Thursday 8 August 2013

Weeping Geisha!

Good Evening Everyone, I hope today has been a good one for you, with some warm sunny weather.  We have had a really lovely day here in Inverness, a complete change from yesterday.

Thank you all so much for the very kind comments left about my last card, I do appreciate that you all take time to leave some words of inspiration and encouragement.

I've had the day to myself as Alistair was away in the mountains, so I had a crafty day, which included knitting, sadly my knitting is getting put to one side these days as my card making is taking over, and I honestly don't know what I'm going to do with all the cards as the craft fair that I was going to do in November has fallen through but I don't stop making them.

Anyway, I sat down in the afternoon with my knitting to watch The Robe. Now this is a film I've watched countless times and even know the dialogue at the right places, sad or what, but I enjoyed it.

I have a card for you;
I was very lucky to be given  the opportunity to choose some free images by the lovely Ignacio from http://nicecranedesigns.com/  and this one comes from the range called Asian Ladies.

I love Oriental images and when I saw this range I thought got to have that.
I've used, Papermania Oriental Treasures paper, Velum and Sentiment
Core'dinations
Crafter's Companion, Pearl Centura Card
Silver Mirri
Wild Orchid Flowers
Hobby House Pearls
Ribbon and Dove from my box
Glamour Dust

I think this image is my favourite, I think she is weeping hence my post title.
I hope Ignacio will think I've done her justice .

That's all from me tonight, thanks for visiting me
Hugs Kate x

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;
http://ribbongirls.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/august-card-challenge.html

http://wildorchidchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/week-82-birthday-party.html

25 comments:

Rita said...

Wow Wow Wow Kate, what a beautiful card. The beauty of the Geisha girl and the backing paper go so well together. A stunning card. Neil was on a hill run yesterday and came in 21st of 235 hill runners, so he was very pleased with that. My knitting is also back in the basket too, but I did buy the wool and pattern for the Debbie Bliss Shetland scarf. Hugs Rita xx

Unknown said...

How elegant! What a lovely and unique image you've used :)

Best crafty wishes!
Amber
Staying Crafty

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Kate. the image looks fab and I love the design and pretty embellies.
Lorraine x

rachel said...

this is just beautiful Kate - what a fabulous image you chose and a wonderful card you made with her! Hugs rachel xx

Diane said...

Gorgeous card Kate, love the image, overall design and all the wonderful embellishments.

regards diane

Sue said...

Your card is stunning Kate, you have definitely done the wonderful image justice. I love the colour scheme and gorgeous detailing.
Sue xx

Wendy Fraser said...

Gorgeous makes since my last visit Kate, sorry I haven't been around much, we've been really busy, out and about enjoying the holidays! xx

Doreen said...

What a gorgeous card,love the image and fab colours.xxx

pam said...

such a stunning card Kate, beautiful image and layout
pam

Nicecrane Designs said...

Wowwwww, Kate love the way you used my Geisha,,,,,what a colorful and all over vibrant cards,,,,,withe these incredible colors,,,,love your background and the pearls,,,,,are stunning my friend..

Patricia said...

Wow! Kate this is a stunning card. I love what you have done with the image. Only knitting I have done of late is "mini Baby Bootees"
Have a great weekend
Hugs

Patricia xxx

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Your card is beautiful Kate love your image and colours
jacqui x

Marie-Louise said...

Fantastic card Kate. Love the image and what you have done with it - lovely.
Fantastic choice of film.

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

This is gorgeous Kate a beautifully designed card! Love the images from Nicecrane you can spend hours looking at them! Susan x

Hazel said...


Lovely card Kate, that image is gorgeous.

Hazel

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
what fabulous card and image. I love the colours used. great design as always.
Have a wonderful crafty day.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Unknown said...

You have done a stunning job Kate with this image she is so sad looking I wonder what was in the mind of the creator. Beautiful anyway!

I too love The Robe an amazing film!

Crafty Hugs
Heather xx

Sandy said...

Hey Kate - your card is lovely! I hope you and Alistair have a lovely weekend.
Sandy

Dawn said...

A gorgeous card Kate. I love the design, beautiful colours and the soft feminine touches - lace and sparkle. It looks amazing.

Hugs, Dawn

May said...

Gorgeous card Kate, Love that image.. the colours are perfect & great design too...Hugs May x x x

Crafty Lark said...

Great card Kate, love the colours and detail. Sorry to hear your craft fair has fallen through. I used to do mine for two chariies but both have had a change and I have no time to organise an alternative, so I have chosen to play with my old and occasional new Christmas stash and just have fun. Sending crafty hugs. xx Flora

Jules said...

Oh I hope she isn't weeping Kate - I see her as daydreaming!

Gorgeous image and such a lovely colour combo.

Hope you have a lovely weekend.

Sorry to hear the craft fayre has fallen through. I hope you find another to take part in.

Love Jules xx

downrightcrafty said...

beautiful retro fabulous
Hugs Kate xx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
what a lovely card. Sorry Im behind but had dentist again yesterday and craft show today.
Is The Robe the one with Victor Mature and John Wayne at the end saying "truly he was the son of God" in an American drawl, not exactly authentic to ancient Palestine lol. Still a good film if its the one Im thinking of. x

Pop's Cards said...

Good morning sweetie, this is absolutely gorgeous, fabulous design, thank you for joining us at Wild Orchid Craft's this time, hugs Pops x