Thursday 26 February 2015

Christening Card and a Rascal!

Good Afternoon Everyone and thank you so much for visiting and commenting on my cards, I do appreciate each comment and your time, and it makes the world of Blogging worthwhile.

I am feeling better, still coughing but the good news is that it's not in my chest, went along to see the doctor yesterday and he said it was just a very nasty virus but I'm clear chest wise, I'm doing all the right things to get better and it will just take time. He has signed me off work until next week so hopefully I will feel stronger by then.  Having diabetes means that I could be more at risk of infection
 are not something I take often.

My poor Alistair is having a bout of gout just now, and it's so painful.  It's been a while since he has had this and it's come from nowhere as we are pretty careful as to what he eats and he does take meds for it.  So I'm hoping that it eases off for him soon.

I have a card today that has taking me ages to make, just really because I've not been feeling too good, it is inspired by the lovely Teresa of http://craftingalldayscards.blogspot.co.uk/ 
who makes the most gorgeous cross over cards.


I was asked to make a Christening card by one of my clients for his new Grandnephew. As I mentioned I've taken inspiration from Teresa.
First Edition Paper, LOTV image, from the Art Pads. MB dies, Ribbon Girl Lace, WO Roses, Hobby House Pearls, Ribbon from Hobby Craft and a computer generated sentiment, a little stickles Frosted Lace and Star Dust.

Sorry it's a bit photo heavy, and here is another one, especially for Mrs. Duck;
Sorry I couldn't get him closer, you can just see my boy in the tree.  What you don't see is the big wood pigeon that was in the upper branches and has just flown  off, Teallach had just looked the other way and the bird took it's chance.  I have never seen Teallach over the road, he's branching out, pardon the pun.  He came back in disgusted.

Well, it's started sleeting here after being a really lovely day, so that's the end of the washing going out.
Keep well, everyone and Hugs to those who need them and hope to see you soon.



 

23 comments:

Karen Petitt said...

An absolutely stunning creation Kate - it's so beautiful and you can see the amount of love and attention to detail that went into this one. Sorry to hear you are still poorly - if it's any comfort my mum has had the nasty virus since early December and is only now starting to feel like she's getting over it, hope you and your DH feel 100% better soon Karen x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Wow this is a stunning creation, Kate. So much work and thought has gone in to this it is plain to see and the gorgeous lace edging looks so pretty. I am sure your client will be so very pleased with it.
Glad you are feeling a little better but poor Alistair needs some tlc now, you must keep healthy for the both of you.
Lorraine

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Holy cow Kate, you knocked this out of the park and created a masterpiece. What a lovely, lovely card. Definitely a keepsake. I'm glad you're feeling better. Oh dear, I heard gout is very painful. Wishing and praying that both you and Alistair recover 100% very, very soon. Take good care and sending you both and big get-well hugs.

Rita said...

Wow Kate. What a Stunning card. I'm sure it will be treasured and kept as as a keepsake. Love the picture with Teallach up in the tree, he is well camouflaged too. Hope you feel better soon. Hugs Rita xxx

cotnob said...

This is stunning Kate, such a fabulous design and so many gorgeous details - a wonderful card.
I hope you and hubby are soon feeling better.
Pauline
x

Erika said...

Great cross over Christening card Kate, love the tags inside too.
Shame about your cold/infection but good it's not on your chest. I'm still all snotty today, not a nice sight!
Hopefully we'll both be on the mend soon, got to love this time of year, not!

Hugs Erika. x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Hipe you both get better soon. This is so gorgeous, love all the details, this will be much appreciated x

Carol said...

Your card is stunning Kate, love all the gorgeous embellishments. Hope you both feel better soon. Carol x

Diane said...

Good Morning Kate, sorry to hear you have been ill. I hope both you and Alistair get better soon. Your Christening card is just delightful, the details and embellishments are so pretty. Love the picture of Teallach guarding that tree from Pigeons.

Hugs Diane

Jacee said...

A stunning creation Kate, love it!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Patricia said...

Good evening Kate,
An absolutely stunning card. Love the design and all that wonderful lace.
Glad the cold has not gone into your chest, keep cosy and plenty hot drinks.
What a right pair you are ..... who's helping who??
Hugs for both of you

Patricia xxx

Sue said...

This is stunning Kate, such a beautiful design full of gorgeous detailing too.
Glad you are starting to feel better, i hope you continue to make a good recovery and that Alistair is better soon too.
Take care, hugs Sue xx

Sue said...

This is stunning Kate, such a beautiful design full of gorgeous detailing too.
Glad you are starting to feel better, i hope you continue to make a good recovery and that Alistair is better soon too.
Take care, hugs Sue xx

Lorraine said...

This is gorgeous Kate. A fabulous design and I love all the pretty details.
Lorraine x

Marie-Louise said...

Gorgeous card kate. I have never made a cross over card but regularly look at Teresa's which are fantastic.

pam said...

Hi Kate, gorgeous card shape, beautiful image.. papers..roses and lace.stunning!.
glad you are feeling a bit better..
Hugs Pam

Sandy said...

Well it certainly sounds as if you and Alistair have seen better days but I know you both will feel better soon. I certainly hope you both feel better soon!
Your card is so sweet Kate. I hope to be crafting again by next September. I just can't miss Halloween!
Sandy xx

Pop's Cards said...

Oh my this is just gorgeous :0)) Hope your feeling better today Hugs Pops x

Hazel said...

Kate, I did try and comment from my phone on this gorgeous card, but it's not playing ball as one would say.
Naughty Teallach being up the tree and across the road??? He has come on to think he would t go out not so long ago.

Hazel x

Hazel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
Glad that you are on the mend, even if slowly.
Sorry to hear Mr C is not too good again. My cousin gets gout if he eats prawns!
Your card is magnificent. What a wonderful keepsake for liitle David.
As for your "boy" isn't he the little adventurer now. Not much camouflage about at this time of year to hide from the birdies.
Thanks for the pic Kate. . . . . . . Maybe one day I'll be able to take the plunge and get another.
Keep warm.
Ang x

meg said...

Beautiful card worth all the time and effort you've put into it, hope you both feel better soon.

Sue said...

No wonder it took hours, this is a masterpiece! Your friend must have been thrilled with the results. Just stunningly gorgeous, Kate.

Hugs
Sue