Saturday 24 August 2013

Sparkly Blue Tree!

Hi Everyone, Hoping everyone is enjoying their Saturday whatever it happens to be.  I'm not doing all that much as I am rather tired today owing to the fact that, I didn't want Alistair to sleep in as he had to be away from the house just after 6am to get to the train station and he was cycling and this meant that he had to be up a 5am., that being the case I slept fitfully, but off he went in time and will be by now in Orkney and will have the tent up and be thinking about food.  I do hope his weather is good because yesterday was very poor up there.
Anyway, tired as I say but still managed to get a card made.

Thank you all once again for the many kind comment on yesterday's card, and today I've been trying my hand again at the embossing and gilding, so here goes;
Now the light was hitting it a bit so I don't think the photo is great, and it looks like there is too much gilding on one side but in the flesh, so to speak, it's fairly even, I've used;
Chloe Tree Stamp
Wow embossing powder in Nice Ice Blue
SB embossing Folder
Creative Expressions Gilding Wax, Pearl Moon
Die'sire Sentimentals Happy Holidays Sentiment, embossed with Wow
Papermania Velvet Ribbon

I took the executive decision to not put any gems or pearls on it as I felt the love tree in the fab sparkly blue was enough.
I don't think it's turned out too badly, but I've a ways to go with the old bit heat embossing, but I tell you what, I could get hooked on the smell of the gilding wax.

Have a good evening and I'll see you soon, off to find a G&T now
Hugs Kate x


22 comments:

Rita said...

Good Evening Kate. I have spent all day taking in my Grand-daughter Julie's scribes, all were stitched by a double French seam too. However, I finished them all just before Teatime. Your Blue card is really stunning and I think the matching ribbon is all that it needed. Enjoy your G&T. Hugs Rita xxx

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Very beautiful Christmas card Kate, love the textures.

Enjoy your G&T sweetie!

Warm hugs
Maarit

Sue said...

Hi Kate this is a stunning card I love Chloe's stamps she's not far from me LOL love this blue its gorgeous lots of huggles Sue xxx

Lorraine said...

A very pretty card Kate. I love the embossing. Enjoy your G and T and have a lovely weekend
Lorraine x

Unknown said...

Hi Kate, so it will be feet up, knitting at the side, G and T in hand, remote control for TV in the other, surrounded by crafting goodies planning what to do next, what a life lol. Your card is lovely and yes I agree Chloe's stamps are lovely, I have yet to use the wreath but once I get all projects out of the way I an longing to give it a try. Love the embossing, photographs sometimes do not show the real card, we need to take professional advice.

Have a nice weekend.

Wilma x x x

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Lovely card Kate. Ohhh, I especially like the embossing, makes your card look so elegant.

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
Glad Im not the only one doing sparkly blue trees for Christmas lol!
Enjoy having custody of the remote again and try not to miss your man too much.x

Christine Harrop said...

I just love that stamp and the colour ink you have used is gorgeous. They say the camera doesn't lie but I have often found my projects don't actually look as good in the photo as in real life. But rest assured, it is lovely. And now I think I will join you in that G&T Kate. Cheers! love and hugs from Christine xx

Hazel said...


Kate, another beautiful card. I like the blue colour. Enjoy having the t.v.to yourself. Have two wee grandsons here tonight, it's Daddies party so we said we would have the boys so they can have a relaxing party. He loved his beer cake will post photos tomorrow.

Take care Hazel xxx

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love it.xxx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Kate. I love the tree and the colour is so pretty. The embossed background looks wonderful.
hugs Sue xx

Marie-Louise said...

Lovely card Kate. Love the colours and the great tree.

Hope you enjoyed your G&T. I had one also - very refreshing.

pam said...

beautiful card Kate, love the tree image and gorgeous embossing, I love the gilding wax, had to get all the colours, must use it now..
pam

rachel said...

This is lovely Kate. As soon as I saw it I thought its thst Chloe tree.....its on my wish list for sure. Love it. Hugs Rachel x

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

such a lovely card Kate great stamp and background xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hi Kate its lovely your embossing looks fine to me and what a beautiful tree! I have never heard of this wax so now you have me intrigued! Susan x

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
a lovely card. Love that tree stamp and your heat embossing is fab. Great colours used.
I hope you had a better night last night.
If you did it must have been the G&T you and Christine shared.lol.
Have a wonderful crafty Sunday.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

downrightcrafty said...

love the design of this card and super colours too
Hugs Kate xx

Diane said...

Wonderful embossing Kate with the pretty stamped tree.

Regards diane

Patricia said...

Beautiful card Kate, love the tree, the colour and the wonderful embossing.
Have a great evening
Hugs

Patricia xx

By the way it is 10kilo baggage allowance for November

Sandy said...

Kate your card is very pretty -- I had better get busy. It looks like you are well on your way!
Sandy

Unknown said...

How elegant! I LOOOOOVE that blue you used :)

Best crafty wishes!
Amber
Staying Crafty