Tuesday 27 August 2013

Grace busy Knitting!

Hello Everyone and I hope you have had a good beginning to your week and that you are all doing fine, and for those who aren't, well I'm sending hugs and good wishes that you will feel better soon.

Thank you once again for all your kind comments yesterday and I'm pleased you liked the card.

We had a good rehearsal last night and although that is us returned for two weeks now there are still new people joining the Choral Society, it's great but I wonder how we will all get on the stage come concert time.
We are doing a mixture of pieces this time around, to celebrated the Royal Jubilee Handle's Coronation Anthems have been pulled out and of course this is the suite which has the wonderful Zadok the Priest.  I know this one well but not the other 3 pieces.
Quite a few of the other pieces are completely new to most of us, but one I recognised as having heard before, not having sung though and I wracked my brain to remember, and then during the wee small hours it flashed up as a piece which is used in The Vicar of Dibly called As Torrents in Summer by Elgar. It's really quite a beautiful song.

I popped in to visit my son today, he is on holiday and I wanted to let him read the letter from the OH doctor, and I found him getting ready to take one of their cats to the vets to have two teeth removed, poor Poppy, however poor Damian too as it's to cost £350.  What a cost, but when you've pets they have to be looked after, but when they were quoted this Damian just about bit the reception's head off and said Moreen had been at the dentist the day before for a filling and it only cost £9. 25, Moreen is his Partner by the way.  I can just imagine his indignation about the cost, he says what he thinks and doesn't care who he says it too.  I wonder who he takes that from!!

So on to my card;
This little lady is one of Daisy's friends and is called Grace and you can find her on "Daisy and Friends CD from Joanna Sheen.
Prismacolour Pencils
Gingham paper also from CD
Centura Pearl Card
First Edition Sweet Owl Papers
Xcut die shapes
WO Blooms
Ribbon Girl Doily and Pearls
Hobbycraft  Pink Lace and Skein of yarn, pins for knitting pins
Stamp-Australia Sentimental Swirls Sentiment
Glamour Dust for a little sparkle

I bought this CD quite a while ago, and this is the first time I've used it, I must have seen it on C&C with Sheena demonstrating and thought I must have that, and there are some lovely little characters in it, but I don't really have all that many little ones to make cards for, so it probably wasn't a sensible buy.
I bought up everything when I first stared crafting and if I had to count the cost I would be horrified, especially of all the bits and pieces I never use. Nevertheless I enjoyed making this card, it's very pink and girly, not something I do much of, but I hope you like it.

Time for something to eat now and I think it's going to be Macaroni cheese, so have a good evening everyone.

 I would like to enter my card into,  http://joannasheenchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/pretty-in-pink.html


23 comments:

Christine Harrop said...

This is such a sweet card Kate. Your embellishments are great.

Pets are fabulous but can certainly end up costing a fortune. My sister's little Yorkshire terrier, a year old now, turned out to be lactose intolerant, and certainly cost them a pretty penny till the diagnosis was made and the special diet started - more expense! But she's gorgeous and well worth it.

Love and hugs from Christine xx

Wendy Fraser said...

You can't beat a bit of pink and girly every now and then, you've pinked out to perfection! xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Its quite adorable Kate and best not to think about how much we spend otherwise we wouldn't do anymore! Susan x

Hazel said...


Kate I agree with your son that's a lot for two teeth being removed, Jack the collie at work had teeth removed not so long ago and his was around £80 and he is getting on in years so they had to be very carefull with him. I think he needs to question it, you often find if the pet is insured the price doubles or triples.
A lovely girls card from you today.
I hope you enjoyed your Macaroni, would you believe I had to make that for Beth then come home and Charlie asked if I would make it for his tea, he loves it with mushrooms and tomatoes through it.

Hazel xxx

Patricia said...

Good evening Kate, had a look back at the cards I had missed both absolutely brilliant especially the Games one.
Today`s card is beautiful and so sweet with a great layout.
Hazel is right that`s a heck of a lot of money to pay at the Vet. I would certainly be questioning that before handing over any cash.
Hugs

Patricia xx

Sue said...

Your card is gorgeous Kate. I love the cute image and fabulous detailing, I especially like the ball of wool.
hugs Sue xx

Sue said...

Thats a lot of money Kate Ollie had to have a claw removed and it only cost £110 I would get your son to question the cost again. Lovely card by the way I cleaned all my crafty stash out the other week and took it to our youth club just like you I spent an awful lot on things I've never really used LOL but shush I don't want hubby to hear that hahaha huggles Sue xxx

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Kate. I love the image and all the pretty embellies.
Lorraine x

pam said...

beautiful card Kate, gorgeous image and great design, love the embellishments
pam

Unknown said...

How precious she is with all the curls in her hair! I just love the pearls :)

Best crafty wishes!
Amber
Staying Crafty

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
Good job you explained who Moreen is as I thought she was another cat lol! £9 for a filling? Even with a return flight, it would be cheaper for me to fly up there than go to my dentist for a filling.
That vet quote is horrendous. I too would be questioning that with their governing body or taking the cat to Moreens dentist. x

Sandy said...

Kate this is the cutest card! I do love the yarn with the knitting needles - how clever!
sandy

Unknown said...

Hi Kate, love the image and you have made her pretty in pink, lovely.

Pets, they cost a fortune when things go wrong, you son needs to query tht bill.

Enjoy dinner.

Wilma x x x

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

such a pretty card Kate love your colouring xx

Marie-Louise said...

Lovely card Kate. I think we all bought a lot of stuff when we were starting that we will never use. Thank goodness for ebay.

rachel said...

This is wonderful Kate. Really fabulous. Can' t believe that vets bill price but the filling was very cheap! I usually have to pay £16 to have a clean and polish and I'm sure a filling is around thirty! X

Unknown said...

Lovely Kate obviously this is a self portrait? :)

I have to say if I had another pet I would subscribe to Petplan for their healthcare I had a friend whose dog broke it's leg and it cost her £1800 in fees for the operation and after care!

Take care sweetie
Crafty Hugs
Heather xx

Pop's Cards said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!!! hugs Pops x x x

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
what a superb card. For a minute I thought it was portrait of you doing your knitting.lol.
I love your design ,the image and all the wonderful embellies you have used.
I know what you mean about craft stuff never used.
My hubby said to me one day how much do think you have spent over the years you have been card making.
Well I tell you if I knew ,I would be scared to tell him as we could have had a cruise or fab holiday, I'm sure with what it would tot up too. lol.
Trouble is when you spend it in dribs and drabs you don't ever think of it as a large amount. lol
Have a wonderful crafty day.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

MRS DUCK said...

Hey Kate
Im back again to say congratulations for getting Joanna's daily talent spot.
Well done you!
Ang x

Anonymous said...

Hi Love the card. I bought this CD when it was first shown on TV and like you I've never used it but looking at your lovely card I think I might give it an airing. Congrats on being on Joanna's spot today.
Love Val in Spain x

Linnie said...

Thankyou for choosing my image to work with she one of the fav ones i did nfor joanna ...I looove your card....big girls like this image too lol
luv
linniexxx

shaz earl said...

Very pretty card!

Thank you for joining us at Joanna Sheen for our *Pretty in Pink* challenge hope you will join us again

Shaz DT x