Thursday 15 August 2013

CCAYR Midway Reminder....Fussy and Fancy

Good Evening Blogging Friends, I hope you are all well and have had a good day.

Thank you all for your lovely comments about my Michael Powell card yesterday, very much appreciated.

This is just going to be a very quick post as Alistair is wanting on to the computer to email his pals about the next trip away, the man never stops.  How ever he did fore go his cycle today as he came with me to the eye clinic and we were so long, what a busy department, that it was too late to go out, and now it looks like it will downpour.

My eyes are fine, thankfully, I had them scanned and although there is damage nothing to worry about, and the consultant thought that the Diabetic Dept. were erring on the side of caution in referring me to him.  What a time we were in there though over 3 hours and half the time my vision was so blurred because of the eyedrops I couldn't read. poor Alistair fell asleep, it was so hot.

Here is my inspiration piece for CCAYR;
I've used, Chloe Stamp
Wow, Silver Embossing Powder
De'sire Sentimentals, Crafter's Companion Sentiment
Blue and Silver Glitter card
SB Corners from Frosty Forms
Tonic Snowflake Punch
Blue Gems from my stash

These Chloe stamps are just wonderful and it only took me 4 goes with the embossing to get it right, I'm getting better.
Anyway folks, why not join us at 

http://christmascardsallyearround.blogspot.co.uk/ , do pop over and see the other DT creations, there is still time to get your entry in.
That's all folks, have a good evening.
Hugs Kate x



28 comments:

Rita said...

Good Evening Kate. I love your card . Very elegant and Classy. Hugs Rita xxx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Fabulous Kate it looks really good with the embossing! I go to the eye clinic with my husband and its always busy here too! Susan x

Wendy Fraser said...

Beautifully card Kate, the embossing looks stunning. Glad it all went well at the eye clinic. xx

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Kate. I love the design and colours. Fab embossing too.
Lorraine x

Christine Harrop said...

Very elegant Kate. A really lovely Christmas card. Glad things went well for you today. Christine xx

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

beautiful card Kate xx

Tanya said...

Gorgeous card Kate! Love the embossing, very festive, I love shiny stuff for Christmas cards :D

Glad your eyes are fine too :)

Tags xx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Kate. I love the embossing.
Glad you got on okay at the eye clinic.
hugs Sue xx

pam said...

beautiful card Kate, love the stamped embossed detail.
glad every things is ok with your eyes
pam

rachel said...

gorgeous card Kate - just got this stamp - can't wait to use it!!!! Glad to hear your eyes are okay - fabulous xx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
Gorgeous card and great embossing. . . . . Looks gold on my screen rather than silver but great anyway.
Good news about the eyes. Just got to get next week out of the way now! x

Shona Hamill said...

Fab card Kate, love the colours. Glad everything went well at your appointment xx

Anet's Crafting said...

Your card is gorgeous. I love the stamp and corners. So glad to hear that everything went well at your appointment.

Dawn said...

Beautiful card, lovely embossing and I love the corner pieces. Glad to hear the news was good at your eye apt.

Hugs, Dawn

Unknown said...

Hello Kate

I'm seeing gold and blue on here but maybe my eyes are going! LOL! Whatever colour it really is this is a stunner of a card and I wish you luck. I might just have a go some time on this challenge it looks fun and as you know I am not slow at coming forward with my Chrimbo cards! :) Beautiful!

Crafty Hugs
Heather xx

Unknown said...

I have bought this stamp too after watching Chloe's last show on C&C, but have had to wait till I found a big stamp pad to use with it. I have not donw much stamping but loved this stamp so I am going to give it a go. Your card is beautiful Kate, good luck with the challenge. Good news about your eyes too.

Wilma x x x

Patricia said...

Good morning Kate, So glad your eyes are OK.
Your card is brilliant loving the concept.
I see it as gold on my screen but whatever the colour it is stunning
Hugs

Patricia xxx

Doreen said...

Love the colours and design....Gorgeous card.xxx

Hazel said...

Beautiful card for CCAYR, Katie - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for August - I'd love to see it there too. x

Sandy said...

A pretty card Kate but what I am going to celebrate is you good report from the eye doctor. Good Fathers, three hours - that in it's self would be tiring. I know you have to feel relived!
Sandy

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
what a super Christmas card. I too love Chloe's stamps. They are lovely.
Great design as always. Love the colours used. Fab embossing.
Have a wonderful crafty weekend.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
forgot to say so glad your eyes are okay.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

downrightcrafty said...

gorgeous and classy love it
Hugs Kate xx

Teresa said...

Gorgeous card Kate, so sweet.
Hope you have a lovely weekend
hugs Teresa

Hazel said...

This is gorgeous, Kate - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for August - I'd love to see it there too. x

rosie said...

oh wow!! this is amazing x

Unknown said...

I am so, so very glad your eyes are alright!!! What a scary thing it was not knowing. I love all the sparkle on your card :)


Best crafty wishes!
Amber
Staying Crafty

Erika said...

Great embossing Kate.
Hugs Erika.