Sunday 12 November 2017

Shimmer and Shine for the CCC!

Hello Everyone,  I hope you are fit and well, but for those who are not, I hope you will feel better soon.

Just a short scheduled post today as I'm up to my eyes having the living room decorated, so we are in in an upheaval. It's going well and I think the decorator is almost finished, but it's looking good. We will be hard at it getting everything back in situ tomorrow.


Thank you all so much for the super comments on Alistair's birthday card, you are very kind.

Anyway, another two weeks have flown past and it's time for the CCC ladies to share their cards, and this time Lorraine is the hostess and she has chosen Shimmer and Shine.
Now I usually do two or three cards, but as time was short and I had to be out of my craft room as that is where everything from the living room has gone to, it was rather a ruched job, in fact it was a botched job as I made a right mess of my card as I hadn't let the ink dry so smudged it all, so here is the second attempt;
I think you will have to enlarge to see any sparkle, but it is there.
All the images I've used are by JND and you can purchase them from Mrs. Duck here.
I've stamped the images in silver ink, but the sentiment and Santa are in black. Black glitter card. I left it without any embellishments as I thought it didn't need any.

That's it this time around, I hope your like it. Please check out what the other ladies create, there is always beautiful cards from them.

Whilst I'm up here in my bed room typing this out, the painter is downstairs and has his radio on and you'll never guess what he's listening to....Christmas songs!! it's Jingle Bell Rock just now but, there's been Santa Clause is Coming to Town, oh, now its Let it Snow, Let it Snow. Goodness knows what station he's on, however it's quite apt I guess. LOL.

I'll be back t o see you soon just whenever I have a chance, take care of yourselves
 

35 comments:

Rita said...

Beautiful card Kate. I think I've overdone it a bit on mine. Oh the joys. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xxxx

aussie aNNie said...

Shimmer and shine, a real beauty on a card.xx[aNNie]🎄

Valerija said...

Gorgeous little scene and wonderful card. I love it!
Valerija xx

Dortesjs said...

shine and sparkle, great card

brenda said...

A really lovely Wintery scene Kate which looks very stylish in the monochromatic colours. Hope you soon get your house back to rights.

B x

dutchess said...

Beautiful card Kate,a lovely Christmas scene....hope you get straight soon....xxxxx

meg said...

A beautiful scene Kate, using the silver and black inks was a great idea, love this card

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Oh this is gorgeous Kate, lots of lovely sparkle for my challenge this time. I love the beautiful little scene you have created here and the black glitter card provides a beautiful frame to show it off too.
Lorraine

Christine Harrop said...

You've created a lovely wintry scene Kate. A really gorgeous card. Hugs Christine xx

Wendy L said...

It still looks grand Kate, even if it was rushed, xxx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful silver design ! Very elegant :) xx

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous card Kate, love the scene and beautiful frame.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Anne said...

Lovely card Kate, you've created a beautiful scene. Hope your decorating went well, the smell of paint always reminds me of Christmas. My Dad was a painter and decorator and my Mum used to nag him all year to do ours and then it was all done at once before Christmas because people were coming!!
Love Christmas songs but a bit early yet!

Anne xx

MaryH said...

When it's enlarged, the sparkle shows very well! I love this composition and the way you've framed out the Christmas scene with the dimensional frame. Hats off to you at even getting the card done, with the upheaval of the decorating. Good luck at putting all the bits back when all is finished! TFS & Hugs (and I didn't think you needed any embellishments either. It's pretty just as it is!)

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Oh I hate an upheaval. Your card looks very pretty

Marlene Atkinson said...

We are upside down also, we are having a new carpet put in on Tuesday everything has to be out out of the living room and dining room. Your card is gorgeous. Marlene

pam said...

Wonderful Christmas scene on this lovely card Kate.
Hate having any decorating done.
Hugs Pam x

cotnob said...

A pretty card Kate, such a lovely scene.
I hope you are pleased with the decorating and manage to get everything sorted out tomorrow.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Maria - Ivyleaf Crafts said...

A lovely card I like the village scene. xxx

Mia said...

Great shinning card, Kate. The Christmas scene is great. I love white and black colours. Kisses, my friend.

Mac Mable said...

Such an elegant card and so very pretty and love the bling. Hope the decorator finishes soon and glad you've liked his choice of radio channel! x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Beautiful card, has a peaceful feel! Love the sparkle and the gems on the snowflakes!

Sue said...

Kate, what a wonderful scene you created in black and white. The Christmas village with Santa overhead is lovely. Good luck with the redo of your living room, will be so nice when finished. Going to be doing that in January!!

Hugs
Sue

scrappymo! said...

Your card is so soft and pretty. The village scene is beautiful and loving the border you created around it.
I smiled when I read about your worker listening tot he Xmas tunes. DH was complaining to day that there are Xmas movies on tV now...every day!

debby4000 said...

Beautiful scenic Christmas card.
luv
Debby

Cara said...

This is fabulous, love the sparkle and how delicately you've added it x

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous Christmas card Kate, love the wintery scene you've created
Lorraine x

Diane said...

Gorgeous holiday scene Kate.

Hugs Diane

Sandy said...

Smashing Christmas card Kate - elegant and fun!!
Sandy xx

Mrs A. said...

Silver and black look fab together and I love your little scene. Hope your all spic and span with the decorating all finished. Hugs Mrs A.

Jennifer Johnston said...

A very pretty scene you have created Kate, really elegant, love it. Hope your decorating is now all finished and everything back in its place.
Hugs Jennifer xx.

rachel said...

Great card Kate and how funny that Alistair was listening to christmas tunes! Hugs rachel x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
What a great card with John's stamps and the metallic pigment inks are lovely. Sorry, anything Christmassy before December makes me bah humbug lol!
Ang x

Karen Dunbrook said...

sweet card mf...love the vintage feel it has.
xx Karen

Barb said...

Well your second attempt turned out fine Kate. A very pretty scene with Santa looking busy. I had a card to make this afternoon and smudged it because I was in a hurry. Turned it over to put on DS tape and smudged the front! Barbxx