Friday 13 February 2015

Friday Oldie, Happy Anniversary.....Er...No Birthday!

Hello Everyone, how are you all today?  Well I hope, but sending out kind thoughts to those who're not.
Thank you all for your kind comments on my last card, I love reading them and appreciate each one.

Alistair is up and about today and feeling better, not completely but much more than before.

I went back to work today and was working late and I am surprised at how tired I am, I could just close my eyes and drop off to sleep, so I am keeping this post short.

It's a scheduled post for Friday Oldie, started by Erika at Snappy Craft as a bit of fun, and now there are quite a few of us have joined her. You can show anything you have made at an earlier time in your crafting career. Doesn't have to be a card, I sometimes show a knitting project, just whatever you like.
Here is my offering;
Made in my first year of crafting around 4 years ago and I can't remember where I got the image, but the flourishes are Marianne.
I have a wee story about this card.  Alistair have me a birthday card a few years ago, this card was what I found. He had forgotten to get me one and knowing how much store I set on cards, he thought that he would raid my box for one, but Alistair being Alistair didn't read the sentiment only looked at the image and thought I would like the dancers. Anyway, it's the thought that counts, I can only think I was lucky to get this one as he could have chosen a sympathy card, cos he thought I would like the flower on it. Bless him! What can you do with them......husbands!

Please join us, it's fun. Cheerio for now,

24 comments:

Patricia said...

Good morning Kate,
Thank you for starting my day with a wee chuckle.
Typical just typical I have a hubby exactly the same!!!
Tell you what, he "liked it" that's the main thing. Tells you something you make nice cards he was spoilt for choice and chose his favourite.
It is a fantastic card love the image and your great design.
Have a good day
Hugs

Patricia xxx

Rita said...

Good Morning Kate. Great card and I laughed too when I read your story. Hugs Rita xxx

Erika said...

Morning Kate, men eh?! Definitely wired differently to us girls.
Good to hear he is feeling a bit better.
Great card, your dancers really pop out of the card with the black against the paler shades. You made me smile with your comment about the sympathy card.

Thanks for joining me in sharing an oldie this Friday, have a super weekend, hugs Erika. x

Unknown said...

Men! Loved the card, and the story. That Marrianne die was one of the first dies I ever bought, and one I use regularly.
Cheers
Janice W

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,fabulous design.xxx

aussie aNNie said...

BEAUtiful card Kate and gorgeous design.xx

{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

cotnob said...

It's a fabulous card Kate, I'm not surprised Alistair chose it for the image - like you say it's the thought that counts. I'm pleased to hear that he is on the mend.
Have a lovely weekend.
Pauline
x

Marlene Atkinson said...

Morning Kate, this mad a laugh a little, I know what you mean, it is gorgeous. Marlene

Carol said...

Lovely card and your story made me laugh Kate. It reminds me of the time I re-gave hubby an anniversary card the year we sold the business as I'd been too busy to make a new one. On the day I was in a meeting and hubby popped his head through the door and mentioned our anniversary and the wrong number of years, of course I corrected him and thought no more about it until I got home and realised the card had the "wrong" years written inside! Oops that'll teach me! Carol x

Hazel said...

Oh Kate I had to laugh, men just don't stop and think do they? He liked it and knew you would to seeing how you made it.
It is a lovely image and design.
Hazel x

Pop's Cards said...

What a stunning creation sweetie Hugs Pops x

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
what a really great Oldie for Friday.
Super designing as always.
So glad hubby is feeling a little better.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Jacee said...

Great creation Kate, a really lovely card
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Sue said...

Thanks for making me smile with your story! Your card is gorgeous though, the image is so romantic.
I am pleased that Alistair is on the mend now.
hugs Sue xx

Lorraine said...

Fabulous card Kate.
Have a lovely weekend
Lorraine x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A lovely card and a funny story Kate, at least you can laugh about it, I bet he doesn't forget to get you a card any more though.
Lorraine

Marie-Louise said...

Beautiful card Kate. Loved your little story - typical man.

pam said...

Beautiful card Kate, think you have made us all laugh at the tale you told, typical man!!!.
Glad Alistair is on the mend.
Pam

rachel said...

this is beautiful Kate - I love the silhouette - gorgeous - big hugs Rachel x

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Hehe, men, eh?! He did pick a very beautiful card though, glad to hear that he's feeling much better.

Love
Maarit

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
Oh that did make me laugh but technically it was the anniversary of you being born (Alastair, you can have that one for free lol!)
Glad he is feeling better so that he can spoil you today (breakfast in bed , rose between his teeth, Indian meal for tea etc, etc lol!)
Have a great weekend.
Ang x

meg said...

Typical male, grab the first card that looks appropriate, my hubby is just the same. Love the card Kate its really elegant great for an anniversary or Valentines Day.
Glad he's feeling a bit better .

Peanut said...

Had to smile at your funny story. What a sweet card!
hugs, Asha

Sue said...

Beautiful card, Kate. Love the dancing couple and your design is lovely.

Hugs
Sue