit. I do hope you are feeling a little more rested today. Your knitted items look beautiful. I love the colour of your socks and Moreen's cowl looks so lovely and snuggly.

Thanks for sharing the choir photo. I bet the acoustics were good in the shopping centre and hope you raised a good amount for your charity. I'm going to a Carol service with brass band at the village church tomorrow evening. It's raising funds for Milton Keynes Shelter. I've not got the best voice but I do enjoy singing carols and the mulled wine and mince pies afterwards will, I'm sure, go down well too. Barbxx

rachel said...

well done on your carolthon kate - it certainly looked warmer than night two of the village carol singing I did tonight!!! Love your knits - they are beautiful and you are super talented!!! Hugs Rachel xx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
As the proud owner of some of your socks I can testify to how wonderful and warm they are.
Glad your carols went well and hope you made lots of pennies for charity.
Best wishes.
Ang x