Wednesday 26 July 2017

Dandelions and a Winter Tree!

Hello  Everyone, hoping all is well with you, but if not I hope you feel better soon, sending kind thoughts out to you.

Wednesday already, mid week, boy does the time go fast!!  Poor day today, heavy rain and a lot cooler too. Sun is out now, but there's a dark sky. The Scottish weather fairly keep you on your toes.

I treated myself to John Next Door's new stamps, I think they are just lovely and the kind of images I like. Here is one of the dandelion stamps, the sentiment is also in the set. As I don't have his new Media Plates yet, I did my own version of using an Xcut die and inking up with TH Oxides then stamping the image in Versamark and clear EP, I carried on with the tiny wisps of the flower. My background is an Imagination Craft stencil and Starlight Paints, and I've edged the card with neutral charcoal pencil, I didn't think it needed any other adornment.  Here is another angle;
Now, just because I have another card to share;



So here is another of John's stamps from the set with trees and leaves. I started with Derwent Black card and scribbled Metallic Pencils on to it, in Gold, bronze and copper.  I then stamped one of the trees, there are three in the set and some leaves all in Gold Wow EP. Christmas Blessings is from the set and it's embossed in Wow Copper.  I faux stitched around the edge of the card with Sakura Gel Pen in Copper. The card blank is CE Graphite.

Another shot;
All the metallic shine makes it difficult to photograph.

I have to say I had such fun making these cards, they are fabulous to stamp with and the possibilities are endless, so expect more.  I hope you like these ones.

Just before I go, I want to thank you for the lovely comments on my last card, I do appreciate the time you all take to visit me and leave a comment, you are very kind.

Till next time, take care,




23 comments:

meg said...

TWO WONDERFUL CARDS KATE, LOVE THE SHIMMER IN BOTH, THE STAMP AND SOFTER HUES IN THE FIRST AND THE DRAMA IN THE SECOND, MISERABLE FOR MOST OF THE DAY HERE BRIGHTENED UP ABOUT 4, A LOVELY EVENING NOW.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Both your cards are so beautiful and different as male and female :)
Love expecially the first one! :)

Marlene Atkinson said...

2 Gorgeous cards Cards today Kate. A real day for crafting. David and I went to Eden Court today to see Dunkirk it was really good, not much else to do today. Marlene

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Wow these are fab, love that dandelion. I have to say we are loving Outlander

rachel said...

stunning mkes Kate - I especially like the first one - the colours are beautiful and you've used the paints to great effect! Gorgeous! Hugs Rachel x

pam said...

Two stunning cards Kate, beautiful stamps and colours.
Pam x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
My, you have done a great job with John's stamps. The metallic one is quite striking.
Enjoy playing.
Ang x

Anne said...

I'm catching up after my holidays Kate and enjoying looking at the makes I've missed over the last couple of weeks

I didn't see John's shows but I like how you've used the stamps, lovely cards and I can see that they will be useful images to have

Lucky you going to the Edinburgh jazz festival - what a treat!

Anne xx

aussie aNNie said...

Two stunners Kate love all the metallic shine, looks classy.xx [aNNie]

Valerija said...

Wonderful Kate.
Valerija xx

Jane said...

Love! Love! Love!

Wendy L said...

Wonderful cards Kate, so proud of him. xxxx

John Lockwood said...

they're really lovely kate I love the black and gold xx

Cara said...

Two fantastic cards, love how they are so different. Why is anything shiny, so difficult to photograph? I bet it adds up into weeks that we spend each year trying to get a good picture!

Flo Langley said...

Hi Kate, You can tell you have enjoyed using these stamp. Gorgeous cards. A beautiful design on the first. Super colour combo. Love how you have used the metalic pencils on the second. What a great effect.
Hugs Flo x

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
what very gorgeous crads and those stamped images are brilliant and gorgeous.
Beautiful inking and designing.
Especially love the 2nd one.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Dortesjs said...

Lovely cards both and the stamps also lovely.

Linda Simpson said...

These are gorgeous Kate, especially love the winter tree.
Hugs
Linda xxx

cotnob said...

Fabulous cards Kate, the first one is so pretty - lovely colours. The second one is beautiful, your gold embossing is so elegant.
It's more like Autumn than Summer down here today!
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Jennifer Johnston said...

Two fabulous cards Kate. Beautiful stamped images and I just love the colour combination you have used on the first card. Thanks for commenting on my blog, I really appreciate it.
Hugs Jennifer xx.

aussie aNNie said...

Hi again Kate, thanks for the comment re my header and blog....the fairy had to have time out and decided to be more feminine for a while, BUT...she will be back before you know it, can't get used to the pretty part of things.xx[aNNie]

Sue said...

Two fabulous cards. Love the colors on the first one and the design too. The second card is equally lovely in the dark and metallic tones. Wonderful cards and stamps.

Hugs
Sue

Barb said...

Two beautiful cards Kate. Aren't the oxides fun to use. I really like the idea of a metallic pencil background. Lovely stamps too. Barbxx