Sunday 19 November 2017

Floral Notes!

Hello Everyone, gosh it seems a while since I last posted anything. 
I hope you are all well and enjoying your weekend, and if like us up here n the frozen North, I hope you are keeping warm.

Although I've not been posting I've been trying to keep up with all your lovely creations, but I may have missed a few of you, so please forgive as I've been trying to get the living room back to normal again. We are there now, but it seemed to take for ever as we wanted to change the furniture around and our paintings, we have quite a few of those from our artist friend  and wanted to display them much better than before. I also lost some surfaces as there had been shelves on the walls that I didn't want any more, meaning that I had to find places for ornaments and photographs.  I now know why some people prefer minimalist. Anyway all the upheaval has been worth it as we think the room looks great, and thankfully Teallach has settled down now too, he was very stressed.

So, I have a card made a while ago but never posted;
Sorry about the photography, it's a bit pale. I've used an Imagination Crafts leaf stencil and the floral image and words are from CB Floral Notes stamp set. I've added some little butterfly gems. I think I coloured the flowers with watercolours, but can't remember what sort.

I've been trying when I've had time to get some Christmas gifts made, slow going though, what doesn't help is that I keep changeing my mind about what I'm doing, luckily I don't have many folk to make for.

Thank you all for your lovely comments on my last post and a warm welcome to my latest Follower, I'm afraid I don't know your name, but your blog is Cherished Happy Moments, so hello to you and thank you for clicking the Follow button, I hope you visit often.

That's me for now folks, enjoy the remainder of your evening and I'll see you soon,

28 comments:

Diane said...

Greetings Kate, love the gorgeous vase and leafy vines.

Hugs diane

Viv said...

So pretty!

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Kate, so pretty.
I'm so pleased that you are happy with your room and all of your hard work was worth while.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Marlene Atkinson said...

So glad you have finished putting things back after your decorating, we have just finished getting our rooms sorted since having the carpet put down, we have managed to put some things to the charity shop that we didn't want any more. i just love your card I have the images. Marlene

pam said...

Lovely card Kate, love the pretty colours.
Glad to hear you are back to normal! after the decorating! hate that job.
Hugs Pam x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Your card is so sweet! Love the scallop shape, it matches very well with the stenciled leaves and the words! The vase with the pretty flowers has a very delicate look!

Mia said...

I love your card, Kate. Beautiful edge, pretty leaves and the vase is amazing. Kisses, my friend.

aussie aNNie said...

A most pretty coloured card Kate, I love the soft look of this and the perfection of it...glad you posted.xx[aNNie]🎄

Valerija said...

Lovelyl soft colours. Beautiful card!
Valerija xx

meg said...

Beautiful card Kate and suitable for so many occasions glad the living room is finished and you love it Meg xx

brenda said...

Really love the soft pastel shades here Kate, nice reminder of Spring - just have to get through winter first.

B x

dutchess said...

Such a pretty card Kate...glad to hear you are back to normal after the decorating...such a stress and all the rest of the house seems to end up a mess too....just done our dining room.Have you had snow yet?...I saw that there had been some in the mountains I will miss coming up and seeing the beautiful scenery....keep warm xxxx

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous Kate, love the leafy border and soft colour palette.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Sue said...

Kate, glad your all done with your new living room redo. Lovely soft colors on your card and beautiful design. Change is so stressful on animals..gladhe is okay now.

Hugs
Sue

Lorraine said...

A lovely card Kate, gorgeous soft colours
Lorraine x

rachel said...

This is really beautiful Kate - the stencil really compliments the stamp! Gorgeous colours too! Big hugs rachel x

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Your card is lovely the stenciling compliments the pretty CB image very well. It's always fun to re organize, but lots of work. I would have to say I'm a minimalist (at least in the last 15 years or so) except in my craft 'cave'. I have a friend who calls that room "the room of a thousand things"... how true ! It's cold where we are as well, a little below normal for this time of year. But mid November until January tends to be a bit dreary. Well that's enough rambling from me, have a great week :) xx

Anne said...

I've seen so many Christmas cards on my travels in blogland that this made a lovely change! Very pretty Kate, I love how you've used that stencil

Have a nice day
Anne xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A pretty floral card Kate, lovely stamping.
Glad you are happy with your new room layout and that everything is back to normal now.
Lorraine

Mac Mable said...

Elegant card and so glad you've the lounge is sitting great for you x

Jennifer Johnston said...

Such a beautiful card Kate, I love the delicate colours and the flower image is very pretty. The Imagination Craft's leaf stencil is such a useful stencil to have in your craft stash. So pleased you have your room back to normal now, hopefully you can now relax in it. We have had the chimney sweep today, to sweep our stove chimney and I wasn't looking forward to it I have to say! I hate soot, it seems to get everywhere but, I was pleasantly surprised, there was not a speck anywhere to be seen lol, he was so brilliant, no mess at all, thank goodness. Have a good week Kate.
Hugs Jennifer xx.

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Bit late commenting on this one, very pretty love the soft colours. I’m not one for many ornaments these days I must say. Hope you soon have the room sorted

Pamellia said...

Beautiful card Kate. I love the subtle design and the pale colour palette, it's very feminine and soft! Seems like you've been hard at work there at home, hope we get to see some before and after shots. So I guess it's cold where you are? We are still getting rain this late in the year, I've only seen the squirrel water bowl freeze once and it melted a few hours later. hugs :)

Cara said...

This is so delicate, just gorgeous. Pleased to hear that you are back to normal after all the decorating and can now relax and enjoy it x

Barb said...

This is such a pretty card Kate and I love the soft colours. Well done getting your room re-arranged. Now you can sit back and enjoy it. Barbxx

Christine Harrop said...

Another lovely card Kate. Sorry I haven't been around much of late. Hugs Christine xx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
Very pretty card.
I was struggling to read the blog as the whole page was red with spots over it......don't know whats happened there.
Break a leg tomorrow.
Ang x

Karen Petitt said...

Crafters remorse is the most dreadful thing! I often start to create something and get distracted by another project or start to question my judgement with what I planned to make. It's a real annoyance! Everything on this card and the images is beautiful! I love how delicate you have been with all the details, sheer perfection sweet lady. Keep warm Karen xx