Monday 11 February 2013

Valentine You'er Mine!

Good Afternoon All and I hope you are all well.  It's been a lovely day here in old Inverness, really spring like, getting cold now though. 
Thank you all for the lovely comments on yesterday's card, I always look forward to reading them.

Well the BAFTA Boy won once again last night.  I saw a little clip at the end of the main programme where he was accepting his award and they showed a moment or two of his animated film.  I had a bit of a lump in my throat watching him and I'm not his mum, so I would imagine that Susan was just so proud.  I know she had a day off today cos no doubt there would be celebrations in the Anderson household last night, and a bit of a hangover today.  Susan has been my manager at work for 14 years and that's how long I have known Will, he was just a wee boy when I began my employment at the Cottage and he was always drawing, and even way back then you could see he had a future in art.

That's the good news, the bas is that I never got my gloves back.  I hope who ever has them finds them lovely and cosy and enjoys wearing them.

My card today is one for a friend who has a new man in her life, and didn't want a serious card, here it is;
I ound this image from Just Inklined and thought it would be perfect, coloured with Promarkers and then I decided to cut around it, now it isn't meant to be a heart, I just thought the piece of card was too big. Papermania embossing folder used on the red card, and black co-ordination card as the background.  Papermania hearts, Kirsty Wiseman sentiment and a computer generated one also.
I've tried to keep it quite simple and fun.

That's all from me tonight, off to Choral  rehearsl later, and as I missed last weeks because of the snow I'm sure there will be plenty to catch up with.

Have a good evening
Kate x

12 comments:

Patricia said...

Well!!! that made me smile!!!...........Love it.
Sorry you have not got your gloves back.
Enjoy your singing

Patricia xx

Marie-Louise said...

Brilliant Kate. Love the image.

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

What a brilliant image Kate
Great card
jacqui x

Hazel said...


Well Kate I just saw and heard your managers son get his award on the news, His mum must be so proud of him. As for your gloves, sorry to hear that you didn't find them that some people for you.

Now your card made me smile and I am sure your friend will love it.

Hazel

Sue said...

Sorry you didnt get your gloves back Kate:( but I saw the Bafta's :)) and he did so well!! this card made me chuckle its great hugs hun Sue J xx

Wendy Fraser said...

What fun, made me smile! xx

Alison Scott said...

Shame about your gloves.
Love the card. Pitched it just right for a new relationship.

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweet pea, this is STUNNING, hugs Pops x

Erika said...

Wow congratulations to your friends son, what an achievement. Loving your card too, right up my street, humour over slush anyday of the week!
Hugs Erika.

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
fab card. Love the image so great.
thank you for all your lovely wishes.
So glad your work friends son won at the Baftas.
Have a wonderful crafty evening.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Unknown said...

Better late than never. Just catching up on my browsing and love this card Kate. Your image is so different and yes, I had a laugh at it. Great news for Will and his mum bet she is so proud. Sorry to hear your gloves are still AWOL you best say bye bye to them now.

Wilma x x

Unknown said...

What a fun image! Made me laugh :)