Tuesday 25 April 2017

Gifts!

Hello from the Wintry North!! My goodness has our weather turned pants or what, it's freezing and snowing, not lying thankfully on lower ground, but our mountains have a fair flourish to them. Of course that means the woollies are back and the heating is on.  Are you having much of the same?? I believe this is what is called the Lambing Snow, poor little creatures having to be out in this.

Apart from all the poor weather I hope you are well, but sending kind thoughts that you will feel better soon.
Thanks you all so much for your lovely comments on my Poppy card, I really appreciate each and every one of them.

We had our last rehearsal last night at the choral, it's our big concert on Saturday, and it went very well, I certainly feel more confident than I did a couple of weeks ago, pieces are wonderful, Bach's  Magnificat and Haydn Paukenmesse... Mass In Time Of War.  The Haydn is new to me but have sung Magnificat once before, and it's just as challenging as the first time which was 14 years ago.  Still it will be a fabulous concert, so looking forward to that, even though Alistair will miss it as he will be on his canoe weekend.... I've been racking up the Rain Dances, those who follow me  regularly will know what I'm talking about.

Anyway, enough of all that nonsense, I've a little something that I'm entering the CB colour challenge,
A tag, never really do these unless it's for Christmas, and indeed this is from the Gift of Christmas stamp set. There is a star on top of the image which I've not stamped to make it an anytime pyramid of gifts. I used DI on Silk Art Card which was fine for that part, but I then used Derwent Inkintense pencils and they didn't do so well on this particular card, but I've gone over some of the image with Sakura Gel pens. which also gives some sparkle. Added some ribbon which my lovely friend Ang (Mrs. Duck) gave me a while back and job done.  Here is the colour swatch for the challenge;

I've tried to interpret the colours, don't think I've done too badly.

That's me for today, I hope you are enjoying your day whatever your are doing...me.. well I'm off to see Milo and Rowan in a wee while, I wonder what we'll get up to today.
Take care everyone and see you soon,
I would like to enter my tag into ;http://chocolatebaroquechallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/challenge-thirty-four.html

29 comments:

Valerija said...

Super cute! Love the colours on your tag.
Valerija xx

Lorraine said...

A lovely tag Kate, gorgeous stamp and colour scheme.
I hope your concert goes well on Saturday
Lorraine x

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous Kate, love the beautiful colours and gifts stamp.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Sandy said...

Your tag is gorgeous Kate - I love the colors.
You must have the most wonderful voice and I am so glad you have this marvelous Chorus to participate with. It's nice to have a famous friend!!
Sandy xx

Dortesjs said...

this is great, and very fine inspiration ;O)

meg said...

Great take on the colours in the background Kate, love the stack of parcels and the way you used the other challenge colours in them. Really miserable here too, snow and hail for most of the day and bitterly cold in the wind

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A gorgeous colour combo to work with and your tag looks great!
A little sleet and rain here today and certainly colder than of late but nothing compared to your weather further North, hope things improve soon.
Lorraine

cotnob said...

A beautiful tag Kate, such a gorgeous background.
I hope your concert goes well and you enjoy the occasion.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
oh your weather sounds dreadful.
Our weather has truned slightly colder down south but nothing as bad as yours.
Thank you for doing the rain dance, but sadly it hasn't worked so far. LOL.
Love this wonderful tag and your interpretation of the colours is wonderful.
Great inking and colouring also.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

pam said...

Hi Kate, our weather has turned really cold too, biting wind, heating on for a couple of days too.
Love your tag, gorgeous image and colours.
Hugs Pam x

Jennifer Johnston said...

I love this tag Kate, so colourful and yes, you have definitely interpreted the colours beautifully. Lovely design. We have had the same weather as you, so.....cold Brr... Log burner and heating on again lol! some of your beautiful knitted socks may come in handy for you Kate lol. Have a good week.
Hugs Jennifer xx.

Unknown said...

This is a really fab tag! Love the background and border!
Lucy x

Marlene Atkinson said...

Gorgeous tag Kate, I love the colours. Marlene

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
Love the vibrant colours on your superb tag. That ribbon does work well. Good luck in the challenge. I thought of you when they were on telly the other day.
Don't know about lambing snow ........ it's called £#@€!&$ snow round these parts lol! Thankfully, ours was a 5 minute flurry that didn't settle.
Best wishes.
Ang x

Rita said...

Hello Kate. Your tag is gorgeous and the colouring is so beautifully done, No snow here so far, but chillier than it's been all winter though. Wish I could come to your concert and hear those wonderful pieces of music, so Good Luck for Saturday. Keep cosy and just be thankful your not going with Alistair canoeing. Hugs Rita xxx

brenda said...

It's a tad cold down here in the Fen's as well Kate and one of our sons and DIL are in Scotland at the moment and said they had snow Monday.

A super card for the current CB colour challenge, great stamping and real depth of colour.

B x

judith@poppy cottage said...

A super tag Kate, great interpretation of the colour scheme. Thanks so much for your entry into the Chocolate Baroque Challenge. Keep warm, as Brenda said in her comment, it is very chilly down here too, but maybe not quite so cold as you have it there ;) Judith xxxx

Flo Langley said...

Stunning tag Kate. Have a wonderful time at the concert. Hope Alistair's canoeing adventure goes well. Rather him than me...Brrrrr!
Hugs Flo x

aussie aNNie said...

GORGEOUS card Kate, love this stamp too. I have just stamped mine for the next challenge and am loving the colours.xxx ♥[aNNie]

Cara said...

Just fabulous. I hope the rain dances work! I met a friend for coffee on Tuesday and it was trying to snow when we came out in the foothills of the Pennines. It had been glorious sunshine when we arrived. Have fun with the concert. Cara x

Diane said...

Wonderful colors and tag design Kate.

Hugs Diane

aussie aNNie said...

Thank you for the congrats on my win Kate, your turn now...xx ♥[aNNie]

Marianne's Craftroom said...

This is lovely, fab colours. We are having a little of everything the last few days even a little snow and hail then the next minute sunshine and yes the heating is back on. Good luck with the concert

Mac Mable said...

You should do tags more often as this one is gorgeous. Beautiful colours and blending and the layout is perfect. I think about the lambs and being cold too x Have a wonderful concert x

Unknown said...

Love the way you've interpreted the challenge. I think a tag is a great idea. The colours are blended beautifully and the presents really lend themselves to the variety of colours.

Zoe said...

Hi Kate, I'm loving your tag, a fab use of the colours for this month, great composition too. Thank you for joining in Chocolate Baroque colour challenge, good luck, Zoe DT member xx

Claire said...

Hi Kate, gorgeous tag! That's such a versatile stamp and I love your interpretation of the challenge colours. Thanks so much for joining us at Chocolate Baroque Challenge this time
Claire xx

Sue said...

Kate, what wonderful colors to work with, and you have created a beautiful card with them. Loving the image and the sponged background. WOW.

Hugs
Sue

annewaller said...

Lovely tag Kate. I hope that the weather has got a little warmer. Good luck with the Chocolate Baroque Challenge x.