Tuesday 23 February 2016

Crackled Rose!

Hello Everyone, I hope you are all well and have had a great day.

We have had sunshine and snow flurries today, and really cold, but a healthy sort of day.  I just hope there won't be snow overnight as I am having a day out to Glasgow tomorrow and having to start out early. It's a long journey, but would you believe it, I enjoy sitting and reading, knitting and just taking time out for myself, and Alistair will pick me up from the bus station at night.  It's been ages since I've been away anywhere so I'm looking forward to it.

I've just been ooing and ahing at the loveliest story on tonight's news, perhaps some of you might have caught it, the baby gorilla that was born with a c section brought into the world by a surgeon more used to human babies. Imagine being part of that, totally amazing.  Had a lump in my throat watching it, and in he midst of all the awful news just now it's just great to hear of good things happening.  Certainly made a change from the rumbling about will we or will we not leave the EU, sick to death of that one and there is still months to go.

Anyhow, I'm here with another card made with the new stamps from Chocolate Baroque which you can find here, do visit their shop as they have the most beautiful stamps.
Crackled Rose this time and again coloured with my Kuretaki  watercolour paints. in shades of lavender. I've used a bit of a mask from Imagination Crafts to give interest on the background. An Xcut die shape, lace and ribbon and a sentiment from Crafters Companion and some glitter pen.

I hope you like this one. Thank you all for the kind comments on my CCC card, I hope you managed to see the other cards by the other club members, every one was a stunner.

Early bed for me tonight, well not this early, it's only just after 7pm, but hope to see you all again soon, take care and keep cosy,

27 comments:

Rita said...

Good Evening Kate. Such a beautiful card and the colours wonderful. Enjoy your day in Glasgow, wish I'd know sooner and I would have travelled up to have a coffee and cake. Maybe sometime soon. Hugs Rita xxxx

rachel said...

this is beautiful Kate - need to get mine inked up!!! I hope you have a great day at Glasgow tomorrow. I lived there for a few years and did enjoy the city! Big hugs rachel x

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Kate, your rose is gorgeous and I love the pretty colours you have chosen.
I hope you have a lovely day tomorrow.
Pauline
x

Patricia said...

Kate, I LOVE your card.
It's a pity you were niot doing that a week on Thursday.
Hazel and I are going through for the Hobbycraft show at SECC.
Have a fantastic day, I love Glasgow, my favourite Scottish City.
Patricia xxx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Kate, the colours are stunning.
Thank you for your kind wishes, it means so much.
hugs Sue xx

pam said...

Gorgeous card Kate, love the beautiful colours on your stamp image, great background.
Have a lovely outing.
Pam x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

That's a beautiful stamp Kate and your card is gorgeous. Such a pretty shade of lilac for the flower. I hope you have an enjoyable day tomorrow and don't spend too much :)
Lorraine

Anet's Crafting said...

Hallo Kate. Beautiful and elegant card, love the pretty Rose Image and the colour combination. Hugs Anet x

scrappymo! said...

Here are good wishes for a perfect day out in Glasgow...it sounds like fun!

Your card is really pretty. I like that crackled look on your card.

Jane said...

Simply beautiful Kate....love CB stamps.

Jane said...

Simply beautiful Kate....love CB stamps.

aussie aNNie said...

Love this, so beautiful Kate, the rose is amazing and the colours and design....just fabulous.xx
{aNNie}

Barb said...

Morning Kate - I'm behind time with my visiting. Your card is absolutely lovely. What a gorgeous stamp and I love the colours you've used for your card.

I loved the item about the baby gorilla too Kate. Actually I rewound and watched it again and can you image that lucky lady took it home to look after overnight. Barbxx

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

So beautiful Kate!!! The purple flower really pops. Have a wonderful day.

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Kate, love the pretty flower.
Lorraine x

dutchess said...

Lovely card Kate....hope you had a good day out,we have been in Inverness today and over to Invergordon to visit my aunt in the hospital..driving back tomorrow so hope there are clear roads for our 8hour drive...such fabulous scenery....xxxxx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Gorgeous colour on this beauty. Have a lovely day out

Jules said...

Hi Kate

That is one gorgeous stamp .. .. and you have used it beautifully. Love all the crackle in the background!

Hope you managed your early night. Every morning we say "Let's be early tonight" but we never seem to manage it LOL!!

Thank you very much for your lovely comment on my blog. It means a lot.

Love Jules xx

Erika said...

I thought the story of the gorilla was so cute too. Bless. I bet the surgeon enjoyed the experience too.
Another lovely card Kate, love the added sparkle on the rose.

Hugs Erika. x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
Wow, that rose looks amazing. That's some painting prowess you have there.
Hope you had a lovely trip down to Glasgow.
Best wishes.
Ang x

meg said...

Hi Kate, love the shade of lilac/lavender you used to paint your rose stamp, it's really beautiful.Hope you enjoyed your day out

hotpotato said...

Big waves to you Kate from a semi sunny Suffolk. Hope this finds you well. xx

Janina

Peanut said...

This is lovely, Kate. I'm glad you're having so much fun with these new roses. They gorgeous, aren't they?
x Asha

Jennifer Johnston said...

Hi Kate, loving this card, so pretty and the Imagination stencil
makes a brilliant background for your card. Lilacs and lavenders are my favourite colours.
Hugs Jennifer xx

Sandy said...

Hope you had a good day out -- can you read and such on the bus?
Your card is lovely as is your painting.
Sandy xx

Anne said...

Very pretty Kate, love that crackle effect.
I saw the baby gorilla on the news, wasn't it lovely to see such heart warming news for a change.

Anne x

Sue said...

Gorgeous card, Kate. The crackle is wonderful. Loving the colors you chose too.

Hugs,
Sue