Friday 15 August 2014

Sparkly Baubles for CCAYR!

Hello My Blogging Friends and of course Visitors, and welcome to my wee space in Blogland.
I hope everyone is feeling good ad keeping healthy, but if not, I hope you feel better soon.

Thank you all for your super comments on my last creation, very much appreciated, all the more so as I was a bit stumped for what to do.

I'm really sorry not to have managed much commenting on your blogs over the last few day, but there wasn't all that much time as we had visitors.
 We all had a great time, but oh the weather was so awful, and scuppered our plans as roads were flooded. the main road in to Ullapool was flooded and we couldn't get to the Geology Field for Kerr, then we thought we would go to Gairloch, that road was flooded too.  Poor wee guy spent hours in the car for no benefit, and at 10 years that's quite hard to take.  The next day Alistair was taking him fossil hunting and the tide was in and it was lashing rain. However Kerr managed to find a tiny piece of mudflat with a small fossil, so he was delighted, soaked, but happy.  We are thinking there is a jinx somewhere as every time he comes to Inverness the weather is beyond dreadful.  Last October when he was here it was the snow that stopped the fossil hunt.

Now I have to set folk's mind at rest about my safety at work after mentioning that we had to call the police a couple of times last week.  I work in a Mental Health Drop In Centre, and very occasionally there is someone who becomes so disruptive and abusive, that we do have to call in the police, thankfully it doesn't happen all that often, and the staff can usually diffuse the situation, but this time this individual had been building up to cause trouble, which has now resulted in an exclusion from the centre.  I believe he has put in a complaint about me and another member of staff, but hey ho it's all part of the joys of the job.  It's also a great excuse for a large G&T when I get home and just another day in Gotham City.

Had a lovely meet up with Hazel, Patricia and Elaine on Saturday, the time went all too quickly, but we manged to catch up, and it was so good to see them.  We are once again going to the NEC in Birmingham in November, which won't be all that long the way the weeks are flying by.

Anyway, on to my card which is my inspirational card for; http://christmascardsallyearround.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/august-challenge.html
and the theme is Sparkle and Shine.
I've used:  Bauble image, Paper and Sentiment from CC.
Snowflake acetate
MB Frosty Border and Corner Dies
 Tattered Lace Bow Die
Embossialicious Holly Embossing folder
Lots of Star Dust

I hope you like it, but please do pop into the Challenge Blog and see what my very talented Team mates have created.

I hope I can get around your blogs soon, but take care everyone and good night,
 

 

20 comments:

vic said...

Wow this is so pretty Kate :) I'm
Glad you had fun with your friends :)
Hugs
Vic x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Love your pretty aperture card Kate, the snowflake acetate really feels Christmasy. I'm going to the NEC in November too, hubby carries the bags while I drool over the goodies on the stands, lol. I look forward to my crafty outing twice a year as there are very few craft shops near to where I live. Most of my craft shopping is done online which isn't quite the same as seeing it in front of you.
Lorraine

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,such lovely details.xxx

downrightcrafty said...

so sparkly and super aperture love it
hugs Kate xx

Anet's Crafting said...

Hallo Kate, your Christmas card is just gorgeous, I love the inside and outside. Your dies are beautiful. Just stunning. Have a wonderful weekend. Anet x

Jacee said...

Such a lovely card Kate, I love the peeking through element of this card, so fab, love it.
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Hazel said...

Kate. I did think when I saw how bad the weather was that again poor Kerr wouldn't get fossil hunting, what a shame but at least he still had some fun. Another great card from you. Oh yes we had a great meet up even if just for a short time. Enjoy your weekend. Hazel xxx

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous card Kate, love these 'peek a boo' cards and all your dies are gorgeous...xxx The Journey is the Start


meg said...

Beautiful card Kate it feels as though I am looking through a window and seeing the baubles hanging. Love the die cuts too. Hope you are not too busy when you are back at work and that the weather improves.

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

This is fab Kate, I love the acetate! Such a shame about your poor visitor that is the only problem with the UK our unpredictable weather because when the sun is out you can't beat it! Have a wonderful weekend, Susan x

scrappymo! said...

This is so beautiful. The acetate window is wonderful. I have not tried acetate yet but I sure love the look of it. You will get me hooked on making this style of cards! lol

Patricia said...

Brilliant card Kate, love what you have done.
Great meet up and chat, hopefully we will get another before NEC in November.
Sorry the weather was so bad for the Fossil Hunters.
J, A & the boys were hampered by the rain while they were up your way.
Thank goodness John & I passed on that trip. My excuse was I was meeting up with you, which I got away with.
Have a fantastic weekend
Hugs

Patricia xx

Erika said...

Kate I think you picked the wrong week to go as the weather hasn't been bad till the last week.
Loving your card especially the selection if dies you've used.
Enjoy your weekend. Hugs Erika. X

Sue said...

Kate, a beautiful holiday card for sure. Love all the pretty dies you used and the paper is perfect to go with them.

Too bad about your terrible weather, but sounds like Alistair was a trooper and tried to do something special with the young lad. Maybe next time..........

Hugs
Sue

pam said...

hi Kate, love this beautiful Christmas card, beautiful dies and details.
Shame about the weather for your visitor..
pam

Sandy said...

Your Christmas card is delightful - full of sparkle and cheer!
It was kin of you to take the time to explain your job. Not easy work that's for sure. Sorry about the bad weather and the fossil hunting but at least one was found!
Once again, you have made a beautiful Christmas card!
Sandy xx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Kate. Such a wonderful festive design and I love all the beautiful detailing.
Sorry to hear that your weather hasn't been too good but I am pleased you had a lovely time meeting up with Hazel, Patricia and Elaine on Saturday.
Take care, hugs Sue xx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
Love your card. The acetate is gorgeous. Poor Kerr. Mind you, he probably still had a lovely time with you and Alastair.
Shouldn't wish our lives away but it will be good to see you all in November.
Have a great weekend.
Ang x

rachel said...

such a great card Hazel - so sorry to hear about the fossil hunting - its such a wonderful past time - so sad that the weather is causing such a problem! Big Hugs to you xx

Marie-Louise said...

Fantastic card Kate.