Sunday 10 October 2021

Snowmen/Snow Families or Anything Goes for the CCC!

 Hello Everyone, I hope you are having a good weekend.

Autumn is really settling in now up here, my favourite season, the colours are just stunning and I'm always happier in winter clothing, so I've pulled out all the warm gear and put the summer togs away.

I've had plenty of time to do this is I was pinged on Wednesday by the Scottish Protect and Trace app. so I'm half way through the isolation period and have had my PCR test, though no result yet. I've been wracking my brain to think where I could have been in close contact with anyone for more than 15 minutes, I can only come up with my Aqua class. I feel absolutely fine, no symptoms, so hopefully the test will be negative. 

Alistair has been doing the shopping armed with a carefully written out list, Teallach was concerned that Alistair would come back with Chum rather than Felix lol.

Anyway, it's giving me time to catch up with chores, well both of us really, as although Alistair doesn't need to isolate, he decided not to go walking or sailing, just in case he compromised his friends.I was quite shocked to be pinged after having kept myself safe for so long.

Anyhoo, it's time for the Christmas Card Club to show off their latest cards and it's been yours' truly who has chosen the theme. Snowmen and or Snow Families, of course there's always Anything Goes as well.

Here is what I've made;




Everyone will recognise these LOTV digital prints, I've just added gems and sparkle.


Another LOTV image but this time coloured with Prismacolours, lots of sparkle and Glossy Accents on the little hearts. Last one;


Crafty Individuals this time and I've coloured it with Gel Pens of various makes, added gems and a few Christmas Floral die cuts in gold glitter paper. I have to say I enjoyed using the gel pens,

Well, that's my little lot, remember to look out for the other CCC girls makes, their cards are always fabulous.

Sorry I'm late in getting this posted, should have been up first thing this morning, but I was still making the cards, anyway better late than never.

Alistair is now back with the shopping, brilliant job done, everything on the list, and Teallach was happy as his favourite Felix Doubly Delicious Fish was purchased lol.

That's me for now, keep safe and hope I'll see you soon,




29 comments:

Zoe Tant said...

Hi Kate thanks for a fun challenge. Love your selection of cards with so many different snowmen. I like Autumn too and the colours although I think Spring just beats it as my favourite. Keep safe Zoe x

meg said...

You've been busy making cards for your challenge Kate,a beautiful selection of snowpeople cards LOTV have gorgeous snowmen/families images.Hope your text result is back soon

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Wow you have been busy. so many lovely Christmas cards and all with gorgeous snowmen images. Thanks for a fun challenge theme.
Lorraine

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Great cards you know I love snowmen. Hope your test is negative x

dutchess said...

Lovely snowmen cards Kate…all so different and perfect for the challenge
Just like you all my summer stuff is washed and put away and out with my winter cosys…..hope you get your results quickly and can get back to normal….take care xxxx

brenda said...

A super collection of Snowy cards Kate. Please Alistair got the shopping all correct, not sure the same would happen here.

B x

Jackie T said...

Hi Kate all your cards are gorgeous. I am sorry you got pinged. We were pinged last Christmas and we had no idea where from. It will be over soon. I am glad you have no symptoms. Have a good week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Flo Langley said...

Beautiful cards Kate. You've inspired me to get going on the Christmas cards. Hope everything is ok with your test. Hugs to you both, Flo xx

Mrs A. said...

One good thing about only having flip top phones is that you can’t get pinged!, . Not that we go/see anyone Other than the postman and delivery drivers who are all very good and are always half way down the garden path back to their vans by the time we can get to the front door. Thank-you for your well wishes for The Doc. He has been trying to get out of having this op for yrs but the hospital won’t let him off this time and wait and watch is no longer an option for him. I did have fun with your theme of snowmen. Always a challenge to colour first and then hunt down matching papers.. I love all your collection of snow families. Hugs Mrs A.

Gibmiss said...

Hi Kate
Fabulous cards …. You have been busy …. Glad you ok …
Hugs Sylvie xx

rachel said...

Great theme Kate - thankyou - and what gorgeous makes - wonderful! Well done you! Sorry you're having to isolate - hopefully your test will come back negative! Big hugs rachel x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Such sweet compilation of Christmas cards! All adorable!

Wendy L said...

All lovely cards, you can't go wrong with LOTV images.
Hope your test is negative, xx

cotnob said...

A super collection of Christmas cards Kate, you have lots of fun snowman images.
It's still sunny and warm down here, not quite in T-shirts bit definitely not jumpers yet.
I hope you are OK and your test is negative.
Take care.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Hi Kate sorry to hear you have been pinged but as you say it gives you a chance to get those chores done. So glad to hear that Alistair got the right cat food, although my Izzy would turn her nose up at felix she will only eat the gourmet cat food. Anyway love your Christmas cards, they are so cute. Keep safe and hopefully isolation will be over soon. Alison x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Good to hear you have no symptoms Kate, at least you get the shopping done for you ;D.
I love your cards, great images, colouring with gel pens? I shall have to try that! The added sparkle and little features make them very Christmassy.
Faith x

Sue said...

Wow you have been busy making all these stunning cards Kate..and pleased that Alistair got all your shopping right lol great to hear you have no symptons too take care hugs Sue x

Jules said...

Hi Kate

Pleased you are feeling well .. .. despite being "pinged" Fingers crossed your results will be negative.

At least you are able to crack on with things around the home whilst your "personal shopper" is working hard.

I am loving all your snowmen cards. I bought the image on your third card but haven't coloured it up yet.

Hope you continue to feel well.

Love Jules xx

aussie aNNie said...

Beautifully designed cards and love those snowmen and colours...xx

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

That's a really lovely selection of cards Kate x

Mac Mable said...

What cute cards with fabulous snow people images x. I hope you've managed to stay well and the test comes back negative. Was surprised to read that you had been pinged as I know you've stayed pretty much close to home x.

Sue said...

WOW, sorry you are facing isolation not knowing if your are positive or not. But it is good that you are making the best of it. Hope all is well and your test comes back negative.

Fun snowman cards, I do love me a snowman!

Take care

Hugs
Sue

Valerija said...

These are all so beautiful, Kate. Love the cute images.
Valerija xx

MiamiKel said...

Oh Kate, what a delightful cache of cards but the second one down with the gnome hat - oh my goodness, a cutie! I love the softness they have like a storybook! Just GORGEOUS! Big hugs! xx

wannabcre8tive said...

Super cute Christmas cards. You have been busy.

Christine Harrop said...

Hi Kate, A great challenge, thanks. You have given us a fabulous array of different snowmen. What a shame about being "pinged". Hope it all turns out well. Christine xx

JD/ Jill said...

Cute Snowmen cards!

Pat said...

These are all so pretty Kate and the LOTV prints always works so well, and the CI stamp gives lots of scope for some wonderful colouring, and also the one above which you have added your own colours to and love the die cuts and embellishments you have used too. Sorry you were pinged but by now I know the isolation will be over. Glad Teallach got the Felix fish food he loves. x

Karen Dunbrook said...

All are so totally delightful!!
xx Karen